• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Angelic visit to La La land 7/18-7/20

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadzeck might be another good option for the pen if they are not going to try him at starter this season. It might be worth seeing what Sadzeck and Faulkner can give them in the pen between now and the deadline.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadzeck might be another good option for the pen if they are not going to try him at starter this season. It might be worth seeing what Sadzeck and Faulkner can give them in the pen between now and the deadline.
I am not sure how I feel about taking starters and putting them in the pen unless you feel that is where they will be most effective. But that may be based on each individual pitcher. Some seem to handle it fine and some don't.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With there being a place to keep his bat in the lineup almost everyday it would be hard to move him without hurting the team.

Texas Rangers trade rumors: Jurickson Profar not likely to be dealt
This highlights the dilemma of this deadline...the Rangers have, in Profar, a good young major league player who they can afford to part with, but there's no one out there who appears to be available who would be worth dealing Profar for. Rosenthal says that the Rangers and Tampa Bay Rays aren't really matching up, making a deal for Matt Moore or Jake Odorizzi unlikely.

good news but they are saying that Gallo will be traded in the right deal

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure how I feel about taking starters and putting them in the pen unless you feel that is where they will be most effective. But that may be based on each individual pitcher. Some seem to handle it fine and some don't.

none of them are ready to step in behind Yu and Cole

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't call Sadz a starter really... he has control issues that more than likely will move him to the bullpen once and for all. But, 100mph heat from the BP....so that'll be nice.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call Sadz a starter really... he has control issues that more than likely will move him to the bullpen once and for all. But, 100mph heat from the BP....so that'll be nice.
I noticed whenever I would look at the box scores after his starts he does have a problem with control. So in that case you may be right.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed whenever I would look at the box scores after his starts he does have a problem with control. So in that case you may be right.
He had improved in that area, but it has been a problem here lately.

I wouldn't necessarily give up on him being a starter eventually, but for the test of this year I might try him in the pen.