• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Free Agent frenzy

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how much we're really talking about here. I don't see any way in hell they offer him Bradford kind of money, right? I'm guessing 7-8mil a year. Better to wrap it up now because if he has a great year, which they're obviously expecting, he could be asking for twice that.

Of course, what if he has a bad year or gets hurt again? There's no way Foles agent is going to be stupid and accept a sub-par deal right now because of this possibility. This is the danger. I'm sure we'd want an out clause, but not sure he'd agree to it, why would he? Yet another situation where we're damned if we do and damned if we don't...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see him being 2013 superman Foles because look at our schedule. It's pretty tough. He's not going to light up the NFC west either.

Hell just run the ball all game so he can't tear it up. :yes:

Seriously, like Vita - I can see a short-term deal for 3-4 years maybe @ $16-22 million? I'd be ok with that.

But i'd rather see a QB competition and see the bar raised. Make them all earn it!!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the gamble works, they look like geniuses.

If it doesn't, it looks like they panicked.

Btw, wasn't Bradford always a "franchise QB" in OTA's? Can't read into anything any player does in OTA's.

After all, how many times do we read about some player looking fantastic in OTA's and then the season starts and they are duds?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one reason why the Rams want to sign Foles to an extension soon because if he does become that guy we have been looking for, the Rams will have him under contract and his price controlled. They did this with Chris Long and then when their prognostication paid off in the case of Long, his price was somewhat controlled even though the market really determines value based on several factors.

FYI Vita, don't count Davis out of this. There are articles on the Rams homepage about Davis throwing deep, crisp, spiral strikes to the WRs for TDs for a general wow-factor that has some heads turning. Could it be...

Retro

I think you and I may be the only ones that feel Davis didn't get a fair shake last season. When they finally benched him, he had just finished playing the toughest defenses in the league to that point in a 5 game span. I think he could've done more as he progressed through the season. Just my :2cents:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm not saying he's going to be a pro bowler or even a starter, cause we just don't know at this point.
Thats why I wanted to see him play out the season to see if he progressed and figured things out or not.

I mean, they wouldn't have benched Bradford if he struggled in that same 5 game stretch, so why bench Davis just to start Shaun Hill when Hill has no upside?

It just made no sense to me then or now.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro

I think you and I may be the only ones that feel Davis didn't get a fair shake last season. When they finally benched him, he had just finished playing the toughest defenses in the league to that point in a 5 game span. I think he could've done more as he progressed through the season. Just my :2cents:

What chu talkin bout Willis?

images

Austin Davis > Shaun Hill all day

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry SJ

I thought you were in favor of starting Hil at that point.

My bad

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where the hell is Shaun Hill at these days? .....not that I really care! Our brass knew that Davis has value, that is why we re-signed him. Whatever you do don't tell Cougie this!!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a clip of an interview with Nick Foles recently and they asked him if he has purchased a home in St Louis yet and his answer was no, he said he didn't plan to, he said he always rents. I guess you can look at this however you want to. I personally hope he signs a long term deal here at a reasonable deal.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read, the Rams will need to "bowl over" Foles' agent to get a deal done before the season.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is amazing to me that, now almost suddenly, the Rams are a hot topic on a number of media outlets across the sports media landscape all discussing this story of Foles signing an extension. When we had Bradford and Davis/Hill, we were dogshit. Now, somehow we are golden. Perhaps Foles is the real deal, of which I believe he is, and the Rams are making an effort to keep a damn good player for this system and this coach. Only time will tell on a number of fronts. Stay tuned for this one!

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he wants 100M+

I hope its a deal with low guaranteed

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry SJ

I thought you were in favor of starting Hil at that point.

My bad
Your real transgressions ALR is to @Smed55 !

There was no greater advocate for Davis than he, make no mistake.

Retro is right however, if we are to keep 3 QB's on the roster, I do believe Davis is the odd man out based on last season alone.

And I don't believe it's not due to being able to throw the strikes down field like retro is reporting rather his inability to stick to the game plan by not taking unnecessary chances resulting in turnovers, defensive scores by the opponents or neg yards in field position by taking unnecessary and untimely sacks.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Vita. Those factors are certainly in play when it involves Austin "gunslinger" Davis.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your real transgressions ALR is to @Smed55 !

There was no greater advocate for Davis than he, make no mistake.

Retro is right however, if we are to keep 3 QB's on the roster, I do believe Davis is the odd man out based on last season alone.

And I don't believe it's not due to being able to throw the strikes down field like retro is reporting rather his inability to stick to the game plan by not taking unnecessary chances resulting in turnovers, defensive scores by the opponents or neg yards in field position by taking unnecessary and untimely sacks.

man, how could I have forgotten Smed? where has he been lately anyways?

as for Davis, I like him more than Keenum who has worse numbers than Davis ( which I chronicled months ago in another post )- and Keenum's numbers didn't come against some of the toughest defenses in the league.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, how could I have forgotten Smed? where has he been lately anyways?

as for Davis, I like him more than Keenum who has worse numbers than Davis ( which I chronicled months ago in another post )- and Keenum's numbers didn't come against some of the toughest defenses in the league.

That's ok LAR, you can call me Casper! And thanks Vita, for thinking of me:) lol ya, I think Davis got a raw deal. We weren't going to the playoffs anyway, Davis should have played out the season to see what he could have done! He easily would have won the same games that Hill started, after all our defense shut those teams down, on top of that Davis may or may not have helped us in the SD game. People just want to ream Davis for his turnovers, well The vet Hill threw a pick a pick 6 against Minn,and also a horrible int in the end zone against SD.I still say our defense lost a couple of the games Davis started, the defense gave up the leads and it put Davis in a position where he couldn't succeed! He tried to make something happen! Actually the D let us down in the SF, Dallas, and Philly game, we could have easily been 6-2 in Davis's starts, maybe 5-3 at worst! Young QB's need time to grow, sorry but I don't feel he was given that time!

And as you also mentioned he put up pretty good results against some of the better defenses in the league!
Don't get me going again Vita!:)

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I smell Coug lurking

:behindsofa: