• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Arizona For 2 Games With the Diamondbacks August 21-22

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duran was 4 for 8 in the Brewers series. Wouldn’t call tha ineffective.
Okay but what was his stats prior to that? We were in mass complaining about his effectiveness to the point that some even suggested he be benched

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay but what was his stats prior to that? We were in mass complaining about his effectiveness to the point that some even suggested he be benched
Just prior to that he was 7 for 18, so 11 for 26 altogether.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay okay I surrender he never sucked
He struggled for a good while, but fair is fair. He figured something out.

Maybe he pulls a Taveras for the rest of the season, but over the last several games he has been very effective, overall.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe he pulls a Taveras for the rest of the season, but over the last several games he has been very effective, overall.
Okay

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True and with Heim limited to hitting only left and not fully effective even there and Duran totally ineffective we are really hurting
How is Duran "totally ineffective?" Some of you are pretty unforgiving. The guy plays a number of positions. Yesterday happened to be a tough day defensively but not offensively.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rangers have had a fantastic season. It's gone better than any of us could have hoped.

Right now, they are not a top tier team. They toss out a great game every so often, but they have a ton of issues. Injuries and slumps have taken their toll. The top tier teams have pretty much everything clicking for them, and right now the Rangers don't have that. It's not just one thing or one guy.

Maybe things turn around for them? Who knows. Hard to be too upset at this season. It's August 21st and they're still in first place.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rangers have had a fantastic season. It's gone better than any of us could have hoped.

Right now, they are not a top tier team. They toss out a great game every so often, but they have a ton of issues. Injuries and slumps have taken their toll. The top tier teams have pretty much everything clicking for them, and right now the Rangers don't have that. It's not just one thing or one guy.

Maybe things turn around for them? Who knows. Hard to be too upset at this season. It's August 21st and they're still in first place.
I 2nd that.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Martinez will go from the greatest thing since sliced bread to "we need to demote him and bring someone else up." To keep an average at 300 is not accomplished by the majority of MLB players. What most of our younger players have done this year is pretty amazing.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all want at least some of our young prospects especially a guy like Carter and some pitching to turn into accomplished MLB ball players who have a significant role on an MLB championship. Hard to think we can just buy one. But that takes patience and intuitive analysis identifying who it will be.
Have to think there is a big difference between a guy like Carter and Solak

However I had higher expectations for guys like Gallo and Mazara. I thought others could at be mainstays but alas I have been disappointed

JUng has done well. We had some relievers that looked good some have panned out some gotten rid of
Hope the book is still out on JHern

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all want at least some of our young prospects especially a guy like Carter and some pitching to turn into accomplished MLB ball players who have a significant role on an MLB championship. Hard to think we can just buy one. But that takes patience and intuitive analysis identifying who it will be.
Have to think there is a big difference between a guy like Carter and Solak

However I had higher expectations for guys like Gallo and Mazara. I thought others could at be mainstays but alas I have been disappointed

JUng has done well. We had some relievers that looked good some have panned out some gotten rid of
Hope the book is still out on JHern
Determining which ones to keep amd which ones to not keep will decide our fate, I think.

There is no way we can sign 2 or 3 starting pitchers, 2 or 3 relievers and 2 or 3 position players in free agency. The bulk of what we need from here on out is going to have to come from the farm.

To me, I see us having less home grown relievers than anything else. That is what we should spend money on.

We are going to have to start taking chances on our home grown starting pitchers and position players.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Determining which ones to keep amd which ones to not keep will decide our fate, I think.

There is no way we can sign 2 or 3 starting pitchers, 2 or 3 relievers and 2 or 3 position players in free agency. The bulk of what we need from here on out is going to have to come from the farm.

To me, I see us having less home grown relievers than anything else. That is what we should spend money on.

We are going to have to start taking chances on our home grown starting pitchers and position players.
Don’t see us signing more than 1SP which should be Montgomery if I read the FO and Bouchy/Maddux right. That gives us Scherzer, Eovaldi, Dunning, Gray & Montgomery.

So we are going to need at least 4 or 5 relievers including a closer.

And at least a LF’er and a DH