• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams sign veteran OL Max Starks

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad pick up. He started all 16 games at LT for Pittsburgh last season. He provides much needed depth at the position, especially with Roger "I Am So Fragile" Saffold hurt once again. :clap:

demiurge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad pick up. He started all 16 games at LT for Pittsburgh last season. He provides much needed depth at the position, especially with Roger "I Am So Fragile" Saffold hurt once again. :clap:

Saffold needs to go. He's the most brittle player I've ever seen. All the talent in the world means nothing, etc etc.

So looks like one of those high draft picks is going to a tackle.

AGAIN.

Starks isn't a quality starter any more but he's OK and we'll at least have some veteran depth.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Baksdale is going to emerge as the RT and Starks will be veteran back-up. BArksdale is as big as Saffold and much more durable. He has some tentativeness but that will disappear as his confidence grows with playing time. He starts this week against Dallas and I am going to keep an eye on him.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe trade Saffold for a FS or a RB? lol, wishful thinking I know.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro, I agree with you. We were concerned about Barry Richardson last season, but as his confidence grew, he was fine. I am still puzzled as to why we didn't give another shot as precaution. If you knew and I knew that Roger Saffold would go down at some point in the season, why didn't Stan, Les and Jeff prepare for it. Oh well, can't make all the right decisions, eh?

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care for this signing. We had a chance to take Winston (which I might add played really well against long and detroit) for next to nothing. I don't like the fact that we went into the season knowing both of our tackles had some health issues and we only have Barksdale to back them up. I like barksdale @ RT not LT, God forbid Long gets hurt.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro, I agree with you. We were concerned about Barry Richardson last season, but as his confidence grew, he was fine. I am still puzzled as to why we didn't give another shot as precaution. If you knew and I knew that Roger Saffold would go down at some point in the season, why didn't Stan, Les and Jeff prepare for it. Oh well, can't make all the right decisions, eh?
Sure they did TEB they made precautions and his name is Barrett Jones, I just think all of this came about much earlier than expect and Jones isn't quite ready to perform at the RT position just yet, so this move is just another precaution.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does Starks add that our other 11 OL don't already have? I guess we don't need CB Pointer for depth and special teams.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys Max Starks can play. I watched him play his entire career in Pittsburgh(they are the 1 team I follow closer than the Rams) and Starks play is not the reason he's no longer a Steeler. He would be the best O-Lineman in PGH right now but was a cap casualty. This is a good really signing.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then if Barksdale falters, he'll become the back-up and Starks will be the starter because Saffold with all of his fragility is going to go the way of Amendola-out the door. The Rams will not pony up for another run with Saffold especially with his injury history and his demands for bigger bucks. Out the door dude at the end of the season!!

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starks will start no later than week 5. I hesitate to say week 4 since it will be a short week. Guys, Starks is MILES ahead of Barksdale talent wise. Barksdale is a perfect bench guy because he can play on either side. Starks has ALWAYS been a RT. Starks has been an ALL PRO RT. This is a low risk pickup. And yes, Safooold (not typed incorrectly) will get dealt for a young RB.. Hell send Brittle Bones and 3rd to Detroit for Mikel LeShore. LeShore and D Rich would be a nice combo

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea KSuDodgers either Detroit or Cleveland for another starter either at O-Line or RB!

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starks will start no later than week 5. I hesitate to say week 4 since it will be a short week. Guys, Starks is MILES ahead of Barksdale talent wise. Barksdale is a perfect bench guy because he can play on either side. Starks has ALWAYS been a RT. Starks has been an ALL PRO RT. This is a low risk pickup. And yes, Safooold (not typed incorrectly) will get dealt for a young RB.. Hell send Brittle Bones and 3rd to Detroit for Mikel LeShore. LeShore and D Rich would be a nice combo

I gotta disagree, Barksdale has looked pretty darn good when he's been put in. He played well against Denvers pass rush in preseason. If he has a good game against Dallas look for him to continue to start.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Barksdale has looked good, but if you put Joe Barksdale's good and Max Starks good side by side, I would want Starks in there 99.5 times out of 100. In addition, WHEN we make the playoffs (see what I did there?) having an offensive lineman who was a main cog in TWO Super Bowl winners will be a huge advantage.

demiurge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starks is 31 so might have a few good years in him.

Yes, he was a cap casualty coming off of the Steelers - but he also had a knee injury in 2011, and he was part of a pretty bad Steelers line in 2012.

And we aren't his first team in 2013. The Chargers had him - and cut him. His last preseason game he was running 3rd string.

I don't expect him to be playing at a high level coming in - my understanding is that his lateral mobility isn't good and that's what led him to be cut outright by the Chargers.

Oh, and he's never been an All-pro, or made the pro bowl. You must be thinking of someone else.

One funny thing - he's the son of former Bengal DE Ross Browner. Which he didn't know until he was in High School. He was named after the husband of his mom. But that's not his father. Awkward.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YEa alot of that kind of krap is going on in this culture. People having children because of night -bangs and then off they go not taking repsonsibility for dippin their lillies. Disgusting beyond belief.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn irresponsible lilly dippers! :laugh3:

Now I know it's no laughing matter, it's just the way you put it.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and he's never been an All-pro, or made the pro bowl. You must be thinking of someone else.

My bad homie... you are correct. Not sure who I was thinking of