• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Week 2: vs. KC

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense... Rinse & repeat PG1's gameplan, but let Conner & JuJu have a series. Ben didn't play until PG3 last year, so I'm not expecting him to play. Also, as we've been discussing, if Dobbs shows out again it may set the stage for some trade offers. Rudolph & Hodges are playing well enough to cement QB2 & QB3, respectively. Hoping to see a rebound performance from the O-line as a unit. Specifically Chuks. May see the starting unit get a series as well.

Defense... All eyes are on Bush. The KC offense is riddled with speed, so what better team to showcase his abilities against!? Would like to see a better showing from the secondary, but expecting them to get slaughtered without Haden, Davis & Hilton against their 1st team O.

Who's hurting?
  • Haden is still dealing with his ankle contusion, and no timetable set for his return (although Tomlin made it sound minor).
  • CSW is dealing with a hammy injury which can be tricky. Would hate to see him rushed back just to aggravate the injury, but time is running out for him to make an impact to the 53. Steelers still have options though. Hoping they hang up CSW on the NFL's IPPP again (which affords them an additional PS slot). He's still considered a raw project, but has shown decent blocking abilities. Steelers could explore trade or acquisition of a TE after PG4 when rosters have to officially be trimmed from 91 to 53.
  • All signs point to Davis returning to the field today after dealing with an open wound on his hand (finger). Don't know if they will rush him back with his roster spot being pretty much locked in. They will likely continue to let Dangerfield, Allen & Kelly duke it out.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense... Rinse & repeat PG1's gameplan, but let Conner & JuJu have a series. Ben didn't play until PG3 last year, so I'm not expecting him to play. Also, as we've been discussing, if Dobbs shows out again it may set the stage for some trade offers. Rudolph & Hodges are playing well enough to cement QB2 & QB3, respectively. Hoping to see a rebound performance from the O-line as a unit. Specifically Chuks. May see the starting unit get a series as well.

Defense... All eyes are on Bush. The KC offense is riddled with speed, so what better team to showcase his abilities against!? Would like to see a better showing from the secondary, but expecting them to get slaughtered without Haden, Davis & Hilton against their 1st team O.

Who's hurting?
  • Haden is still dealing with his ankle contusion, and no timetable set for his return (although Tomlin made it sound minor).
  • CSW is dealing with a hammy injury which can be tricky. Would hate to see him rushed back just to aggravate the injury, but time is running out for him to make an impact to the 53. Steelers still have options though. Hoping they hang up CSW on the NFL's IPPP again (which affords them an additional PS slot). He's still considered a raw project, but has shown decent blocking abilities. Steelers could explore trade or acquisition of a TE after PG4 when rosters have to officially be trimmed from 91 to 53.
  • All signs point to Davis returning to the field today after dealing with an open wound on his hand (finger). Don't know if they will rush him back with his roster spot being pretty much locked in. They will likely continue to let Dangerfield, Allen & Kelly duke it out.

OFC.

OL...for the most part, all are vets and probably only need a game at best to be in sync so I'm not sure how many snaps they will get...those that do play, I'd like to see more solid play....With Connor and Samuels pretty much locked in as 1 & 2, I don't expect to see much more than a series from Connor, maybe 2 from Samuels so I'm interested in seeing more of Snell, in hopes that his 1st game was mostly getting his feet wet in the NFL.

I still think Dobbs could be traded...especially if all 3 play well again.

DEF.

KC is noted to have a great OFC...I would be tempted to play the starters (sans the injured of course) for a series.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notables from preseason game #2.

Didn't see the game...from what I've read and heard, highlights.

Kozora, mostly nailed it with his winners and losers.

Steelers Vs Chiefs Winners & Losers - Steelers Depot

Not sure what to think about the KC OL, but TJ AND Bud bagging 2 each against their starters was notable. Hopefully wee see more of that starting week 1.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benny snell has to be a loser again. I know beating a dead horse. But this guy had a lot of ppl saying he didn’t have the vision or speed for the nfl. We heard some camp hype, but has

42 yards 20 carries
4 catches 30 yards

And now has a hurt groin .......

Samuels had a decent outing but hasn’t been the best in camp .

There’s a ton of question marks at rb

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benny snell has to be a loser again. I know beating a dead horse. But this guy had a lot of ppl saying he didn’t have the vision or speed for the nfl. We heard some camp hype, but has

42 yards 20 carries
4 catches 30 yards

And now has a hurt groin .......

Samuels had a decent outing but hasn’t been the best in camp .

There’s a ton of question marks at rb

Actually I'm hearing Snell had a nice showing vs KC....not great avg. but several times got positive yards out of nothing, but the Malik Williams kid maybe showed a little more. Generally speaking the RBs is one of my least areas of concern.

What I'm concerned about still...CB opposite Haden, and edge opposite TJ...TE2...Grimble has not looked good receiving...this job may not be in stone.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I'm hearing Snell had a nice showing vs KC....not great avg. but several times got positive yards out of nothing, but the Malik Williams kid maybe showed a little more. Generally speaking the RBs is one of my least areas of concern.

