• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs O's

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be a generalization, but every time EA gets moved back into the 2nd spot, the offense goes to sleep...Whether this is true or not, I really think Elvis needs to stay at the bottom of the order for awhile...missed the game tonight (went to Braves game), but it was shame to see Wolf's performance wasted..

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This may be a generalization, but every time EA gets moved back into the 2nd spot, the offense goes to sleep...Whether this is true or not, I really think Elvis needs to stay at the bottom of the order for awhile...missed the game tonight (went to Braves game), but it was shame to see Wolf's performance wasted..

Would like to see Martin in the 2nd spot but I doubt that it happens anytime soon

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wash wants Martin in the 9 hole for Ian because of his speed. Elvis gives you the same thing. Martin is hitting like .290 and is handling the bat better than Elvis. Switch them. It's not that hard to figure out.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another unreasonable complaint by me - but I guess I was expecting a bit more from Profar. It sure doesn't help that he's not in the lineup everyday and he's in a different position when he is...but maybe I've been jaded by the big success of Trout (everyone genuflect at this point), and Machado, and this comparison may be grossly unfair on my part, but he's not looking to me to be the #1 prospect. Im also afraid we may be losing trade value each day his BA drops.

I guess I was expecting spectacular, "oh wow" moments, and I'm seeing typical rookie moments....again, I realize this may be a grossly unreasonable complaint on my part ...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another unreasonable complaint by me - but I guess I was expecting a bit more from Profar. It sure doesn't help that he's not in the lineup everyday and he's in a different position when he is...but maybe I've been jaded by the big success of Trout (everyone genuflect at this point), and Machado, and this comparison may be grossly unfair on my part, but he's not looking to me to be the #1 prospect. Im also afraid we may be losing trade value each day his BA drops.

I guess I was expecting spectacular, "oh wow" moments, and I'm seeing typical rookie moments....again, I realize this may be a grossly unreasonable complaint on my part ...

Anyone who expected Profar to be a Trout/Machado/Harper had very unrealistic expectations.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who expected Profar to be a Trout/Machado/Harper had very unrealistic expectations.
And it would sure help if he was in the lineup everyday, playing in the same position and batting in the same spot...this has to be tough for him.

bennie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is a 20 year old rookie. Give him time.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash wants Martin in the 9 hole for Ian because of his speed. Elvis gives you the same thing. Martin is hitting like .290 and is handling the bat better than Elvis. Switch them. It's not that hard to figure out.

It is hard for that idiot to figure out, my 2 year old can write a better lineup card

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was kind of tongue in cheek with the trade, but he said that we will get the starting rotation figured out and that Wolfe will go back into his role in the BP. Hard for me to believe that Wolfe would not be considered for a spot in the rotation

It will be several days before Wolf is needed again. There's 4 games in Detroit then a 3 day AS break then the rotation starts over. In addition, Ogando could be back by then. It may be best to wait and see what happens down the road.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be several days before Wolf is needed again. There's 4 games in Detroit then a 3 day AS break then the rotation starts over. In addition, Ogando could be back by then. It may be best to wait and see what happens down the road.

3 games in Detroit.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't see the last two games. Was EA in the two hole for the second game?

someone (fan) would have to look at their numbers closely to see if this is actually a problem. ( I guarantee the team already has every number)
It's strange though, EA should see better pitches after Kins and before Cruz...which leads me to believe he's just slumping. How you get a player out of a slump is the never ending mystery.

My only guess is Wash moved him down to take some pressure off of him, which Wash actually said. He hit better, and maybe assumed that was enough for EA to get some game back, and again, he should see better pitches in the 2 hole anyway.
Having said that, he probably did move him too quickly...but this is a guy that's been an effective 2 hole for a long time now.
I guess you could go ahead and try Martin there, it certainly makes some sense....and then hope the change doesn't effect Martin's hitting, which we don't have any reason to believe it would.

And while fans understandably hated Murphy in the 2 hole, I think that was also an attempt for Murphy to see better pitches and get his numbers going.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if Oando is back I do not wnt Grimm as one of our starters. Let him be long relief. Wolf has earned it and Grimm sure has not.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the last two games. Was EA in the two hole for the second game?

someone (fan) would have to look at their numbers closely to see if this is actually a problem. ( I guarantee the team already has every number)
It's strange though, EA should see better pitches after Kins and before Cruz...which leads me to believe he's just slumping. How you get a player out of a slump is the never ending mystery.

My only guess is Wash moved him down to take some pressure off of him, which Wash actually said. He hit better, and maybe assumed that was enough for EA to get some game back, and again, he should see better pitches in the 2 hole anyway.
Having said that, he probably did move him too quickly...but this is a guy that's been an effective 2 hole for a long time now.
I guess you could go ahead and try Martin there, it certainly makes some sense....and then hope the change doesn't effect Martin's hitting, which we don't have any reason to believe it would.

