• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders free agency getting positive reviews

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It was tied for the fifth-highest grade in the league."

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still have 22 million available to spend and while I don't see many premier free agents....I could see us potentially trading for a player a team wants to get rid. We have the available cap space to absorb a contract and maybe give up a mid to late round pick.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Killa.. ESPN showing the Raiders some love.. Well I agree with them!! And like DJ said, we still have some loot to spend and a draft..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should go O with our first three picks.. The D will be pretty good this year.. its time to get this O fixed once and for all, then you will see what our D can really do.. Points WIN games.. WE UPGRADED our D big time this year, Its the Os turn NOW!! imo..

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should go O with our first three picks.. The D will be pretty good this year.. its time to get this O fixed once and for all, then you will see what our D can really do.. Points WIN games.. WE UPGRADED our D big time this year, Its the Os turn NOW!! imo..

I was pretty happy with the Curtis Lofton pickup. He's a solid veteran who will provide a good mentor for our young LB's and Malcolm Smith will provide some depth. We strengthened ourselves at LB and it's our best area on defense.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty happy with the Curtis Lofton pickup. He's a solid veteran who will provide a good mentor for our young LB's and Malcolm Smith will provide some depth. We strengthened ourselves at LB and it's our best area on defense.
Agree.. Lofton had 145 tackles last year!! The dude was the only one beasting on that D by the looks of those numbers.. The new Mike!! Smith had some pretty good moments as well, let's see what he does with a bigger roll in Oakland.. I like the Whole D, i think they will play really good man, i do.. That's why in thinking Cooper!! Freakin Ankle Breaker!! Cooper to Oakland!!

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree.

The first pick has to be defense, I'd love USC's Leonard Williams. We need a solid front 7 if we're going with young CB's in the secondary. The rest of the picks can be offensive players since I' think the rest of our free agent signngs will be deth for the defense.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.. Lofton had 145 tackles last year!! The dude was the only one beasting on that D by the looks of those numbers..

Lofton is a tackling machine and the right signing to play MLB for us imo.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.. Lofton had 145 tackles last year!! The dude was the only one beasting on that D by the looks of those numbers.. The new Mike!! Smith had some pretty good moments as well, let's see what he does with a bigger roll in Oakland.. I like the Whole D, i think they will play really good man, i do.. That's why in thinking Cooper!! Freakin Ankle Breaker!! Cooper to Oakland!!
I disagree.

The first pick has to be defense, I'd love USC's Leonard Williams. We need a solid front 7 if we're going with young CB's in the secondary. The rest of the picks can be offensive players since I' think the rest of our free agent signngs will be deth for the defense.
I love me some Big Cat as well, but i would take Coop over him.. Our front 7 will be pretty good DJ, i believe that.. Our D will keep us in games this year, but it will be up to our O to WIN those games.. Carr needs MORE help..
You just don't pass on a Tim Brown type player in Cooper if he is sitting there for the taking.. Not even for a Seymour clone like Big Cat.. Carr is a monster in the RedZone!! And Coop will help us get there more often.. chain mover= fresh D in second half of games.. The young Raider Man Corners are going to be BALLERS..

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally, I'd agree with you.....but this draft is deep.at the WR position.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read Bill Williamson's blog and he said he thinks teams were worried about Knighton's weight issues and giving him a huge contract. He thinks the Raiders felt like Williams was a safer bet and has more long term capability.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally, I'd agree with you.....but this draft is deep.at the WR position.
Its deep, but nobody out there brings to the table what Coop would bring.. We need impact day 1.. 1200 Ys 8-9 TDs.. WR, OL, RB/WR..Would be my first 3 picks.. I like Yeldon as a late round pick RB.. Don't get me wrong, i would be happy with one of those D players.. I just think now is the time to get the MOST important player on any team the TOOLS he needs to get the job done.. Our season will come down to the ARM of Carr.. A season always depends on the arm of a QB.. Just the way the game is now days.. So i just want to make sure our QB has what he needs to get the job done.. Again, in the end im good with any blue chip at 4!! But it will be Carr that will make or break our season..

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we might bring in Jennings on a team friendly deal. Is he the answer?

No but he is just 31 and with us going with a lot of 3 WR sets we're going to need a lot of WR's and Jennings is familiar with the offense we seem to be implementing. And we take a WR in the 2nd round. We improved ourselves at RB (assuming Murray has a natural progression at the position with the increased reps and signing Helu) and we should be a lot better since MJD and McFadden are gone.

McKenzie seems to be focused on the trenches, the OL and DL. That's why I think we'll go defense first. If we have a solid defense and running game that's the old school Raider teams.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we might bring in Jennings on a team friendly deal. Is he the answer?

No but he is just 31 and with us going with a lot of 3 WR sets we're going to need a lot of WR's and Jennings is familiar with the offense we seem to be implementing. And we take a WR in the 2nd round. We improved ourselves at RB (assuming Murray has a natural progression at the position with the increased reps and signing Helu) and we should be a lot better since MJD and McFadden are gone.

McKenzie seems to be focused on the trenches, the OL and DL. That's why I think we'll go defense first. If we have a solid defense and running game that's the old school Raider teams.
No doubt the Raider RUN game will be better this year.. I just think Yeldon would be to good of a talent to pass up in the late rounds.. That guy is good imo.. Jennings eh?? Im down with that.. Still want Coop at 4 though.. I want Tim Brown on the Raiders, and Cooper sure looks like him.. Carr to Cooper could be great!! With a Healthy Streater.. Dang!! I want points, lot's of them.. Fresh D in the 2nd half of games!! Then pound them with the RUN!!

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you. In a perfect world we could fix all our problems but this isn't a perfect world and I just want to see improvement. Happy so far. We still have the 2nd half of free agency and the draft so who knows?

Go Raiders!!!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you. In a perfect world we could fix all our problems but this isn't a perfect world and I just want to see improvement. Happy so far. We still have the 2nd half of free agency and the draft so who knows?

Go Raiders!!!!
I too am happy with our offseason so far DJ.. Heck when ESPN is giving crazy love to the Raiders you know Reggie is hitting!! Not that we need ESPN to tell us something we already know.. We got this DJ either way.. The AFC West WILL come back to the Raiders..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, the Raiders cut Antonio Smith.. Hmmm

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we bring back CB Tarell Brown as a veteran for the CB's to learn from. We're awfully young at that position.