• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.3

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recall saying that last season was one of the most disappointing in many years, primarily based on the Sox final standings vs preseason expectations. What's strange is even tho my expectations for this year were not high at all, I'm still finding this to again be ranked amongst the most disappointing. I mean, I wasn't counting at all on them making the postseason, but I also wasn't counting on them possibly ending up as one of the worst teams in Baseball. :sigh:
gee ... it's like you've been reading my posts.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. Hell of rant

This sh*t is dead on.

Sad.

We talked about this a few years back after the Sale trade for our "rebuild." It's all good if it works...It didn't though (and the reality is the averages were against us) so Sox management just look like f*cking morons at this point. You f*ck it up and there should be massive changes. They have f*cked it up. The prospects they were depending on aren't good enough. And yet there aren't any changes happening? How can fans NOT be livid?

For roughly a year there was a spark of hope where it looked like we might turn a corner...but we were duped. The reality is Reinsdorf/Hahn/Williams' plan was f*cking retarded. Patchwork bullsh*t and faith in a farm system that has never actually panned out...and now that farm system is depleted AGAIN and we're STILL sh*tty. How the f*ck is that even possible after a "rebuild?"

How the f*ck isn't everybody goddamn fired yet?

Jerry Reinsdorf is a goddamned moron. This is blind loyalty into full blown stupidity.

That our GM had the gall to reverse on the fans and make it out like we were the crybabies is just icing on the cake. I can't think of many sports figures I dislike than Rick Hahn at this point.

But whatever...The NFL draft is tonight so I'll just focus on that. The 2023 White Sox are done in April. White Sox management deserves all the media/fan/public disdain they're about to get destroyed with over the next year or so.

Last edited:

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone always cries about Jerry…rightfully so…but I can tell you with definiteness that there were teams in the 80s, 90s and 2000s during his ownership that I enjoyed and cheered for passionately.

This team has been absolute ass since Hahn took over. I’ve had fans and Hahn himself telling me over and over during his tenure that we’re on the right path. We aren’t and never were. It’s hindsight 20/20 time and all the fears have come to roost about this guy and his rebuild.

His firing will be a great day. And it will be in the next 6 months. Then we start over…again….far too many years later than we should have.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone always cries about Jerry…rightfully so…but I can tell you with definiteness that there were teams in the 80s, 90s and 2000s during his ownership that I enjoyed and cheered for passionately.

This team has been absolute ass since Hahn took over. I’ve had fans and Hahn himself telling me over and over during his tenure that we’re on the right path. We aren’t and never were. It’s hindsight 20/20 time and all the fears have come to roost about this guy and his rebuild.

His firing will be a great day. And it will be in the next 6 months. Then we start over…again….far too many years later than we should have.
i disagree.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think it’s ridiculous to lay all this at hahn’s feet. most people were ecstatic with trading sale and quintana. cease, giolito, jimenez, moncada, and kopech all were guys MOST of us thought were the foundation of a very good team. We all LOVED the addition of robert. if hahn made bad decisions in evaluating talent, then we’re all guilty of the same thing. it was also the judgment of many people not affiliated with the sox. to turn around and lay it on hahn now? ridiculous! even getting benintendi wasn’t a bad move, a veteran who hit .300 the previous year and a gold glover! sox outfield needed that.
my gripe is that hahn’s purse strings were tied and you know it. he was not able to spend the kind of money other teams spend on free agents. he did make a couple poor moves i thought. yasmani was a stupid pickup as was clevenger. but show me a gm that didn’t make an occasional bad deal.
is the shit for minor league system the fault of hahn? you know it isn’t. that belongs to the real enemies of this team, the owner and the guy with his nose up the owner’s ass.

hahn may not be a great gm but i don’t see how he’s worse than average. and he certainly isn’t.
responsible for the crap this team has turned out to be. moncada? … THEE top rated minor leaguer,
robert? … the next andre dawson. eloy? … .307 with power in the minors. cease, gio and kopech all
highly rated pitchers!

the real villains:
#1 reinsdork
#2 williams
#3 the players!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it’s ridiculous to lay all this at hahn’s feet. most people were ecstatic with trading sale and quintana. cease, giolito, jimenez, moncada, and kopech all were guys MOST of us thought were the foundation of a very good team. We all LOVED the addition of robert. if hahn made bad decisions in evaluating talent, then we’re all guilty of the same thing. it was also the judgment of many people not affiliated with the sox. to turn around and lay it on hahn now? ridiculous! even getting benintendi wasn’t a bad move, a veteran who hit .300 the previous year and a gold glover! sox outfield needed that.
my gripe is that hahn’s purse strings were tied and you know it. he was not able to spend the kind of money other teams spend on free agents. he did make a couple poor moves i thought. yasmani was a stupid pickup as was clevenger. but show me a gm that didn’t make an occasional bad deal.
is the shit for minor league system the fault of hahn? you know it isn’t. that belongs to the real enemies of this team, the owner and the guy with his nose up the owner’s ass.

hahn may not be a great gm but i don’t see how he’s worse than average. and he certainly isn’t.
responsible for the crap this team has turned out to be. moncada? … THEE top rated minor leaguer,
robert? … the next andre dawson. eloy? … .307 with power in the minors. cease, gio and kopech all
highly rated pitchers!

the real villains:
#1 reinsdork
#2 williams
#3 the players!

