• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB situation

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like Siemian and Mark Sanchez are about equal in the coaches eyes and Lynch is looking at a redshirt year.

Who do you want to see run the offense? Do you think Siemian has it in him to step up and take charge?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We must have been typing at the same time. I find myself cheering for Sanchez. He really has done a great job of showing he wants this job badly and has put in the time and energy not only with the players but also with the fans in really getting involved early and often with the community.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ever win I like them both . I think both will be good enough to win another SB.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez will likely start the season as the starter - if he fails or if he gets injured - I expect Siemian to play next.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly don't want Siemian to win the job.

Putting up with Mingo would be more that I would be able to cope with!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly don't want Siemian to win the job.

Putting up with Mingo would be more that I would be able to cope with!

You're supposed to be for what is best for the Broncos.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking into the future I do wonder a bit if say Siemian does surprise MOST and actually becomes the starter and does well where does that leave us when it comes to having Lynch moving forward? Let them battle it out the following year and then whoever loses the battle becomes huge trade bait?

At least for me right now I have it at percentage wise of chance of the player actually starting

Sanchez--45%
Siemian--30%
Lynch--25%

Hopefully my math skills are not far off. To me whoever used this month away from football best will be the one to win it. Lynch and Sanchez the biggest thing holding them back is lack of knowledge of the playbook. If they spent this entire month just going crazy in the playbook and show the coaches how hard they have worked I think it won't be that hard to pass Siemian. If Siemian though say worked harder on his footwork and just getting more and more reps of running the plays he definitely stands a chance. All too often though at least a few players don't use this month away from football well. Have to see who really wants this.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me this sounds about right ..

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With about 2 weeks to go before training camp, it is impossible to speculate based on anything but common sense - what other players and coaches have said has all been filtered thru PR and put out in the media for a reason ..

That said, there is really no chance realistic Trevor Siemian is the starting QB come Sept and here's why:

He is a 7th round pick .. he has no NFL experience .. when you compare that to Lynch, who we just traded up in the 1st round to get, it makes no sense ... If Siemian had gotten some playing time last year, this might be different, but if the Super Bowl champions are going to defend their title with a complete unknown commodity - and have a similar all-world defense - it will be with Lynch ..

Sanchez makes the most sense as he has proven himself on the NFL level and has lead teams to the playoffs ...

Rationally, it's Sanchez, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Lynch is under center come Sept

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk to me when training camp and preseason games start then I'll somewhat believe what I read. All speculation and just to get people talking like this. Peace.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez makes the most sense as he has proven himself on the NFL level and has lead teams to the playoffs ...

Rationally, it's Sanchez, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Lynch is under center come Sept
If they don't resign Von Miller , might as well start the rebuild now.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite reports telling us different I really don't think Siemien has a legit chance to win the starting QB job.

If he does we are either in A LOT of trouble or he really has come along way.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does we are either in A LOT of trouble

This is how I feel right now. Probably offseason jitters but the closer the season gets the less optimistic I am about our QB situation.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should have said "a long way" before the SportsHoopla police get me.

I need to start voice chatting.

Anyone ever use tapatalk for posting on their phone?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I feel right now. Probably offseason jitters but the closer the season gets the less optimistic I am about our QB situation.

As I said earlier just have to see how they come back from break. All 3 QB's had days in OTA's and Mini-Camp where they looked good and other days they looked terrible. If they used this break well then I would assume one of them really begins to pull away from the others. I don't think our QB position no matter who starts will be great but I do think one of these 3 could be at least an average QB in this league.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bronco fans just need to adjust their expectations for Quarterbacking back from the Peyton Manning era to something more workman like (Manning gave us a head start on that last year).

The new offense will run the ball much closer to 50% of the snaps -and if the run game works - it sets up the passing game very nicely.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bronco fans just need to adjust their expectations for Quarterbacking back from the Peyton Manning era to something more workman like (Manning gave us a head start on that last year).

The new offense will run the ball much closer to 50% of the snaps -and if the run game works - it sets up the passing game very nicely.

Yes, especially with our defense. We won't have to throw the ball a ton because we should be in close games.

A great QB would be nice, but this team is setup where we don't have to have a "GREAT" QB to win.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a really good read on the time line leading up to the draft and really even before that with everything that Lynch went through in college such as a time that the older teammates didn't want him starting, having a whole state getting after the coach for having him start yet enduring all of that criticism to give Memphis one of the best 2-year runs they have ever had as a team. Just shows the mental make up of our 1st round pick and gives me more confidence that he will make it as a QB.

Easy Does It: Laid-back Paxton Lynch prepares to take the reins