• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to NY to Meet the Mets for 3 Games August 28-30

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could not beat Down East
Normally I would say that is nonsense, but I honestly don’t think the opponent even matters at this point. It could be a high school team beating them. It’s not about physical ability. This is mental. This is having no confidence to get a hit against anyone. They are so far in their own heads that they have completely forgotten how to play the game.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I would say that is nonsense, but I honestly don’t think the opponent even matters at this point. It could be a high school team beating them. It’s not about physical ability. This is mental. This is having no confidence to get a hit against anyone. They are so far in their own heads that they have completely forgotten how to play the game.
Definitely mental.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are the worst team in mlb and it's not even close. You think any free agent arms or hitters are going to want to come to this dumpster fire of a team this off-season? Not a chance.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Bochy survive the season? If this goes on for a couple more weeks is it a case of either Bochy goes or CY goes. I am sure ownership is close to losing patience.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are the worst team in mlb and it's not even close. You think any free agent arms or hitters are going to want to come to this dumpster fire of a team this off-season? Not a chance.
This is where I disagree. We are a dumpster fire RIGHT NOW. We might even remain a dumpster fire for the rest of the season. But players don’t ignore the first half of the season. They will see a team who has better days ahead and who just choked it all away in 2023.

It doesn’t matter what we do between now and October 1. No free agent is choosing a true dumpster fire like the Mets or Angels over us. We can be competitive within the next few years with an improved bullpen and Carter/Langford.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thoroughly unimpressed with Bochy at this point. His bullpen management has been embarrassingly bad. But he’s not doing anything to shake up the team, either.

Why not try completely switching up the batting order? It might not make a difference, but it’s at least worth trying at this point. Shake your players out of this routine. We send the same lineup (or a slightly different version of it) out every single game, and every single game we get the same results.

Why not totally change the lineup? Bat Martinez lead off. Move Seager to cleanup. Move Adolis down to 8 and Lowe down to 9. Something. Anything. The team has fallen so far off the cliff, the time has come for desperate and/or radical changes. Shake it all up. What could it hurt?
They could flip the lineup with Taveras at the top and Semien at 9 and it wouldn’t make any damn difference

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could flip the lineup with Taveras at the top and Semien at 9 and it wouldn’t make any damn difference
Maybe yes, maybe no. But they will never know unless they try. You can either try everything you can to right the ship, or you can just sit there and be defeated and say “oh well, we just suck, might as well try nothing at all and just lose”.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMALL BALL is still part ofthe game but we perfer dblp's

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time we do something even kind of right, we go and blow it all to hell. Two men on, nobody out. Ok, maybe we’re finally putting a little something together here. What can go wrong?

Nathaniel Lowe: “hold my beer”.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where I disagree. We are a dumpster fire RIGHT NOW. We might even remain a dumpster fire for the rest of the season. But players don’t ignore the first half of the season. They will see a team who has better days ahead and who just choked it all away in 2023.

It doesn’t matter what we do between now and October 1. No free agent is choosing a true dumpster fire like the Mets or Angels over us. We can be competitive within the next few years with an improved bullpen and Carter/Langford.
What makes you think we aren't a "true" dumpster fire of a team like the Angels or Mets? Because we overpaid a bunch of players? We have the worst bullpen in baseball. We have a manager that is past his prime. We have one of the worst minor league pitching development programs in baseball . We are striking out at absurd rates, generally unseen in mlb.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Bochy survive the season? If this goes on for a couple more weeks is it a case of either Bochy goes or CY goes. I am sure ownership is close to losing patience.
If the death spiral continues, they will need to axe someone. You can’t let things go this far awry without holding someone accountable. Whether it’s Bochy, Hyers, the team psychologist, the team trainer, the team caterer… someone needs to go for this epic disaster.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe yes, maybe no. But they will never know unless they try. You can either try everything you can to right the ship, or you can just sit there and be defeated and say “oh well, we just suck, might as well try nothing at all and just lose”.
I agree We need something but there doesn’t seem to be anyone really wanting to do anything and I’m talking the players

Except for the starting pitchers

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it’s a case of the players not believing in themselves right now. No team meeting by Bochy or lineup juggling is going to change that.

As Tommy Lasorda used to say ‘You gotta believe’. It’s the first step towards self confidence.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think people understand how bad the Mets starting pitcher is today. This guy is shutting the Rangers out. This has got to be rock bottom. Right? I mean you can't do worse than this, right?
This all started when they were shut down by Detmers who is terrible.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think we aren't a "true" dumpster fire of a team like the Angels or Mets? Because we overpaid a bunch of players? We have the worst bullpen in baseball. We have a manager that is past his prime. We have one of the worst minor league pitching development programs in baseball . We are striking out at absurd rates, generally unseen in mlb.
See, this is again where you choose to focus on the negative and ignore the positive like you always do.

Why are we not a dumpster fire?

1. We led all of baseball in run differential for over half of a season. That wasn’t an accident or just luck. Dumpster fires can’t hold things together for that long.

2. We have 2 of the top 10 prospects in all of baseball. Evan Carter and Wyatt Langford are 2 of the most sure fire superstars in all of the minors. Our outfield will be scary good for a long time.

3. We have the money to over pay for pitching moving forward. We might suck at developing pitchers, but we have an owner who can buy them. And we currently have Jacob DeGrom and Max Scherzer for at least one more season together, if not more. They’re still legit and are better than what a lot of the league has.

4. The bullpen we will have in 2024 and moving forward is not the same one we have now.

5. Josh Jung

6. One of the better middle infields in all of baseball

7. A top 3 overall player in the American League

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seager is only going to be about 5 plate appearances short of qualifying for the leaders in batting average and OPS when this game is over.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seager is only going to be about 5 plate appearances short of qualifying for the leaders in batting average and OPS when this game is over.
By the end of the week he will most likely have enough.