• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host the Astros for Three Games September 4-6

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After tonight, how can anyone see this team in the post season? It's not what is wrong. It's what is right.
The ONLY way I can see it is in what my good friends in Canada tell me about their team. They aren’t complementary at all and are “awaiting the inevitable” as they put it.

But even with that, the Rangers are in serious need of “something” to awaken their collective asses and I’m not sure even Jung coming back will be the answer - at least not with this pitching staff collectively circling the drain.

One final thought… plenty of criticism (properly so) for the skipper. But - I don’t hear much bile being directed toward the current pitching coach. This is on him as much as anyone IMHO.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ONLY way I can see it is in what my good friends in Canada tell me about their team. They aren’t complementary at all and are “awaiting the inevitable” as they put it.

But even with that, the Rangers are in serious need of “something” to awaken their collective asses and I’m not sure even Jung coming back will be the answer - at least not with this pitching staff collectively circling the drain.

One final thought… plenty of criticism (properly so) for the skipper. But - I don’t hear much bile being directed toward the current pitching coach. This is on him as much as anyone IMHO.
All departments are just lacking. Too many major injuries and no BP haven't helped but that is only a small part.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blue Jays need to go on a win streak and put us out of our misery.

I was afraid this would happen if we were buyers at the deadline. The FO had to buy, but I was afraid of the consequences. I had no idea we would be this pathetic though.

Even when you build a team through trades and free agency there is a great risk involved.

What an awful season this is turning out to be.

If we had struggled in the beginning and caught fire in the last 2 months, that would have been so much better. At least we would have had something to look forward to next year.

Like I posted this morning, who knows what the problem is and how to fix it. What a mess this team has become.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Langford goes 2 for 2, including a double, with a walk.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outscored 39-10 in a 3 game series. At home.

Heaney's 13-6 game ended up being the most competitive game of the series.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody Bradford should be in the starting rotation next year. He is very good and very cheap, which saves money for the bullpen.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abimelec Ortiz was 1 for 2 with a double and a walk.

Acker pitched another really good, but short outing tonight for Frisco. He is one of the few pitchers doing well for us at any level.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody Bradford should be in the starting rotation next year. He is very good and very cheap, which saves money for the bullpen.
Can't think about next year. To much to digest.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't think about next year. To much to digest.
Might as well. We are toast this year. Next year is the only thing to look toward.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ortiz is at 99 RBI.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mentioned that the other day in regards to MM. Burke was a much better pitcher last year. What has MM done to right him? Name a pitcher that we had on staff or brought up that pitched better as time went on. Gray pitched lights out with a specific catcher so why get rid of him to eventually pick up another non hitting catcher who made no improvements to the pitching staff. Why not keep what you had? Dunning looked like he was going to rock the world and just fell apart and hasn't been able to right himself. There is more to it than rubbing a guys shoulder out on the mound.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series was a perfect storm and you could see it coming. Eovaldi should not have been starting and Scherzer should have had his start skipped and started Perez. We would have been much better set up down the road.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fix all three outfielders and fix the bullpen and that would be a great start 2024.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I mentioned that the other day in regards to MM. Burke was a much better pitcher last year. What has MM done to right him? Name a pitcher that we had on staff or brought up that pitched better as time went on. Gray pitched lights out with a specific catcher so why get rid of him to eventually pick up another non hitting catcher who made no improvements to the pitching staff. Why not keep what you had? Dunning looked like he was going to rock the world and just fell apart and hasn't been able to right himself. There is more to it than rubbing a guys shoulder out on the mound.
When MM goes to the mound he covers his mouth and says the same thing to every pitcher “Bochy sent me out here to waste some time so the guy in the bullpen can get warmed up. Do your best to get the next guy out and make me look good”.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sheesh and good grief! Worse ass kicking series for the Rangers since maybe ever! These are grown men right? Pride? Anyone? Never seen a supposed "good" baseball team sink to such a catastrophic low. It's actually historic to be honest.

No idea where you go from here. This wasn't gonna be our year but this train wreck of a team is collapsing so spectacularly that future seasons are in doubt.

Fire everybody.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t care what he says, Scherzer is hurt.

Eovaldi is still hurt and should not have pitched the rest of this year.

Dunning hit a wall like he’s hurt or reached his limit this season for innings, like he’s worn completely out. These guys don’t just end up this bad collectively without something being wrong with them individually