And while fans understandably hated Murphy in the 2 hole, I think that was also an attempt for Murphy to see better pitches and get his numbers going.

I would think that Martin hitting in front of Cruz would give him better pitches to hit. I'm sure he gets good pitches hitting right in front of Ian, but maybe moreso with Cruz. That said, I hope I'm not jumping the gun, but batting him second would get him more AB's and possibly put him in some key late game situations. As of now I'd rather see him in those spots than Elvis.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a 20 year old rookie. Give him time.

I agree it's mainly because he's so young, but this isn't a tryout, this is a playoff race.
My biggest complaint is Profar playing third, Beltre saves runs/hits and games at times. I understand Beltre and his hammy, but really, he's still hitting and running, it doesn't make any sense to me that Beltre Dh'ing is actually resting his hammy at all.

Sure, rest Beltre every once in awhile, but every week? NO. He's too important to this defense.
EA and Kinsler are still better than Profar, (experience) and he really shouldn't be taking their spots regularly either, but I think Profar is good enough that he's unlikely to lose us any games at those positions.

I would field the best defense we have every game, exceptions only for rest, ESPECIALLY with our SP that needs every out they can get. A lot of teams would love to have our infield...
But apparently Profar playing as much as he can is more important. If we were talking about some big bat, I would understand, but we aren't.
He's 20, he's ours and he's not going anywhere....want to get him bats? Okay, have him DH more...and then rest the position players once in awhile, they don't need to be dh'ing every week for rest, I've never heard of any team doing that, probably because it's pretty ridiculous.
Profar isn't even in the same universe as game changers like Harper and Trout.

Can't really figure out what Daniels hopes to achieve by doing this, but it's certainly possible that he has a plan that I'm missing.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that Martin hitting in front of Cruz would give him better pitches to hit. I'm sure he gets good pitches hitting right in front of Ian, but maybe moreso with Cruz. That said, I hope I'm not jumping the gun, but batting him second would get him more AB's and possibly put him in some key late game situations. As of now I'd rather see him in those spots than Elvis.

I'm great with moving Martin there, Martin is really the breakout story this year, not Profar, and that is in no way a dig at Profar. Profar is obviously still blocked, and not projected to hit like Martin. Profar is going to bring something different, and that something is not really what we need right now.

Anyway, I do understand how it would be tough to flip EA to the 9 hole, but I'm not against trying it.
It just kinda sucks ya know? We know EA is better than this.

you weren't talking about Profar, (I know) I was just incorporating my thoughts on the differences Profar and Martin have made

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Oando is back I do not wnt Grimm as one of our starters. Let him be long relief. Wolf has earned it and Grimm sure has not.

I agree, keep stretching Wolf for the SP role and flip Tepesch or Grimm to the long man, I don't know what we have to lose by trying this.
Grimm and Tepesch are young, moving to the BP for a season doesn't ruin ANY chance of starting in the future...if they can prove their good enough, and ready. They aren't, it was great while it lasted, but quite obviously that's over.

(I'd prefer Tepesch in the long role)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, keep stretching Wolf for the SP role and flip Tepesch or Grimm to the long man, I don't know what we have to lose by trying this.
Grimm and Tepesch are young, moving to the BP for a season doesn't ruin ANY chance of starting in the future...if they can prove their good enough, and ready. They aren't, it was great while it lasted, but quite obviously that's over.

(I'd prefer Tepesch in the long role)

They need to continue to start an develop. If they're not in the big league rotation, they need to be in AAA.

Wkbrdr2234

Ranger Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to continue to start an develop. If they're not in the big league rotation, they need to be in AAA.
Agreed. No doubt these guys have the talent to start, they just have some development to do, and you can't do that effectively getting moved around in different roles. If I had to choose between Tepesch and Grimm it would be Tepesch. I just see a bigger upside in him right now with a little more maturity on the mound being able to work through jams etc.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm great with moving Martin there, Martin is really the breakout story this year, not Profar, and that is in no way a dig at Profar. Profar is obviously still blocked, and not projected to hit like Martin. Profar is going to bring something different, and that something is not really what we need right now.

Anyway, I do understand how it would be tough to flip EA to the 9 hole, but I'm not against trying it.
It just kinda sucks ya know? We know EA is better than this.

you weren't talking about Profar, (I know) I was just incorporating my thoughts on the differences Profar and Martin have made

Profar is projected to hit every bit as much as Martin, Martin is just 5 years older, they may have about the same experience at the ML level (300 vs. 161 PAs), but Martin is a lot older