• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raider Draft grades

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The picks are in, the first 2 were no-brainers, obviously, then we separate the men from the boys, Jackson looks solid, a good pick 4th round. We went all D for the remainder of the draft, I know I liked Ellis in the SportsHoopla mock, Idaho is big on McGill, he was projected to go 2-3, a gift to fall to us in the 4th. TJ Carrie looks like a great pick, versatile, will no doubt do some KR and ST detail. Harris is an interesting story, a bit of a flier taken on him, but if he is the man he says he is, he deserves a chance, and it will tell us a lot about the character of the team overall. We finished the draft with #247 overall Jonathan Dowling, another sensible versatile pick.

Compared to last year, I give Reggie and the Raiders an A, the decision making feels much more decisive and confident, a bit conservative, but solid.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too give them an A.. Good work by Reggie and his staff..
Mack and Carr.. Gabe Jackson the 2 All-American LG, has not given up a sack in 2 years, I bet he will be the starter opening day.. Ellis, a big powerful dude that can stop the RUN and get to the QB..
McGill and Dowling, 2 6-3 FS\CBs that can hit hard with speed, and play press!!
That Shelby guy is suppose to have real talent, we shall see on him?? And Carrie another 6-0 CB that is great at PR\KR.. An A all day.. I wonder if Carr will challenge Schaub for the starting gig??

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did raiders somehow sign desean jackson and fool everyone? because no wr's taken seemed questionable. only pick i really loved was the 1st round. hopefully they all prove me wrong..doesnt matter who's at qb i think the receiving core is one of the worst in nfl..havent done much to upgrade. I'm not so sure james jones wasn't a product of system much like matt flynn

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones, Streater, DMo, Holmes, Butler, Criner, Davis, Rivera, Kasa, Ausberry, Reece.. Lets see what Schaub can do with these guys.. Watkins was who most wanted, but the Bills traded up to get him, so we took the TOP 3 rated player in this draft!! Besides we still got June 1st cuts to go, and teams always cut good players so im sure there will be some WRs on the market if Reggie wants them..
Next year is when the Good WRs hit FA, and we will have around 60M or so in Cap money to spend on one of them..
Why didn't we take on in the 2nd?? Cuz the potential that Carr brings to the table trumps ALL WRs in the 2nd round.. Franchise QB trumps ANY player.. Carr had a first round grade, and we got him in the 2nd.. Value!!

Last edited by a moderator: