• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prospect Stuff

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i think everybody is selling heredia short.
seems like he is growing up and a maturing attitude will allow the raw gifts to shine.

i still have significant hopes he can be a #3 in mlb.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think everybody is selling heredia short.
seems like he is growing up and a maturing attitude will allow the raw gifts to shine.

i still have significant hopes he can be a #3 in mlb.

So many guys though that have that potential though, and are much closer to realizing it with better current performance.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So many guys though that have that potential though, and are much closer to realizing it with better current performance.

but look at what they did at the same age as heredia.
he is so young and the youngest at each level he plays.
he is going into his age 19 year and will be at A+. who is doing that of those that are ahead of him.
kingham and taillon are 3 years older.
glasnow - who is projecting now as an ace - was one year older and at the same level as heredia last year.
he came on last year and learned what he needs to do to succeed.if he stays at A- again, he will put up similar numbers as glasnow last year.

he came in one spring out of shape. he is a big kid from mexico learning the language and culture and with $$$.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I was referring to league wide there are plenty of guys. I understand both putting him on, and leaving him off the lists. Just a matter of your personal opinion, and what is more important.

I bet he would be on every list (or more lists) if he didn't have the weight issues, that will follow him until he gets that under control.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For your viewing pleasure, a Gregory Polanco home run gif.

GP-GIF.gif

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Allies is being pushed to Altoona after half a year of no success in Bradenton. Not sure what this means, Pirates could see something, or they could feel there isn't anything to lose. Regardless, i find the promotion interesting, however, I really hard a hard time seeing Allies ever making the major league roster except as maybe a September call-up.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone know why Taillon was pulled after 2/3 of an inning today? I haven't seen the game and I am off Twitter until Easter, so I have just been waiting for and update on the many other sites I frequent, but have heard nothing as of yet.

ramburgh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Maybe the Pirates are promoting Allie so he can struggle and will want to switch back to pitching?

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe Allie showed something that made the team think that he might be ready to face AA pitching?

From all accounts this dude is a big, athletic bull of a ballplayer who had many attitude problems. Even Allie himself admitted that. If he worked hard in the offseason and asked for a chance to play AA then maybe it's just a way to reward him?

That's me being optimistic. I really don't know. It's not what any of us expected I'm sure.

As for Taillon - the 3rd or 4th string whatsisname shortstop botched two grounders. Taillon should've been out of the inning twice. I'm guessing he just got to his single-inning pitch limit.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Allie showed something that made the team think that he might be ready to face AA pitching?

From all accounts this dude is a big, athletic bull of a ballplayer who had many attitude problems. Even Allie himself admitted that. If he worked hard in the offseason and asked for a chance to play AA then maybe it's just a way to reward him?

That's me being optimistic. I really don't know. It's not what any of us expected I'm sure.

As for Taillon - the 3rd or 4th string whatsisname shortstop botched two grounders. Taillon should've been out of the inning twice. I'm guessing he just got to his single-inning pitch limit.

On Allie, it sounds like he really did a good job of acknowledging and correcting his attitude problems over the last year or so, which is great of course. I also get the impression he's really been working hard.

Even so, I would guess there's still two possible reasons for his call-up. Either (hopefully) he showed something in the offseason which indicates he may have turned a corner and he's actually ready for it, or they just think he's got his toolbox already, with no further talents to really work on, and they want to see if it will play at higher levels.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
On Allie, it sounds like he really did a good job of acknowledging and correcting his attitude problems over the last year or so, which is great of course. I also get the impression he's really been working hard.

Even so, I would guess there's still two possible reasons for his call-up. Either (hopefully) he showed something in the offseason which indicates he may have turned a corner and he's actually ready for it, or they just think he's got his toolbox already, with no further talents to really work on, and they want to see if it will play at higher levels.

agree, you figure he did a great job jumping out of the box hitting last year after a couple years away from it. the success went to his head and he tried to pull and jack everything to left. he admits he is a center to right-center hitter while waiting on the ball more.
sounds like he has gotten back to basics hitting, driving back up the middle, hitting where it is pitched, getting rid of the leg kick and lost 10-15 pounds.
plus we need a 1B.

here's praying for the best.