• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's clear McVay needs a burner for this offense to take up space and get doubled most of the time. Typical #1 WR

Not sure another 1 year rental is worth a 1st rounder tho. Especially if Cooks and Goff don't gel and Cooks puts up Watkins type stats. 1st rounder for a decoy?
Actually Watkins led the Rams in TD catches so he will be missed and if Cooks experience and speed can copy that performance the Rams will be in good shape. But I agree I hate to see a 1st rounder tossed away on a hunch.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really wish we would've kept the 1st round pick. We need some serious help with the linebacker position.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI guys, word is that we are already working on a contract extension with Cooks

Even if they get one done, It's probably going to cost them about the same,as it would've to keep Watkins.

So, why waste a 2nd rounder to let Watkins,walk only to give up a 1st rounder and sign a guy to similar money who hasn't even played a down with the team?

If they get it done, they would've wasted a 1st and 2nd to sign 1 WR to a similar contract to the one you let walk.

And, Watkins is a more complete WR than Cooks. He blocks better and runs better routes.

I didn't like Watkins at 15M per, but if they sign Cooks to a similar contract, it is an idiotic move all around

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuesday, April 3
i
i

Trade: Patriots deal WR Brandin Cooks to Rams
Patriots: B+
Rams: C+

When the Patriots traded for Brandin Cooks last offseason, the one confusing thing about the deal was how they would handle Cooks' impending free agency after the 2018 season. New England was getting the star receiver at the bargain price of about $9.2 million over two seasons, but it remained to be seen whether the same Patriots who didn't appear to have the cap room to re-sign Malcolm Butler or Jimmy Garoppolo were going to come up with the space to lock in Cooks to a multi-year contract.

As it turns out, they're not planning on doing so. After less than 13 months with the team, Cooks has been moved out West to the Rams, who sent the 23rd overall pick and one of their five sixth-round selections in exchange for the 24-year-old Cooks and a fourth-rounder. I don't think Bill Belichick necessarily acquired Cooks with the idea that he would trade the receiver a year later, but in a market where players like Allen Robinson and Sammy Watkins are making $16 million per season, the Patriots might have blanched at the idea of paying Cooks an even larger annual salary.

It sure did turn out to be a nifty piece of business, though. If we assume that the sixth-rounder is L.A.'s initial pick (No. 198), the Patriots picked up what amounts to the 33rd pick of the draft according to the Chase Stuart chart as part of this deal. The trade they made with the Saints last year sent the equivalent of the 29th pick in draft capital to New Orleans for Cooks. The difference between those two picks is somewhere around the 199th selection, a fateful number for Patriots fans. Belichick basically rented Cooks for a year, paid him less than $1.6 million during a season when his top two wideouts -- Julian Edelman and Chris Hogan -- were healthy for a combined total of eight games, and spent a late sixth-round pick in the process. He's good at this.

For the Rams, Cooks is their Watkins replacement. Cooks won't be the same sort of red-zone threat the 6-foot-1 Watkins was in Los Angeles, but Cooks is a similarly imposing downfield threat and offers a far higher floor by virtue of his health. While the 24-year-old did leave the Super Bowl after suffering a concussion, Cooks hasn't missed a game since his rookie year. Watkins hasn't played a full 16-game slate since his own rookie season and has multiple foot surgeries in his past. Committing to Cooks on a long-term deal is far more comforting than locking Watkins down for multiple seasons.

Aaron Donald, increasing Donald's leverage.) Nobody can question the star power the Rams currently possess, but this is a team with little depth at a number of key positions and major question marks at positions like tight end and edge rusher. Those draft picks could have helped.

For all the arguments about building a team around Jared Goff while their star quarterback is still cheap, the Rams are built around players who are about to get massive contracts instead of veterans on relatively reasonable deals, which is the case in Philadelphia. Cooks can realistically look for $17 million per year. Donald is about to own Arsenal. Todd Gurley and Marcus Peters are next. Teams who operate this way, even with a potentially dominant core, seem to come up short more often than not. The Tony Romo-era Cowboys are an example of how difficult it is to get a team built around seven to eight superstars and have them be healthy and productive at the same time

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're forgetting about the 4th and 3rd round picks we will get this year and next respectively.

Not forgetting Vita, just that those are way less significant than what they've given up.

And, how will they ever know what they have in Reynolds or Thomas is they never get to see the field?

They are going to end up paying Cooks at least as much as Watkins got because they now have more invested in him than they did Watkins and don't want to end up with the same scenario next off-season, and Cooks hasn't even played a down to see how he meshes with the offense.

I loved the other trades. This one I hate. They could've just signed Watkins and kept their 1st if they were going to hand out all that jack anyways.

Cooks and his agent have the Rams over a barrel in this situation and they know it and will use it to their advantage.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this move. Cooks is gonna be waaaaaay better than Watkins. RAMS are now along with the Eagles favored to go to the Super Bowl 5-1. Cooks is gonna light it up. You can take that to the bank.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooks has the same agent as Goff and they have already been working out together this off-season according to reports.

I'm all for this trade. Watkins had trouble getting separation last year. Cooks is faster and more explosive. In the end, Watkins didn't want to re-sign with us. I bet you Cooks signs an extension.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they get one done, It's probably going to cost them about the same,as it would've to keep Watkins.

So, why waste a 2nd rounder to let Watkins,walk only to give up a 1st rounder and sign a guy to similar money who hasn't even played a down with the team?

If they get it done, they would've wasted a 1st and 2nd to sign 1 WR to a similar contract to the one you let walk.

And, Watkins is a more complete WR than Cooks. He blocks better and runs better routes.

I didn't like Watkins at 15M per, but if they sign Cooks to a similar contract, it is an idiotic move all around

Look, I certainly understand what you are saying!!! But Cooks seems like a homerun hitter type WR just like Watkins, but I have never seen him quit on patterns like Watkins, which I feel is pretty darn important!!!

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think the chances of signing Cooks to an extension is much better than it was with Watkins, Watkins never bought into the Rams and on twitter you wouldn't know he was a Ram besides complaining about not getting enough targets. Cooks is close to home and shares the same agent as Goff, those are two are big factors. Cooks fits this team well.

It sucks not having a first round or second round pick, but I rather not have a 1st or 2nd if it means getting Cooks, Suh, Talib and Peters.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this move. Cooks is gonna be waaaaaay better than Watkins. RAMS are now along with the Eagles favored to go to the Super Bowl 5-1. Cooks is gonna light it up. You can take that to the bank.
Sup stranger?

Good seeing you back around Chili!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I've always liked Cooks, had him in fantasy league a couple times, I've always preferred receivers with some good height, like at least 6' 3" that can go up and get the ball. But hopefully this works out just fine, he is a good receiver, and we do need that!:)

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3