• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams-Cardinals-Rams Win 27-24. 1-0

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch Arizona Cardinals vs. St. Louis Rams [09/08/2013] - NFL.com

I can break it down in Xs and Os with MS Paint if you need it. It would take me about an hour to draw all the assignments so i'd rather avoid it if possible. A brief synopsis:

The formation is WRs left and right, Cook is off the line to the left. 2 'RBs' in an offset-left I-Formation. Cook motions to the right pre-snap. The play is a misdirection screen to the FB, (looks like Kendicks), who will fake a lead run-block left but slide behind the OL to receive the misdirection screen right. The QB will fake the hand-off to the RB who will fake an off-tackle run left. The LT is supposed to block the 3-4 DRE left and away. The WR to the right is to run a fly pattern, possibly with a back shoulder option, to take the CB and S down field. The remaining 4 OL are to slide the 2 remaining DL to the QB's left, hopefully biting on the run left fake and drawing the LBs in that direction as well. Cook is supposed to ignore the DLE and seal off the LBs from pursuing the FB after the reception. The play is supposed to draw the DLE into either rushing the QB, (in which case Bradford knows he has to dink it over him or make him miss), or follow the run down the line. If he stays at home the play is screwed. Most times he'll rush the QB. Sometimes he'll disrupt or deflect the pass but a lot of times he won't. If he deflects it and catches his own deflection you have to shrug your shoulders and say 'well played'. The left WR is irrelevant. If all goes to plan the FB should be in space against the S with a WR to block against the CB. LT Long does his job. the right WR does his job. The fake hand-off is ok. The RB fake run is ok. Cook seals off a LB, (probably not the right 1 but at least he makes contact). The FB sneaks back behind the line. The S sees what's coming and leaves the CB 1-on-1 so the play probably won't gain much. The DE makes the play and tips the ball. it should fall incomplete.

There are 4 OL whose sole job is to block 2 DL to the QB's left and not concede ground. Saffold wins his block. The bottom line is that we have G-C-G against the NT who ends up 5 yards in the backfield straight down the middle. It's bad luck that the tip falls to him...BUT HE SHOULDN'T BE THERE!

A brief diagnosis of the other highlights: Jenkins lines up 5 yards away from Fitzgerald on the goal-line for the 1st TD - :wtf2: You can't give an isolated WR a free goal-line release.

For the 2nd TD there's a blitz from Palmer's right. His slot left receiver is given 10 yards by the DB. The slot right receiver, (Fitzgerald), draws bump-n-run coverage against the rush from that side. It's an easy read for the S. He only has to help Finnegan who's going to be underneath the coverage.

Ahhh, I love having people on a board who knows football!:suds:

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Sam had a 101 rating or something similar. I think that speaks volumes on his progress as he very easily could have ended up with 3 TD's and no interceptions...
I agree, and it's what he deserved. The fumble was the only knock I had against him. Fortunately it fell our way.