• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers hosting the Jays 4-6,7,8

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more for free........ everyone loves Maddon and Pinella but they both almost bundled their WS for use of their bullpen. Some managers overmanage

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Switzer was a terrible coach and he still got a Super Bowl with great players. This team does not have a lot of elite seasoned talent up and down the line up and as starting pitchers. Better to make specific examples to examine vs generalize. Wash was very easy to second guess for his heads scratching lineup and moves but he sure knows how to teach IF how to play their positions

Crawler-maybe it is good to detail his specific failures as a manager this season.

(BTW Romeo. More of a pro vs college reference re Barry-Ha)

The cowboys example is not a good one.

Different sport and definitely different circumstances.

Switzer inherited a great team. All he had to do was stay out of the way and not eff it up.

Rooster has not won a playoff series. His claim to fame is getting owned by the blue jays in the playoffs.

He’s had competitive teams the last few years and hasn’t been able to do much with them.

He’s terrible at managing a bullpen, and he sticks with struggling guys way too long.

Last year we were trying to be competitive and he really took the wind out of our sails by trotting Dyson out there for 2 weeks too long while he single handedly blew at least 5 games. He hasn’t done a good job with profar, but in fairness no rangers manager has.

I honestly think we could do better.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Here is the cynic in me resp
The cowboys example is not a good one.

Different sport and definitely different circumstances.

Switzer inherited a great team. All he had to do was stay out of the way and not eff it up.

Rooster has not won a playoff series. His claim to fame is getting owned by the blue jays in the playoffs.

He’s had competitive teams the last few years and hasn’t been able to do much with them.

He’s terrible at managing a bullpen, and he sticks with struggling guys way too long.

Last year we were trying to be competitive and he really took the wind out of our sails by trotting Dyson out there for 2 weeks too long while he single handedly blew at least 5 games. He hasn’t done a good job with profar, but in fairness no rangers manager has.

I honestly think we could do better.

Ok I get the Dyson usage and he has a tendency to be loyal to a fault but sometimes a manager has to lose the battle to win the war. If a guy like Beltre is starting slow which he is the you don't knee jerk him out of the lineup.

Banny admitted he did not handle young guys well last year which is admirable one hand because most don't admit their mistakes. But in reality his ultimate number one focus although I said is to develop their young players this year so he better get that straight. JD to help brought in Colby, Pudge and even MY although more for the farm. Some say even MY is in the mix for a future manage job.

I think the manager has to have good teachers and a good bench coach and manage personalities more. They also have to interface with the front office and owners and balance metrics of the data experts and have some grass roots hands on know how with scouts.

This is a new year the rope is still loose before any noose is tightened. Just my opinion

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more for free........ everyone loves Maddon and Pinella but they both almost bundled their WS for use of their bullpen. Some managers overmanage
Agree as I always liked Maddon but his managing of the BP in the WS was terrible. If the Indians were not down 2 starters the results may have been different.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her is my cynicism as a long suffering Ranger fan. Unfortunately one of JDs prime responsibility this year beside finding talent is to make the owners money. Yes it is obvious we went on the cheap this year. I know the team once went bankrupt and perhaps they are putting money in savings for the new ballpark but the city of Arlington went to the plate and there is going to come a time when the owners should reciprocate.

We have a payroll that has decreased and not to be mean I hav rnot heard this fully addressed in media circles. And heaven forbid they are questioned. This is about as sour as I can get. I chime in those circles every once in a while.

Last edited:

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawler. The good Lord himself could not manage this team to a championship. Just not enough ready talent. Guys have to improve. Banny needs to help facilitate that. Let Don I. coach the bench on gameday. He might be your replacement

So really Much ado about nothing. Like leaving a pitcher in one extra batter is what is really at stake now-----do you think that? Please

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawler. The good Lord himself could not manage this team to a championship. Just not enough ready talent. Guys have to improve. Banny needs to help facilitate that. Let Don I. coach the bench on gameday. He might be your replacement

So really Much ado about nothing. Like leaving a pitcher in one extra batter is what is really at stake now-----do you think that? Please
I don't have anything in particular in mind, but I want the manager to make the right moves whether this team is poised to win 75 or 95. Kinda like I want the players to play just as well in the same circumstance.

My hope for Banny is that he can learn from his mistakes. Some managers are too stubborn to change, some are too egotistical to change, and some are too dumb to change. I really don't think Banny fits in any of those categories. Just like guys like Rua, Profar, and others this is a good year to find out about Banny as well. If he isn't the right guy then J D cannot stick with him too long like he did with Wash.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have anything in particular in mind, but I want the manager to make the right moves whether this team is poised to win 75 or 95. Kinda like I want the players to play just as well in the same circumstance.

My hope for Banny is that he can learn from his mistakes. Some managers are too stubborn to change, some are too egotistical to change, and some are too dumb to change. I really don't think Banny fits in any of those categories. Just like guys like Rua, Profar, and others this is a good year to find out about Banny as well. If he isn't the right guy then J D cannot stick with him too long like he did with Wash.

At least wash had success to fall back on. I know he didn’t get a World Series, but there are still MLB teams without a league championship.