What I'm concerned about still...CB opposite Haden, and edge opposite TJ...TE2...Grimble has not looked good receiving...this job may not be in stone.
Eh you may be right I missed a lot of the game the bc spot is scary. But heard Dupree looked quite good fwiw.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh you may be right I missed a lot of the game the bc spot is scary. But heard Dupree looked quite good fwiw.

RB...yeah, I'm okay with that group...hopefully they can figure out how to balance the touches and still allow the starter to get in the flow of the game. Samuels right now is showing he's better equipped to perform under spot duty.

Yes Bud did, and I don't whether we should be excited, or the KC fans should be fretting their OL...supposedly, both OLBs bagged 2 ea on the KC starting OL.

The FO and staff have been saying since LY they felt there was another level that Bud had not reached but was close...hopefully they were right.

Today what would you put the sack projection for Bud?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB...yeah, I'm okay with that group...hopefully they can figure out how to balance the touches and still allow the starter to get in the flow of the game. Samuels right now is showing he's better equipped to perform under spot duty.

Yes Bud did, and I don't whether we should be excited, or the KC fans should be fretting their OL...supposedly, both OLBs bagged 2 ea on the KC starting OL.

The FO and staff have been saying since LY they felt there was another level that Bud had not reached but was close...hopefully they were right.

Today what would you put the sack projection for Bud?
5 if I’m being honest

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 if I’m being honest

Well...he's playing for what he hopes is a big long term deal in FA.

I'm thinking 5 to 8.

In DIV he's facing one really good LT...Stanley in BAL. Robinson in CLE is a OG, playing LT and Glenn is just average filling in the injured 1st round pick, rookie Jonah Williams....he's gotta connect on 3 at least in those 6 games.

That would leave him 10 more games to come up with 5 more.

We shall see.

Idk if 5-8 will be enough for PIT ( I hope not) but I have a feeling he's going to get a mid level contract from somewhere.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t get to watch the game much other than a series or 2 from Rudolph. Was out of town at a bachelor party. Then came home to a kid with the flu, so never found the time to watch the game after the fact. However I did watch some highlights.

QBs... Rudolph has the #2 job. It’s easy to see that he’s vastly improved and better than Dobbs.

RBs... No worries from me with this group. Samuels will be the 2 for now, but I think Snell will continue to improve. Snell’s opportunities didn’t come on good plays but he made the best of a shitty deal every time. That’s good awareness for a rookie.

WR... Washington is a baller. He should be the #2. But these guys are all interchangeable so I’m not investing too much into the depth order. They will have a heavy rotation at all X Y & Z positions.

Last edited:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t get to watch the game much other than a series or 2 from Rudolph. Was out of town at a bachelor party. Then came home to a kid with the flu, so never found the time to watch the game after the fact. However I did watch some highlights.

QBs... Rudolph has the #2 job. It’s easy to see that he’s vastly improved and better than Dobbs.

RBs... No worries from me with this group. Samuels will be the 2 for now, but I think Snell will continue to improve. Snell’s opportunities didn’t come on good plays but he made the best of a shitty deal every time. That’s good awareness for a rookie.

WR... Washington is a baller. He should be the #2. But these guys are all interchangeable so I’m not investing too much into the depth order. They will have a heavy rotation at all X Y & Z positions.

WR...yeah the designation 2 or 3 really doesn't matter on this team. If Ben feels confident in your ability to be where he expects you to be and make the catch, there will be plenty of targets for the top 3 WRs for sure. Interesting Switzer got no snaps in this game

DEF...in this early going in PS, the DEF looks ahead of LY at the LB and secondary level.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR...yeah the designation 2 or 3 really doesn't matter on this team. If Ben feels confident in your ability to be where he expects you to be and make the catch, there will be plenty of targets for the top 3 WRs for sure. Interesting Switzer got no snaps in this game

DEF...in this early going in PS, the DEF looks ahead of LY at the LB and secondary level.
Switzer... That can’t be right. I saw him take a reception across the middle and ran it out of bounds.

DEF... I hope you’re right. Secondary still seems weak.

Side note... Saw a theory on Adeniyi’s recent surgery. Basically said that he was playing through an injury to earn his spot, an injury that the Steelers knew about and were aware of the timetable but wanted to see him perform to earn a spot. The coaches saw all they needed to see to want him on the 53 so they pull the plug and put him under knife so that he’s ready for the season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Switzer... That can’t be right. I saw him take a reception across the middle and ran it out of bounds.

DEF... I hope you’re right. Secondary still seems weak.

Side note... Saw a theory on Adeniyi’s recent surgery. Basically said that he was playing through an injury to earn his spot, an injury that the Steelers knew about and were aware of the timetable but wanted to see him perform to earn a spot. The coaches saw all they needed to see to want him on the 53 so they pull the plug and put him under knife so that he’s ready for the season.

I’m wrong then...going off a snap count thread I saw and didn’t recall seeing his name

Secondary is still the weakest part of the team imo, but hopeful they’re not as weak as LY.

Good to hear on Ola.