• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 24.0

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While wondering what @Orange Crush77 is going to do to top last month's results?

1) One of the benefits of the Sean Payton swing pass - screen pass plays in the offense is the Oline can still block like it's a run play and not worry about being downfield. I'm sure Payton is looking forward to having a QB who can reliable execute that play and not wonder off - run around and then heave it downfield like Russ Wilson sometimes did - leaving the Oline out to dry.

2) In my view - Russell Wilson got a fair opportunity to show he can work Payton's offense and failed. So, all the info leaking out now about Wilson's performance and abilities not measuring up are beside the point - he got a fair shot, and it didn't work out.

3) Sean Payton recently said he was going to use Estime on 1st and 2nd downs. It sounds like Javonte Williams and Estime will get some division of possessions and Perine and McLaughlan getting 3rd down opportunities. Which means to me McLaughlin has to prove himself again this year as he will need to pass protect well. I'd like to see him line up in the slot sometimes.

4) I think the new punter from A&M - has a good chance of beating out Riley Dixon. All he has to do is tie Dixon and Dixon will be gone for salary reasons. In college the Texas A&M kid had the stats that Dixon had in Denver. Now he gets to get at altitude. Dixon, however, is really good at inside the 20 placements.

5) Interesting that the Broncos only drafted the one 7th round center. It appears the organization believes they can get players to perform on the Oline without investing in top talent. I noticed that the kid from Wyo. named Crum - got a $250K guarantee to be an UDFA with the Broncos. What he has not yet shown he can do is move laterally with the defensive effort to rush the passer. Crum ran maybe the fastest 3 cone - for a 300lb coming in at 7.18 - which means he certainly is nimble enough to train in the lateral movement he needs to play tackle in the NFL. One thing that makes it simple for Payton Oline's is they spend less time in pass protection than other teams.

6) How about a nice, pleasant surprise and Dulcich has an injury free season? Wouldn't that be nice?

7) I don't blame the Broncos for wanting to hold onto Courtland Sutton -during his period of unhappiness about his salary. Eventually, he will play for his $12 million and Nix will have a reliable weapon to come down with the 50/50 balls. Vele may become that guy and Patrick could be that guy if he comes all the way back.

8) Riley Moss and Drew Sanders are two guys who could have breakout years. With Jonah Elliss arriving - I'm wondering if Drew Sanders gets moved back to ILB. Bonitto - Elliss - Cooper and Browning would likely be the edge rotation.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious if Thomas Incoom gets any better this year. Seems Payton liked him enough last year to use a 53 on him.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mingo - I really like this is Random Thoughts 24.0. That means there will be future Random Thoughts threads!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I was goin to edit...an mind set that the Memphis QB Got a lot of money to come here so more than likely he will beat out Perine