I ain't guilty of sh*t. I've said from day one that trading good players for unproven ones (much less paying them before they prove sh*t on the actual MLB field) was risky as all hell and could lead us straight to the dumpster so they better know what they're doing...sadly it has led us to said dumpster.

The only player I was truly duped by was Robert. I honestly thought he was the goods from the first couple weeks I watched him and thought he'd be our cornerstone kind of like a Frank Thomas. Ouch...

I did think Giolito was on the path...but as we see that hasn't panned out.

Moncada/Eloy/Kopech? Meh. I like Eloy but not the other two...It's always some bullsh*t with those guys.

Cease will be gone by the time it matters again...but he appears to be on the path. Sadly, we're not going to get a "super haul" like Moncada and Kopech and the baseball equivalent of some pocket lint for him like Sale.

This team's heart was Abreu and Anderson. Without them, it's a pile of sh*t.

We were supposed to be "doing it right." How the f*ck could that possibly be when our farm system is currently in shambles? Arguably the worst in the majors. Most of the "good" assets we have are currently on the MLB field and, well, we see how that's working out.

I mean, the general f*cking manager isn't a problem when sh*t like this has happened? In what universe?

Kenny Williams and Jerry can eat a fat dick...but Hahn needs to go, like, yesterday.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Whether it's next year, the year after, or whenever this run begins...All that will be forgotten"

Rick Hahn on fan criticism, 2019

Ain't forgot yet Rick. Ya dun gonna get fired ya sumb*tch and Papa Jiddy has the popcorn ready.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't guilty of sh*t. I've said from day one that trading good players for unproven ones (much less paying them before they prove sh*t on the actual MLB field) was risky as all hell and could lead us straight to the dumpster so they better know what they're doing...sadly it has led us to said dumpster.

The only player I was truly duped by was Robert. I honestly thought he was the goods from the first couple weeks I watched him and thought he'd be our cornerstone kind of like a Frank Thomas. Ouch...

I did think Giolito was on the path...but as we see that hasn't panned out.

Moncada/Eloy/Kopech? Meh. I like Eloy but not the other two...It's always some bullsh*t with those guys.

Cease will be gone by the time it matters again...but he appears to be on the path. Sadly, we're not going to get a "super haul" like Moncada and Kopech and the baseball equivalent of some pocket lint for him like Sale.

This team's heart was Abreu and Anderson. Without them, it's a pile of sh*t.

We were supposed to be "doing it right." How the f*ck could that possibly be when our farm system is currently in shambles? Arguably the worst in the majors. Most of the "good" assets we have are currently on the MLB field and, well, we see how that's working out.

I mean, the general f*cking manager isn't a problem when sh*t like this has happened? In what universe?

Kenny Williams and Jerry can eat a fat dick...but Hahn needs to go, like, yesterday.
i know sale has always been close to your heart but we don't win shit if we keep him either. plus he's injured all the time as well. i think it's something they all pick up in the sox organization. the move didn't work simply because these others turned to shit AFTER all the high expectations. as for signing them to big contracts ... 90% of us thought it was a great plan. jumping on hahn for that is pretty hypocritical (perhaps not for you. i don't remember how good an idea you thought it was AT THE TIME).
but hey, anderson is a guy you've loved ... and he's no better than the rest of that crowd! since '20 he's played ONE full season. have you figured a way to blame hahn for him as well? :)

if/when williams goes (or if the team is sold ... which i don't expect) i'm sure hahn will be expelled as well but only because the whole system will likely be overhauled. still, hahn is not the bad guy you color him to be.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know sale has always been close to your heart but we don't win shit if we keep him either. plus he's injured all the time as well. i think it's something they all pick up in the sox organization. the move didn't work simply because these others turned to shit AFTER all the high expectations. as for signing them to big contracts ... 90% of us thought it was a great plan. jumping on hahn for that is pretty hypocritical (perhaps not for you. i don't remember how good an idea you thought it was AT THE TIME).
but hey, anderson is a guy you've loved ... and he's no better than the rest of that crowd! since '20 he's played ONE full season. have you figured a way to blame hahn for him as well? :)

if/when williams goes (or if the team is sold ... which i don't expect) i'm sure hahn will be expelled as well but only because the whole system will likely be overhauled. still, hahn is not the bad guy you color him to be.

The Sale trade ship has long sailed. I'm not even diving into that. We have no pieces that we could trade to get us that kind of haul at this point. That was the point of my comment. Our best pieces are Anderson and Cease and neither would command those kind of prospects...and our farms are barren compared to the other MLB Teams. So we're just f*cked basically outside of "This current group just figures it out."

