• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Hosting Houston Astros AUG. 3-5

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps but the ML level is a whole different animal
I am simply referring to his AAA numbers. We will not know how he adjusts to the big leagues until he is here. That is true whether he comes up this September or next September.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter, you just ignore anything anyone else says and steer it back to what you want to express

For someone that always chimes, "opinions vary" you have a problem with varying opinions

I didn't think you had anything and you know what else I say...
always good to appoint one's own self as the judge of worthy posts comments

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y
I am simply referring to his AAA numbers. We will not know how he adjusts to the big leagues until he is here. That is true whether he comes up this September or next September.
yes sir...I just prefer more seasoning...meaningless September games is fine by me

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think you had anything and you know what else I say...
always good to appoint one's own self as the judge of worthy posts comments

I didn't judge anything as post worthy, there was nothing wrong with your opinion on the matter, but nice try...

I was simply pointing out your resistance to acknowledging contrary opinions or viewpoints, I don't even think you realize it

But I'm done with the matter

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of think we're talking about two very different situations here.

From the Telis' standpoint, I thought his main point was, "we're getting absolutely nothing from Corp, so what do we have to lose with Telis?" Maybe this was/is my interpretation only.

Re: Jackson, I thought he was referring to getting a look with the Sept call-up. Which is really no big deal one way or the other. I personally wouldn't at this point-in-time, b/c Jackson is avg a runner + per inning, and unless the team just wants to expose him to "this is where you want to be isn't it?" look, then I'd let him stay down. He, IMO, he hasn't earned the call-up.
Right, I definitely wasn't suggesting that he would get the call any day or that he should get it any day. Although, with the way this bullpen has been performing overall, I would not be shocked if they went to Jackson out of desperation at some point soon. I wasn't suggesting they should though. I do expect he will get a look in September though.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played 2 games...

as Romeo said, he needed to work on his pitch framing but he was a solid catcher otherwise, especially for a backup

Look throughout the system now, we have next to nothing catching wise, maybe Trevino but he's been catching for less time than Alfaro, and is probably as old if not older

Young, solid catchers are hard to come by, sure everyone wants a Buster Posey, but you should be happy with a Chirinos (11th in catcher OPS, minimum 250 PA's & T-6th in defensive WAR)

So as I said previously, its easy to grow disillusioned with a young catcher b/c his numbers don't look sexy, but fact is you usually aren't going to get sexy numbers from a catcher, and they are pretty hard to come by and usually put it together far later than other position players... b/c they split time a lot more defensively than other players
Got ya point. Mine was just to point out calling up guys just for the sake of it as some do is useless before they are ready. Telis was not although as you said he only played two games. He may great when he is ready.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't judge anything as post worthy, there was nothing wrong with your opinion on the matter, but nice try...

I was simply pointing out your resistance to acknowledging contrary opinions or viewpoints, I don't even think you realize it

But I'm done with the matter
you should because you're in left field on this one but you never really liked a different opinion all that much. Fitting that you point a finger about all that

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he seems to be a little shaky
In two rehab starts, Holland has given up four runs and nine baserunners in 3 2/3 innings. He is expected to make at least four more starts in the minors.
They said he was doing fine until he started throwing a lot of curves. He is probably working on certain pitches and not worrying about the results. Kind of like he would be doing in ST.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got ya point. Mine was just to point out calling up guys just for the sake of it as some do is useless before they are ready. Telis was not although as you said he only played two games. He may great when he is ready.

I don't really think we can make the assertion whether he was ready or not based on 2 games though, I can contend that he's at least a better option than Corporan was

Telis did a lot of things solidly, 2 that definitely needed work... pitch framing and taking a walk, or at the very least pitch recognition

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feliz is pitching the top of the 7th for the Tigers right now, should be interesting

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure none of us are happy about it, but I'm hoping oakland plays well this weekend.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feliz is pitching the top of the 7th for the Tigers right now, should be interesting

Well, he got 2 outs and gave up 1 earned. His ERA now sits at a lovely 7.81

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure none of us are happy about it, but I'm hoping oakland plays well this weekend.

Need some help from the A's, and Baltimore and the Angels to beat up on each other

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just getting his work in. Don't focus too much on results. He says he was throwing a lot of offspeed stuff intentionally.

understand it was more the 4 more rehab starts i was looking at

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll push to come back quicker than that, I bet.

He's posted on social media how much it pisses him off to not be "out there helping his teammates."

personally, I think he rushed to get back at the start of the year and it backfired.