• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prognosticators must be drunk

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thoroughly confused. I have read 7 different NFL previews and there are no fewer than 6 different projected records for the Rams... everything from 11-5 to 3-13. I am still of the opinion that 9-7 and fighting for a wildcard is about right for this year.... let's see what the 1's do tonight against the Broncos!

To quote Bart Scott " CAN'T WAIT "

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thoroughly confused. I have read 7 different NFL previews and there are no fewer than 6 different projected records for the Rams... everything from 11-5 to 3-13. I am still of the opinion that 9-7 and fighting for a wildcard is about right for this year.... let's see what the 1's do tonight against the Broncos!

Maybe not much with Barksdale not making the trip, Saffold less than 100% and pretty almost zero in depth after that..BUT, it is Ram football...Bring it on...

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised. Our offense has huge potential but it's all smoke and mirrors at this point. I could see it being top 10 if the OL plays well but it wouldn't shock me if we drop to #30. The defense is good but if our offense sucks we won't win games.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll say 9-6 going into Week 17.

If I'm right, that game will be a true marker on where we are headed. We win we're most likely in the playoffs and on the fast track to actually stirring things up in the post season next year (And who knows, we could make a run if we make it to the dance). We lose and I say we're probably another year or two away.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is how I see the Rams, so far...

Arizona - W
At Atlanta - L
At Dallas - L
San Fransisco - W
Jacksonville - W
At Houston - W
At Carolina - L
Seattle - W
Tennessee - W
At Indianapolis - L
BYE
Chicago - L
At San Fransisco - L
At Arizona - W
New Orleans - L
Tampa Bay - W
At Seattle - W

9-7

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@USCDoom, 5-1 vs NFC West, 4-6 vs the rest. That sounds a lot like last year. Not impossible but an unlikely scenario. We were fortunate to catch inexperienced QBs Kaepernick & Wilson early on which contributed to a lop-sided record. The only likely cause for a 5-1 vs 4-6 split this year would be if both the 49ers and Seahawks were decimated by injuries.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I see the Rams, so far...

Arizona - W
At Atlanta - L
At Dallas - L
San Fransisco - W
Jacksonville - W
At Houston - W
At Carolina - L
Seattle - W
Tennessee - W
At Indianapolis - L
BYE
Chicago - L
At San Fransisco - L
At Arizona - W
New Orleans - L
Tampa Bay - W
At Seattle - W

9-7
I will take 5-1 in the Division and I don't doubt that Jeff Fisher can do it either, he believes that winning philosophy starts in the division and takes two weeks to prepare for those games opposed to the normal one week philosophy he uses for every other.

I like what you have here, I do think we may get past either the Bears or the Saints at home though and maybe drop the one to Houston on the road and win @ Carolina.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Vita.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_mgsonnl6A71ribnwko1_400.gif

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said I will take 5-1. It would be crazy to think we will get it.. I think it will look more like this...

Arizona - W
At Atlanta - L
At Dallas - W
San Fransisco - W
Jacksonville - W
At Houston - L
At Carolina - W
Seattle - L
Tennessee - W
At Indianapolis - L
BYE
Chicago - W
At San Fransisco - L
At Arizona - W
New Orleans - L
Tampa Bay - W
At Seattle - ??

There is the 9-6 record I was eluding to going into Week 17. So is reality still slapping me in the face FF? :yahoo:

If not, what say you about the W's and L's game by game? :noidea:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona - W
At Atlanta - W
At Dallas - W
San Fransisco - L
Jacksonville - W
At Houston - L
At Carolina - W
Seattle - W
Tennessee - W
At Indianapolis - W
BYE
Chicago - L
At San Francisco - L
At Arizona - W
New Orleans - W
Tampa Bay - W
At Seattle - L

11-5
book it people

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team would take being 5-1 in their own division. Most fans see the NFC West as being 1 of the best, if not the best, division in football right now. I don't think being 5-1 in our division whilst having a non-winning record outside the division is realistic. If i'm wrong it'll be my door that reality is kicking down. It's pre-season and my experience tells me fans almost always overplay their team's chances at this time of year. The whole league will be 10-6 or 9-7 for another 2 weeks. If you ask fans to predict final standings for the whole league they'll come up with around 276 wins and 236 losses. I'm not going to make a line-in-the-sand final record prediction until just before Week 1. I wouldn't even take an over/under bet about our offense finishing 18th in total yards.

