• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.2

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's something fundamentally wrong with the Strength and Conditioning approach by the White Sox and the hitting approach. It's bad enough they can't run the bases or know which base to throw the ball to.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grandal leading off and going 0-5 with 3 k’s is truly my nightmares becoming reality…

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon Beckham showing up to provide color on the broadcasts is a perfect disappointing metaphor for the Sox season so far.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice to see Engel - stay healthy and play regularly. If everyone on the team played to his standard - the Sox would be in 1st place.

Others getting regular ABs - Vaughn - Burger - and Sheets. Vaughn has certainly proven himself - at the plate - and at various positions. Burger - shows promise at the plate and on the 3rd base bag. He needs consistency, but his mind is in the game and he has a desire to succeed. Sheets - he's a fun ballplayer - has had some success, but hasn't really showed much at the plate this season. I hope he proves me wrong - and certainly can do that - but I see Adam Dunn type ceiling for him.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our current 3 game winning streak presently stands as the 3rd longest this season...I know pretty sad. We've had one 6 game and one 4 game. We need a big one to get us back on track. Not expecting this to happen right now, but hopefully at some point we can put together a little streak.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich Hahn has been to Birmingham to watch Lenyn Sosa play 2nd base - and was quoted as saying Sosa can be a help to the Sox this season.

Sosa played SS until this year - has hit well at every level (after slow starts) and this year is popping .350 with 8 hrs. He's a long shot answer for 2nd base this year, but will likely get a chance to start a year from now.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sending Sheets to AAA to get his power stroke back - sounds like a good idea to me. Once again, the Sox are short of Left-Handed power. Something to trade for I suspect.

I noticed Nick Madrigal is batting .220 and striking out at twice the rate with the Cubs as he did with the Sox. He also missed a large chunk of games with back injury. Endurance is going to be the problem with his career.

Marcus Siemian of the Rangers - is a guy I really hoped the Sox would sign, but here he is also batting .220. So far not signing him was a big savings.

Speaking of endurance - Eloy Jimenez really needs to stick for a large string of games after he gets off his rehab assignment, or he will be trade bait. I hope he finds his power stroke.

Adam Halsey will be up as a lefthanded bat soon, but he is not a power stroke kind of guy.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sending Sheets to AAA to get his power stroke back - sounds like a good idea to me. Once again, the Sox are short of Left-Handed power. Something to trade for I suspect.

I noticed Nick Madrigal is batting .220 and striking out at twice the rate with the Cubs as he did with the Sox. He also missed a large chunk of games with back injury. Endurance is going to be the problem with his career.

Marcus Siemian of the Rangers - is a guy I really hoped the Sox would sign, but here he is also batting .220. So far not signing him was a big savings.

Speaking of endurance - Eloy Jimenez really needs to stick for a large string of games after he gets off his rehab assignment, or he will be trade bait. I hope he finds his power stroke.

Adam Halsey will be up as a lefthanded bat soon, but he is not a power stroke kind of guy.
The one X factor I never anticipated back in the day when I was all gung ho on the Sox drafting Nick was his seeming fragility. And the heavier SO rate is also a bit of a shocker, altho this could be in part due to his ongoing injury sitch.

And did you guys know that at one time Adam Halsey notified me that he had to have a berth or he couldn't get to sea?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one X factor I never anticipated back in the day when I was all gung ho on the Sox drafting Nick was his seeming fragility. And the heavier SO rate is also a bit of a shocker, altho this could be in part due to his ongoing injury sitch.

And did you guys know that at one time Adam Halsey notified me that he had to have a berth or he couldn't get to sea?
Because Bull Halsey wouldn't have bothered for your permission?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all but ready to sign off for this season. Not this board of course, you guys are great and it helps to commiserate with fellow diehards. But I am about ready to call this a campaign. And it's not even July yet. WTF.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all but ready to sign off for this season. Not this board of course, you guys are great and it helps to commiserate with fellow diehards. But I am about ready to call this a campaign. And it's not even July yet. WTF.
Did we give up when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor? Hang in there LSD, but taking a break from intense fan ship is understandable until things show a turn around.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we give up when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor? Hang in there LSD, but taking a break from intense fan ship is understandable until things show a turn around.
I'm playing the Rocky theme in my head Mingo to try and get me psyched up. Not sure it's working but I'm giving it a shot!!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Sox players hug TLR after the win last night tells me his players care about him.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Lance Lynn and Joe McEwing were arguing about women or money - it would likely be the positioning of the infield during Lynn's pitching McEwing is the bench coach who positions the infield.

Kudos to Lance Lynn with the explanation that they were arguing about Fillets Vs. Rib Eyes.

It's hard to say if arguments like that one are because of player frustration or if they are only the visible part of player grievances.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Kimbrel pitching for the Dodgers last night sporting a 4.05 era and losing to the Clevelanders. I'd say the Kimbrel for Pollock trade looks pretty good at the moment.

So too, the Reese McGuire for Zach Collins straight up deal also looks good.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few years back I was among a group that was dedicated to traveling to all the MLB ballparks - we did 24, but this park in San Franciso I'd still like to see a ballgame in.

I'm thinking we are seeing Seby Zavala become a major leaguer he has improved at the plate and as a catcher. Good sign for the future.

Moncada and Sheets also appear to be coming out of their slumps.