• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QuikTrip 500

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An absolute shocker. Wonder if his team set his car on fire in a mysterious post-victory 'accident.'

NASCAR has destroyed itself - and it shows in the lack of butts in the stands. Huge swaths of openings at Daytona last weekend. Love to see it for a cheating organization.

Can't be to bad. I mean you took the time to watch the race and checked out who was in the stands.
So must be tough for you to not turn the channel when you watch your favorite sport.

:crazy:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My experience from the stands:

The party bus picked up our group of 10 at my parent's house in Ball Ground, GA at 8:00 AM Sunday morning. By 8:30, not even in Marietta yet, basically everyone on the bus was fucked up pretty good.

We get to the track around 10:30. We get even more fucked up. So fucked up that none of us even bothered with using our pit passes or meeting Ryan Newman.

At 12 we start walking towards the track, we caught a shuttle that took us to the gates, and I had left my ticket on the bus. Went back and got it, then got in a cuss fight with the ticket taker for confiscating my bottle of Jose Cuervo. I was nearly arrested, but I appologized to the guy, and the rest if the group said they could handle me with no more trouble. Good thing the race was delayed an hour.

The first 100 laps were a blur.

It was drizzling rain on and off, it was windy and around 45 degrees, and I wore my Pointer overalls that are too long so I had water soaked to my knees. I froze my ass off.

Pretty entertaining race, Harvick lead for a while.

But, I got to see Jeff Gordon plow up the wall again, and that made all the other mishaps so worth while. It was worth freezing to death to see a scumbag like Jeff Gordon wreck, and wreck hard. hard enough to need a tow back to the garage.

Race is over, we don't even get back to the interstate when a teenage girl runs a redlight and smacks the side of our party bus. They hit right where me and my dad were sitting, we get thrown into the floor.

We were delayed around two hours with the cops and the girls trying to spin it so it was our drivers fault, but you could easily tell by the damage whose fault it was.

In this two hour wait, everyone had to piss, so we pull over to Waffle House. I piss. I inspect the damage, and thankfully it was a dually because you could fit your entire hand between the rim and the tire. We rode the rest of the 2.5 hour drive hoping that the outside tire with no air in it wouldn't come apart. Then the bastards at the front of the bus passed out leaving the same 4 songs on loop.

Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd used to be one of my favorite songs.

But we made it home around 11:30. We were all dragging ass at work the next day, but we got through it. I came home and went straight to bed after work.

But all in all, it was a damn good time, and I can't wait for Talladega.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And congrats to JJ on the win.

I'll take second for Harvick. Much better than last season when I was in the stands watching him lead 99% of the race only to be put in the wall on the restart of the first GWC.

I don't pull for Johnson, but I don't have anything against him other than he's teammates with Jeff Gordon and Kasey Kahne.