• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Presley & Tabata?

Burgh Sports Rule

Let's Go Bucs!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering, how far along you guys thought both Presley & Tabata were, in the rehab assignments both have been on?

Does anyone think that their is a chance we could see one or both of Presley or Tabata, by the Brewers series this weekend?

Also, I would Love for the Bucs to finish above 500 & somehow possibly get back in to the division race. (Highly Doubtful) but I think the most important day for the remainder of this season, will be Monday Night at Midnight.

That's when we will find out if we got G. Cole & Josh Bell signed to deals?

G. Cole I think is a given but I think it is very important that the Pirates do everything they can to get J. Bell inked.

I Hope that getting Bell signed to a contract can get done?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what they are going to do with Tabata and Presley, but there is such a logjam in the OF it will be hard to get everyone playing time.

If they finish above .500 I'll be happy.

I'm assuming Bell isn't going to sign at this point, if he does it will just be a bonus.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tabata just started his rehab the other night in AAA at DH. The interesting part is he is playing RF tonight.

Pirates mulling right field for Tabata | pirates.com: News

Looks like a thought is to have Presley, McCutchen and Tabata in the OF together which should be a very good defensive OF.

I guess if Tabata feels good this week he will be in Milwaukee I just don't know what will happen with Jones and Ludwick.

As for Presley he is at the spring training complex and the plan is for a mid-August return. So I bet he will be back after the weekend series.

Burgh Sports Rule

Let's Go Bucs!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still holding out hope that Josh Bell gets signed element. I still think that their is a good chance it gets done.

Also, I think his signing is key for this draft class. Getting Cole & Bell done, could turn this draft class from a potential Good draft for the Pirates, to a Great one.

I just wanted to say element, that I enjoyed reading your thoughts on the ESPN message boards, regarding our Pittsburgh sports teams, yours along with Darkstone & others.

I am happy that I got up enough nerve to join a message board, because now I can talk with you guys directly, rather than just read your posts.

Burgh Sports Rule

Let's Go Bucs!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the update D.

Hope we have both Presley & Tabata back by next week?

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jones can get time at 1B. Ludwick, Tabata, and Presley can rotate through two spots in the OF.
I don't think it's a logjam until you've got 3 all stars. We've got one so far.

Just play the hot hand.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jim Callis tweeted that there is almost zero chance that Bell signs. Not encouraging, but I think it is going to take something significant, and I don't mean money. It's a shame they don't have draft and follow's anymore.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Callis tweeted that there is almost zero chance that Bell signs. Not encouraging, but I think it is going to take something significant, and I don't mean money. It's a shame they don't have draft and follow's anymore.

Yea, for whatever reason the kid wants to go to college.

Would be interesting if the MLB went to the hockey draft system where a drafted kid could go to college, but still be the teams "property" while in college. Then he could leave school to sign a pro contract with said team at any time during college, not just after three years.