Just out of amusement and without prejudice, you might like to know about the last time I heard someone say 'Book it!'. It was on NFL.com last year just before the season started. I was talking to a Raiders fan about their playoff chances. lol.

Let's just hope the reality gif doesn't reappear after Week 1.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fastforward - I am interested in your prognostication of our record just before week one.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FF I would like to compliment you. You are one of the most rational clear headed posters I believe I have ever read. I tip my hat to you. While I would love to jump on the playoff bandwagon. I too have some reservations. I am not quite sure we are there yet. A 500 season maybe more inline. And I truely hope I am wrong. If wrong I will gladly bow to the ones with clearer vision than myself.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see games as certain wins or certain losses. I try to offset probable wins with similarly probable losses. I think we'll be 5-7 or 6-6 excluding these 4 games: @Cowboys, @Colts, Bears, and Saints. From 5-11 to 10-6 is a ridiculous range from which to make a prediction. I'd also say that if/when either OT, Bradford, or Richardson goes down the wheels will likely come off our offense with alacrity. Bean-counting that possibility into a prediction i'd tentitively put us below 7 wins. Even if we got very lucky with injuries and had the majority of 50-50 decisions go our way our ceiling would be 10 wins. It's the least stable/predictable looking Rams team I can remember. This could change with waiver help at OT and/or RB. Vegas values us at 7.5 wins, which is where I would put us without critical injuries. Reluctantly i'd pick the under if I were betting today. I'm not and I think we will make roster changes before the Cardinals game.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember folks, I started this thread by saying I felt we would end up 9-7 and fighting for a wild card. Not sure if 9-7 would be enough this year in the NFC to get in but who knows. I sure as hell know we are not going 3-13 like ESPN predicts or 5-11 like Sporting News predicted.....no worse than a .500 season is what I think this team will achieve this year, and it will be another step forward

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see games as certain wins or certain losses. I try to offset probable wins with similarly probable losses. I think we'll be 5-7 or 6-6 excluding these 4 games: @Cowboys, @Colts, Bears, and Saints. From 5-11 to 10-6 is a ridiculous range from which to make a prediction. I'd also say that if/when either OT, Bradford, or Richardson goes down the wheels will likely come off our offense with alacrity. Bean-counting that possibility into a prediction i'd tentitively put us below 7 wins. Even if we got very lucky with injuries and had the majority of 50-50 decisions go our way our ceiling would be 10 wins. It's the least stable/predictable looking Rams team I can remember. This could change with waiver help at OT and/or RB. Vegas values us at 7.5 wins, which is where I would put us without critical injuries. Reluctantly i'd pick the under if I were betting today. I'm not and I think we will make roster changes before the Cardinals game.
While injuries are certainly a part of the game and depth helps to overcome those things (Which we have very little depth). I wont give that sort any type of energy as I see it as fuel to fruition.

Plan on misery, expect misery.

I do think it is okay to prepare for the worst case scenario however our past has left us ill prepared, which means if key injuries occur all bets are off.

Remember folks, I started this thread by saying I felt we would end up 9-7 and fighting for a wild card. Not sure if 9-7 would be enough this year in the NFC to get in but who knows. I sure as hell know we are not going 3-13 like ESPN predicts or 5-11 like Sporting News predicted.....no worse than a .500 season is what I think this team will achieve this year, and it will be another step forward
I'm right there with you ksu. I'm saying 9-6 with 1 to go in Seattle, GOD knows it's hard to leave there with a 'W'.

Are you counting our last game as a win or loss?

If you are saying its a loss than we are nearly on the same page. Going into Seattle with a 9-6 record, regardless of what the pundant's say, [t could be for the Division Title!

If healthy for the majority of the season, (That's for you FF) and we win, we will certainly be ahead of the curve. Should we lose we may be another year or two away, IMO.

Either way over the next two years, I'm sure Fisher and Snead will be hard at work adding the depth we need to withstand losses to our key players and starters.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You guys are in that grey area where you can reasonably beat everyone on your schedule but reasonably lose to everyone on your schedule as well so I think that 9-7\8-8 range is about right.

Of course with that said you might wind up breaks going your way and getting to 11-5 or going against you and going 5-11.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona - W
At Atlanta - W
At Dallas - W
San Fransisco - W
Jacksonville - W