We need to break down and dump some of these losers and rebuild AGAIN. But there's no lemonade to be drawn from the lemons we have in the farm, in trade assets or in free agency (because it's laughable to think we'd make big signings when we have no shot-when we wouldn't even do so when we thought we did have a shot).

So...It's just bad. We are a poor man's Marlins at this point...just hoping a group of prospects hit at the same time. Odds are not with us so we're going to continue to fall short of any reasonably competitive level from the looks of it. We'll be a farm for other teams for a while...which is what it felt like in 2019...and well, how it is now. Gonna be more years of pain ahead so the least these sh*tbags could do is fire SOMEBODY...ANYBODY to make it look like we give a sh*t.

I mean, what I, as a meatball fan, remember most about Hahn's tenure so far is him basically belittling fans for being pessimistic while we were sh*tty...and years later the f*cking team STILL has never won a goddamn playoff series. Not one f*cking playoff series in a decade with him. How f*cking bad do you have to be to get canned?!?

Kenny Williams needs to go too, but he has the silver bullet of being the guy in charge when we won a World Series. Jerry will probably die first...but trust me, if HE got canned I would run a f*cking lap in my neighborhood naked out of pure exuberance. So don't let my Hahn hate overplay how I feel about him.

Jerry isn't going anywhere regarding the Sox until he is six feet under. So what is there to say there? He's a sh*tty owner? Well there it is. He's a sh*tty owner. Now what? Can we now fire Rick Hahn with idseer's blessing?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sale trade ship has long sailed. I'm not even diving into that. We have no pieces that we could trade to get us that kind of haul at this point. That was the point of my comment. Our best pieces are Anderson and Cease and neither would command those kind of prospects...and our farms are barren compared to the other MLB Teams. So we're just f*cked basically outside of "This current group just figures it out."

We need to break down and dump some of these losers and rebuild AGAIN. But there's no lemonade to be drawn from the lemons we have in the farm, in trade assets or in free agency (because it's laughable to think we'd make big signings when we have no shot-when we wouldn't even do so when we thought we did have a shot).

So...It's just bad. We are a poor man's Marlins at this point...just hoping a group of prospects hit at the same time. Odds are not with us so we're going to continue to fall short of any reasonably competitive level from the looks of it. We'll be a farm for other teams for a while...which is what it felt like in 2019...and well, how it is now. Gonna be more years of pain ahead so the least these sh*tbags could do is fire SOMEBODY...ANYBODY to make it look like we give a sh*t.

I mean, what I, as a meatball fan, remember most about Hahn's tenure so far is him basically belittling fans for being pessimistic while we were sh*tty...and years later the f*cking team STILL has never won a goddamn playoff series. Not one f*cking playoff series in a decade with him. How f*cking bad do you have to be to get canned?!?

Kenny Williams needs to go too, but he has the silver bullet of being the guy in charge when we won a World Series. Jerry will probably die first...but trust me, if HE got canned I would run a f*cking lap in my neighborhood naked out of pure exuberance. So don't let my Hahn hate overplay how I feel about him.

Jerry isn't going anywhere regarding the Sox until he is six feet under. So what is there to say there? He's a sh*tty owner? Well there it is. He's a sh*tty owner. Now what? Can we now fire Rick Hahn with idseer's blessing?
i don't disagree with much of anything you said here. i guess my point is .... if firing hahn is all you do, then nothing changes. he is not and never was the issue ... imo.

ps, i don't give out silver bullets. williams didn't do anything to deserve 2005. in fact he screwed up the team the very next year. to me, it was the blind squirrel thing.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't disagree with much of anything you said here. i guess my point is .... if firing hahn is all you do, then nothing changes. he is not and never was the issue ... imo.

ps, i don't give out silver bullets. williams didn't do anything to deserve 2005. in fact he screwed up the team the very next year. to me, it was the blind squirrel thing.
How isn’t he an issue? Look at the farm system, scouting , draft picks since he’s been the GM? He’s absolutely terrible at his job. It’s a 3 headed monster of ineptitude

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How isn’t he an issue? Look at the farm system, scouting , draft picks since he’s been the GM? He’s absolutely terrible at his job. It’s a 3 headed monster of ineptitude
how long has the sox system been bad? the gm has little to do with the minor league system. basically they hire and fire players and field management. i think you're confusing the gm with the director of operations. and i guarantee hahn has little say in draft picks or trades, and no say in minor league operations.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how long has the sox system been bad? the gm has little to do with the minor league system. basically they hire and fire players and field management. i think you're confusing the gm with the director of operations. and i guarantee hahn has little say in draft picks or trades, and no say in minor league operations.
That would mean every mlb reporter has been lied to for the last decade. It would also mean hahn deserves criticism for taking a job where he has no power when he was supposedly offered both the blue jays and Mets gm jobs early in his run.