• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Sportshoopla NFL 2013 Game

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rambunctious

Where do you live in central cal?

I used to live in Atwater/Merced. Graduated from Atwater High.

Then lived in Concord/Oakland/SF while serving in the Navy.
I have many ties to the Central Coast myself, Santa Maria to be specific.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rambunctious

Where do you live in central cal?

I used to live in Atwater/Merced. Graduated from Atwater High.

Then lived in Concord/Oakland/SF while serving in the Navy.

I'm on the coast just south of Big Sur...I know Concord. I spent a weekend there with some friends. Go Navy...I'm a leatherneck that owes my but to the Navy...

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing beats a Santa Maria Tri Tip and Rib BBQ with red beans......

Man, I miss a good Tri-Tip.

All they sell up here is small ones. They don't even compare.

Btw, nothing goes better on Tri-Tip than Pappy's.

Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing beats a Santa Maria Tri Tip and Rib BBQ with red beans......
Both the Tri Tip and Santa Maria beans aka pinquito beans are both specific to the Santa Maria area as the Tri Tip cut was discovered there in the 50's and the Santa Maria beans only grow in the Santa Maria valley. Many people around the world are unaware of either and oh what they are missing.

I grew up in Santa Maria and those corner BBQ were at every corner all summer. Those were the days. The area is also known for it's many premier steak houses and my favorite is Jocko's in Nipomo but there are others like the Hitching Post & Hitching Post II and the Far Western Tavern. If you find yourself in the area, hungry and the BBQ's are not out, make your way just north of Santa Maria (Just a few miles north) to Nipomo and stop in at Jocko's you wont be disappointed!
10.gif

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like fun! I'm in.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita, sounds good to me about the Thursday game if someone want to use that game as one of their 5 for the week. Don't have to but can. As long as it gets on the (this weeks game thread 15 min prior to the Thursday game, it is fine with me. Same goes for the Thanksgiving games, 15 min prior to the FIRST GAME, not in between games. It is too hard to do the early-late gig on games on Sundays or Thanksgiving. Rambunctious glad you want in, it is simple, you figure the 5 best games you want to pick a winner. Each guy picks his own games. You may think the Patriots will beat the Ravens so you take Patriots, someone else might not want that game so they pick just use another game as one of their 5. Vita, it is open to anyone who wants to play, it is just called the Rams Sportshoopla NFL 2013 Game. We get into a lot I might need help but with only 5 picks each, it should be OK.

We now have:

bluepigpen
ANGELAKERAMS
Vitamike
mutigers1fan
Red Choas
PhilliesRamsSuns
ksu
Clayton
Sam Sportboy
RamCub
Rambunctious
Silas

12 down need more.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue, I'll send out invites to the other NFC West boards and we can go from there if need be..

How many are you looking for? I understand you want more, it will make the game more exciting and fun however you may want to set a limit so you don't have too much work as commissioner.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to stay out of this thread but I saw you opened it up to at least the Niners board, so I'd be interested in playing along if I'm allowed.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:You can JDM welcome to the game. We are Rams fans here but I am a NFC West fan also. Yes I want to beat the 9ers, Seahawks and Cardinals but if the Rams don't win, just as soon see the Best Division in the NFL win it.:nod:

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita, we'll look to stop it at 30 if we get that. I might just look at a division type thing if we get that many with the winners and runner ups doing a playoffs challenge. We will see.:nod:

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now in:

bluepigpen
ANGELAKERAMS
Vitamike
mutigers1fan
Red Choas
PhilliesRamsSuns
ksu
Clayton
Sam Sportboy
RamCub
Rambunctious
Silas
JDM

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to thank you Vita for extending this invite to us Niner fans. Because I am constantly in and out of town for business and cannot be consistent enough in my participation to feeling good about saying YES to this offer, I just wanted to commend you on your willingness to reach across the aisle to the original NFC West rivalry and offer what seems like a blast.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the Tri Tip and Santa Maria beans aka pinquito beans are both specific to the Santa Maria area as the Tri Tip cut was discovered there in the 50's and the Santa Maria beans only grow in the Santa Maria valley. Many people around the world are unaware of either and oh what they are missing.

I grew up in Santa Maria and those corner BBQ were at every corner all summer. Those were the days. The area is also known for it's many premier steak houses and my favorite is Jocko's in Nipomo but there are others like the Hitching Post & Hitching Post II and the Far Western Tavern. If you find yourself in the area, hungry and the BBQ's are not out, make your way just north of Santa Maria (Just a few miles north) to Nipomo and stop in at Jocko's you wont be disappointed!
10.gif

Bigger than shit my grandmother used to take my brother and I there every year until we were like 12-13. It's in Guadalupe right? I'm hoping I can take my wife and kids there at least once before I croak...........not sure if it's the same or not but when we used to go they grew their own veggies and raised their own beef.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bigger than shit my grandmother used to take my brother and I there every year until we were like 12-13. It's in Guadalupe right? I'm hoping I can take my wife and kids there at least once before I croak...........not sure if it's the same or not but when we used to go they grew their own veggies and raised their own beef.
You are right, it is in Guadalube and I remember going to the Far Western Tavern with my grandparents too! :lol:

We went on Sunday's after church...

It was always a great time and always great steak!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like fun. Count me in. Nice of you to invite fans from Cards, 49ers, and Seahawks board.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to thank you Vita for extending this invite to us Niner fans. Because I am constantly in and out of town for business and cannot be consistent enough in my participation to feeling good about saying YES to this offer, I just wanted to commend you on your willingness to reach across the aisle to the original NFC West rivalry and offer what seems like a blast.
Yes it is truly the original rivalry and as a lifelong Californian, I have many 49er fan friends all up and down the coast. Pops was a long time 9ers fan but has since yielded to his wisdom in his older age and now is a big time Rams fan. (Actually it has everything to do with this Tulsa boy's connection with OU's Sam Bradford.:lol: now a Ram but who needs to account for such details?)

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like fun. Count me in. Nice of you to invite fans from Cards, 49ers, and Seahawks board.
We're all grown and I'm sure we can all be civil.....most of the time...:lol:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Sting, y'all get your banner up yet? I really like Kurt being a part of it!!