• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Projected 2015 MLB Arbitration Salaries

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$8 Mill for Austin Jackson... that trade just looks awesome :L

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack has his guys and Lloyd has his. Unfortunately none of their guys can hit. $8M for a defensive CF...wow!

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$8 Mill for Austin Jackson... that trade just looks awesome :L

Great google-moogly...

The worst part is that he's going to be that much harder to trade with that price tag.

Here's to hoping he finds a great PED masking agent.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack has his guys and Lloyd has his. Unfortunately none of their guys can hit. $8M for a defensive CF...wow!

I'm not sold on his being a defensive wizard, if you watch that play in Toronto when Walker was on the mound a gold glove CF should've been able to get to that ball and I know a certain guy who was sitting on the bench that game that would've made that diving catch.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he is a defensive wizard either. I do know $8M for him is way too much. I think Saunders at less than half that is a better buy, but that ship apparently has sailed. I don't think Jones is the next big thing unless he changes his approach both in the field and at the plate which is a lot to ask foe a 26-27 year old. If Saunders isn't he guy in CF, then I don't think we have one in our organization who is near the majors.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he is a defensive wizard either. I do know $8M for him is way too much. I think Saunders at less than half that is a better buy, but that ship apparently has sailed. I don't think Jones is the next big thing unless he changes his approach both in the field and at the plate which is a lot to ask foe a 26-27 year old. If Saunders isn't he guy in CF, then I don't think we have one in our organization who is near the majors.

I think it is alot to ask as well but didn't Jones massively outperform Jackson in a Mariners uniform last year? From what I saw Jones became better last year with the Mariners except for maybe realizing who he was at the plate. He became a better fielder and base runner. He developed power to the opposite field which IMO is the hardest thing for a player to do, but when the league adjusted to him he went away from what made him dangerous at the plate which was speed, not power, not squaring up every pitch just putting the ball in play and letting him do what he is best at. Even the best infielders rush thing when they get a ball hit to them with a guy that fast running.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is alot to ask as well but didn't Jones massively outperform Jackson in a Mariners uniform last year? From what I saw Jones became better last year with the Mariners except for maybe realizing who he was at the plate. He became a better fielder and base runner. He developed power to the opposite field which IMO is the hardest thing for a player to do, but when the league adjusted to him he went away from what made him dangerous at the plate which was speed, not power, not squaring up every pitch just putting the ball in play and letting him do what he is best at. Even the best infielders rush thing when they get a ball hit to them with a guy that fast running.

Normally I agree with you, but I have to take the other side on your two comments.

1- Yes Jones put up the same numbers, or maybe even slightly better numbers, than Jackson during his time starting, but that still leaves you with the question, 'Do you prefer a Pacer or a Pinto?'. You don't win with either i my book. Jones is cheap and makes for a good 4th OF, but I have little hope for Jackson and hope they deal in this winter....which they won't of course.

2- I actually thought the problem with Jones was when he tried to just make contact and not drive the ball more. Not homers, but gappers. His continued contact attempts just led to easy ground balls. I could be wrong, but I really think he has better speed on the bases than he did from home to 1B.

Just my opinion anyways.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I agree with you, but I have to take the other side on your two comments.

1- Yes Jones put up the same numbers, or maybe even slightly better numbers, than Jackson during his time starting, but that still leaves you with the question, 'Do you prefer a Pacer or a Pinto?'. You don't win with either i my book. Jones is cheap and makes for a good 4th OF, but I have little hope for Jackson and hope they deal in this winter....which they won't of course.

2- I actually thought the problem with Jones was when he tried to just make contact and not drive the ball more. Not homers, but gappers. His continued contact attempts just led to easy ground balls. I could be wrong, but I really think he has better speed on the bases than he did from home to 1B.

Just my opinion anyways.

With 1 I see what I see what you're saying, I'd prefer neither but if I had my choice I'd prefer the Pinto that allows me to get a sports car at another position instead of having to get another pacer because you have a pacer. $18 million a year between your CF and RF sounds alot better when it's Jones and X as opposed to Jackson and a Hart type guy.

2. I guess we saw things different. I guess I didn't see his weak grounders as him trying to leg things out as just rolling the ball over. Maybe I'm wrong I was just pleased as I saw improvement from him, not enough to expect anything special from him but I was at least curious when he came up to bat as opposed to Jackson where you knew how the at bat was going to finish. I'm encouraged when I saw him get out several different ways at the plate instead of the same thing over and over. Adjusting even if unsuccessful to me is improvement. Sadly I had more optimism when Almonte came up to bat than I did when Jackson come up there.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 1 I see what I see what you're saying, I'd prefer neither but if I had my choice I'd prefer the Pinto that allows me to get a sports car at another position instead of having to get another pacer because you have a pacer. $18 million a year between your CF and RF sounds alot better when it's Jones and X as opposed to Jackson and a Hart type guy.

LOL and great point. I wouldn't disagree one bit on that.

2. I guess we saw things different. I guess I didn't see his weak grounders as him trying to leg things out as just rolling the ball over. Maybe I'm wrong I was just pleased as I saw improvement from him, not enough to expect anything special from him but I was at least curious when he came up to bat as opposed to Jackson where you knew how the at bat was going to finish. I'm encouraged when I saw him get out several different ways at the plate instead of the same thing over and over. Adjusting even if unsuccessful to me is improvement. Sadly I had more optimism when Almonte came up to bat than I did when Jackson come up there.

I guess we did see Jones differently. I saw a lot of roll overs to 1B. I think the fact that his biggest value came when they made him the designated pinch-runner. I haven't lost hope on him, but I do need to see him hit gaps more or the OF will never respect him and his bloopers will never fall.

I agree with the Jackson points. I usually fast forwarded when he came up because who wants to watch a K? I also had hope for Almonte and personally thought M's gave up on him to fast. I understand the demotion, but to trade him for an old rental shows you are taking out the trash.

Good talking M's because this is their best time of year...the off season.