Banny hasn’t done squat here.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can agree with this. I was ticked off when I said my piece last night or whenever it was because I was kind of waiting to see what they would do with Colon and I felt it was the wrong move and it was very obvious in being the wrong move. I don't care how much money Moore costs them he should not be on a major league roster right now. That and how they have used Chavez. I also would like to see something more along the lines of Choo and Andrus to lead off on a consistent basis and not a guy in the 2 hole who cannot handle a bat. Let Beltre, Gallo and Maz follow those two. Let's face it. It is real hard to kick Bannister to the curb because last year guys just did not do their job at the end of games and this was not just one person but a number of guys. And this year he has been given the short straw. There was nothing that told me when they hired him that this was the guy for the job as to me their was nothing really to base it on but I want to give the guy a chance.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least wash had success to fall back on. I know he didn’t get a World Series, but there are still MLB teams without a league championship.

Banny also hasn’t had anything resembling the caliber of teams that Wash had. But hey, keep letting your ignorance abound. It amuses the rest of us.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wash was here at the same time the team was super talented. They won big in spite of him. He doesn't have any success to fall back on. JD built those teams through the Teixeira trade, the Hamilton trade, the Napoli trade, the Lee trade and the Beltre signing. At the same time JD is to be blamed for keeping Wash around way too long. Wash was his blindspot.

Last edited:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash was here at the same time the team was super talented. They won big in spite of him. He doesn't have any success to fall back on. JD built those teams through the Teixeira trade, the Hamilton trade, the Napoli trade, the Lee trade and the Beltre signing. At the same time JD is to be blamed for keeping Wash around way too long. Wash was his blindspot.
Well spoken Bennie. JD was brilliant at the time.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And he can be again. He’s had some bad breaks and when you combine that with a couple gambled probably better left untaken you get what we have right now. It’s going to take time to rebuild this thing but JD can do it and it starts this season. Anyone who’s so short sighted that they’re bitching about about wins and losses and records this year is fucking idiot. The target is two seasons from now at minimum. Cutting Daniels loose now would be a big mistake.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he can be again. He’s had some bad breaks and when you combine that with a couple gambled probably better left untaken you get what we have right now. It’s going to take time to rebuild this thing but JD can do it and it starts this season. Anyone who’s so short sighted that they’re bitching about about wins and losses and records this year is fucking idiot. The target is two seasons from now at minimum. Cutting Daniels loose now would be a big mistake.
Of course but a few either don't understand or just won't try. Trolling or severe case of dumb ass is my best guess. I have tried to rationalize that winning now is secondary but evaluation is a primary concern. Some just can't see the forest for the trees.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course but a few either don't understand or just won't try. Trolling or severe case of dumb ass is my best guess. I have tried to rationalize that winning now is secondary but evaluation is a primary concern. Some just can't see the forest for the trees.

Which makes for a completely new way to manage this season. We have to keep this in mind.
Ok we want to win but we have to develop at the same time.

My only beef is do we really think Tocci, Rua or Robinson are future Stsrting OF for this team. May be backup or even a platoon but likely only a bridge. This is on ownership though. If they develop then good but if only a bridge they could have gotten something on the cheap.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made some wonderful moves at the time. He was in a situation where he had no choice, but to try it that way though. He had a broke owner so he couldn't very well spend his way back to contention. He should get a ton of credit for making those moves though.

Since then he has had to make a lot more decisions about how to build the team back to where it needs to be. I feel he has made some very wrong decisions along the way that has extended the time frame. We should have went to a rebuilding plan after the 2013 season and not went after Choo and Fielder. We could have made a Teixeira-esque trade using Beltre and this team could have been a force to be reckoned with by now.

That being said, let's see what JD does from this point on. Maybe he has learned from his mistakes.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well some may say Wash was a good teaching coach and excellent 3rd base coach. Bench. Not so much. Also played favorites. Yeah JD put up with him too long. But just like in life we often have to take the good with the bad

But yes wish he was just a coach for us

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made some wonderful moves at the time. He was in a situation where he had no choice, but to try it that way though. He had a broke owner so he couldn't very well spend his way back to contention. He should get a ton of credit for making those moves though.

Since then he has had to make a lot more decisions about how to build the team back to where it needs to be. I feel he has made some very wrong decisions along the way that has extended the time frame. We should have went to a rebuilding plan after the 2013 season and not went after Choo and Fielder. We could have made a Teixeira-esque trade using Beltre and this team could have been a force to be reckoned with by now.

That being said, let's see what JD does from this point on. Maybe he has learned from his mistakes.

So we should have traded Darvish too?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not know if Tocci Rua or Robinson will shake out and play in our OF but I do know without serious evaluation we will never know. Now is the time to find out. At some point we will be able to know what we need and then I expect JD to make the moves to put us back on track.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which makes for a completely new way to manage this season. We have to keep this in mind.
Ok we want to win but we have to develop at the same time.

My only beef is do we really think Tocci, Rua or Robinson are future Stsrting OF for this team. May be backup or even a platoon but likely only a bridge. This is on ownership though. If they develop then good but if only a bridge they could have gotten something on the cheap.
I actually do not have a problem myself with Tocci, Rua or Robinson as now is the time to find out what they have as they have no real solid history. If one of them pans out then we have something for the future. Moore on the other hand ... well, never mind.