• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Provided you're not a Phillies fan, how could one not possibly enjoy the events of earlier tonight?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there are a lot of Houston haters out there.

And, I've made my stance known in the past that I felt the scandal was overblown in large part because fans collectively in NY and more specifically, LA, don't think they should be allowed to lose...

But, that was not the main reason I was rooting for the Astros this postseason after my team failed to make the playoffs.

That reason was Dusty Baker, and in his 25th season as manager at age 73 this was long overdue.

Speaking as a Cubs fan and even though it didn't end well for him here, in baseball terms I still somewhat viewed us as being in debt to him after our deep postseason run in 2003. Without those raised expectations during that fall season, there'd be no 2016.

Congrats to Dusty Baker, to the Astros, and the city of Houston. Well-deserved.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like cheaters.

The Astros are cheaters. They can eat my hairy ass and the poop that comes out of it.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game seven would have been better since I have no dog in the fight.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And, I've made my stance known in the past that I felt the scandal was overblown in large part because fans collectively in NY and more specifically, LA, don't think they should be allowed to lose...

But, that was not the main reason I was rooting for the Astros this postseason after my team failed to make the playoffs.

That reason was Dusty Baker, and in his 25th season as manager at age 73 this was long overdue.

Speaking as a Cubs fan and even though it didn't end well for him here, in baseball terms I still somewhat viewed us as being in debt to him after our deep postseason run in 2003. Without those raised expectations during that fall season, there'd be no 2016.

Trivia: What milestone did Baker help set as a player?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even though he's said shit in the past that made me shake my head n say damn. I was pullin for Dusty as well.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere Gene Mauch is smiling

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m a Phil’s fan and of course I wanted them to win but I still feel good for a guy like Baker who has spent so many years managing. Congrats to the Astros. That’s one hell of a ball club. I can’t remember seeing a team like that with that much pitching.

How about this crazy stat: this season the Astros had 99.3% of their innings pitched by an arm that would finish the season with a sub 4.00 ERA. That’s freakin unheard of in the modern game. Pretty telling when you’re getting hype because you think your best chance comes in two Justin Verlander starts ha.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was rooting for the Phillies, but the Astros don't really bother me. Nice to see Dusty finally get his ring.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only happy for Dusty