• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ravens @ Broncos

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Ravens are a 7.5 - 9.5 underdog. This really surprised me.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too i guess people are thinking Peyton is going to destroy our defense and that the lose of Bloldin will be two thing the Ravens can't over come. i just don't see that happening. I think Baltimore will win Thursday night 31-27

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in all, I feel that is a fair assessment. Denver has the home field advantage and they haven't gone through as much of a transformation as the Ravens. Just because the Ravens are the underdog does not mean they can't win the game. Look how the playoff game went last season.

This should be a great game and Thursday can not get her fast enough.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in all, I feel that is a fair assessment. Denver has the home field advantage and they haven't gone through as much of a transformation as the Ravens. Just because the Ravens are the underdog does not mean they can't win the game. Look how the playoff game went last season.

Denver is missing it's two best pass rushers form last year, Miller and Dumervil (now with the Ravens). I think Joe has all day to throw, but they didn't go through as much as we did. I just don't see us losing by more than a TD if we do lose.

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Transformation in the Ravens case was a good thing. The defense seems to be much improved.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver is missing it's two best pass rushers form last year, Miller and Dumervil (now with the Ravens). I think Joe has all day to throw, but they didn't go through as much as we did. I just don't see us losing by more than a TD if we do lose.

I agree losing the top 2 guys will hurt but it is not like the Broncos did nothing to help replace some that was loss. They added Phillips who only had one less sack than Dumervil last year so he should replace him pretty much straight up. Wolfe is no longer a rookie so should add some talent to both the DT and DE position. They drafted one of the best pass rushing DT's in this past draft and added Knighton as well to help collapse the pocket so Joe Flacco doesn't have five yards to run up into to launch the deep ball. They also added to the secondary with DRC, Ihenacho, and Jammer so they should have some more speed on the back end to keep those deep balls from being a problem again. They added more speed to the linebacker core as well to help with the over the middle stuff.

I do think this will be a good game and honestly I agree it will be decided by a touchdown or less on either side.

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I'm expecting a close game either way. I think Denver not having Dumervil and Miller in this game is a huge advantage for the Ravens.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree losing the top 2 guys will hurt but it is not like the Broncos did nothing to help replace some that was loss. They added Phillips who only had one less sack than Dumervil last year so he should replace him pretty much straight up. Wolfe is no longer a rookie so should add some talent to both the DT and DE position. They drafted one of the best pass rushing DT's in this past draft and added Knighton as well to help collapse the pocket so Joe Flacco doesn't have five yards to run up into to launch the deep ball. They also added to the secondary with DRC, Ihenacho, and Jammer so they should have some more speed on the back end to keep those deep balls from being a problem again. They added more speed to the linebacker core as well to help with the over the middle stuff.

I do think this will be a good game and honestly I agree it will be decided by a touchdown or less on either side.

we shall see but i don't think Joe get sacked one time Thursday night and has all day to throw and i don't care how fast your guys are someone is going to get open if the QB has all day to throw. Peyton won't be that lucky and will have to rely on short passing game because our pass rush is going to be all over him like fly on shit. I'm not worried about the Denver Run game at all, i don't even know who you guys have a RB, but i know he isn't that good. So Denver has no pass rush a very limited offense and they are 7.5 point favors. i think people need to get Peyton's jock.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Ravens are a 7.5 - 9.5 underdog. This really surprised me.

Yeah, I was a little surprised to see Denver that heavily favored when I was looking at the lines on this site:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

I see that the line on espn.com, which frequently differs from the lines at the Las Vegas sports books, is only Denver by five. That definitely seems more reasonable to me, but evidently the money bet in Vegas warrants the wider spread.

The line obviously doesn't matter, of course, unless one is betting, since the outcome that will be reported in the standings is unaffected by the point spread.

Really looking forward to the game and a chance to (modestly) avenge the playoff loss. Definitely one of the more painful losses I've ever endured as a fan. I can only imagine how tough it was for the players and coaches to take.

Good luck and hopefully there are no injuries.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because the Ravens are the underdog does not mean they can't win the game. Look how the playoff game went last season.

Exactly what I thought of when I saw the spread! I'm sure that point isn't lost on Broncos players or coaches either.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we shall see but i don't think Joe get sacked one time Thursday night and has all day to throw and i don't care how fast your guys are someone is going to get open if the QB has all day to throw. Peyton won't be that lucky and will have to rely on short passing game because our pass rush is going to be all over him like fly on shit. I'm not worried about the Denver Run game at all, i don't even know who you guys have a RB, but i know he isn't that good. So Denver has no pass rush a very limited offense and they are 7.5 point favors. i think people need to get Peyton's jock.

I guess we shall see indeed. Just to give you a heads up on the Broncos running backs...The guy who ran for over a hundred yards last year in the regular season game and hurdled over the top of Ed Reed is our 3rd string running back this year. The two ahead of him are some young guns that I guess we will find out just how good/bad they are here pretty soon.

Also if the Ravens pass rush is that good then just remember the Broncos went out and got the best short yardage WR in the NFL in Wes Welker plus have a TE who is 6'5" and has been tearing up defenses all preseason. They also have one of if not the best LT in the NFL in Clady who is actually healthy this time around and an OL that only gave up the second fewest sacks all season last year and added 2 new starters that should be better than what we had last year on the OL.

Anyway like I said should be a good game and Thursday we finally get to let our teams do the talking for us.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i predict that marlon Brown will outperform torrey smith this season... can anyone tell me anything about brown?? i just dont see a 22 year old who is 6'5 to be slowed down on a team that just lost their TE, and whose 2 and 3 is jacoby jones and brandon stokely... I think that brown will quickly earn the WR2 slot, and his large frame will be a constant for flacco...

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bronco's are going to roll over the rats. Flacco will be rusty and allowing your key players to walk will haunt you.

Prediction: Broncos 31 - Ravens 17

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game will be won in the trenches. The Ravens O-Line and D-Line will outperform their counterparts IMO. The losses of Miller Doom Bailey will be huge.

No running game plus the Ravens D-Line being better and healthy this game will make the difference. I am concerned with the revenge factor but if the Ravens can keep Peyton one dimensional they can win.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game will be won in the trenches. The Ravens O-Line and D-Line will outperform their counterparts IMO. The losses of Miller Doom Bailey will be huge.

No running game plus the Ravens D-Line being better and healthy this game will make the difference. I am concerned with the revenge factor but if the Ravens can keep Peyton one dimensional they can win.

games usually are won and lost in the trenches that is why i think the Ravens still make the playoffs this year. They have arguably the best o-line and d-line in the NFL.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the broncos are the better team but that spread is too high.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the broncos are the better team but that spread is too high.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8h4Th9AkMU]You Shut Your Face - Samuel L. Jackson - YouTube[/ame]

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Broncos are better at all. In fact the only thing the Broncos have better then the Ravens is wr's and Peyton. Running game adv Ravens...O-Line adv Ravens, D-Line Adv Ravens,CB's adv Ravens,Special teams about even JJones and Holliday IMO are almost even.

Take out Miller and Bailey and the Ravens are way better IMO.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all have to remember that the Ravens will be playing against a better Payton Manning. After all, it's not cold outside tonight. Either way, it will be a great game.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh... Rain delay!!! Somewhere Ray Lewis is telling people that it's a "conspiracy"

:laugh3: