• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week Payback, Bears vs Lions

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions are a good football team. We just kind of have their number for whatever reason. They don't look like they're good enough to actually contend for the NFC championship...Definitely a decent step behind Eagles/Cowboys/49ers.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a zillion stories and opinions on the Bears upset over the Lions this week, but this one focuses on Lucas Patrick's timing of the snap that led to the go ahead TD:

Two other interesting tidbits:

*The Bears have generated 11 takeaways, including nine interceptions, in their last three games, the most in both categories in the NFL during that span. In addition, the 11 takeaways are their most in a three-game stretch since they also had 11 in Weeks 2-4 in 2013.
*T.J. Edwards leads the defense with 129 tackles, seven tackles-for-loss and two fumble recoveries. He has also registered two interceptions, 2.0 sacks, one forced fumble and four pass breakups. Talk about the ultimate steal of a free agent signing!
What's even more impressive is they are actually 1st over the last 4 games. Meaning, including their bye week.

The next teams behind the Bears have played one more game than the Bears during that span.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think folks should downplay what the Bears are doing right now. Their D is flat balling, and the O is very dangerous.

The future looks as bright as the sun.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think folks should downplay what the Bears are doing right now. Their D is flat balling, and the O is very dangerous.

The future looks as bright as the sun.
Bears are supposed to take 2-3 years and let the Lions pretend like they are the new hot team for a year or 2. You selfish fucks.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears are supposed to take 2-3 years and let the Lions pretend like they are the new hot team for a year or 2. You selfish fucks.
It does seem as if we're finally heading in the right direction. As for your boys, they've been stumbling a bit of late, but that's still a very talented roster. You have some big games coming up to finish off the season.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im gonna refuse we are on the amend till we beat someone of significance.....no not Detroit,they are on the diwntrend coming back down to earth where they should be.....they were a feelgood story that I even bit into,but I believe that story has ended as fadt as the Fobbs feel good story....

Last 4 games we beat an extremely horrible Panthers team,blew a game vs the reeling Lions,we beat a bad Vikes team without a td,and then beat the same reeling Lions.....

To impress me by our team,lets see what they got vs Cleveland.....stopping their offense with oldman Flacco should not be too big of problem,but lets see.....our side,especially offensive side of the ball.....score some pts vs that def and then Ill believe we are turning the corner......

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does seem as if we're finally heading in the right direction. As for your boys, they've been stumbling a bit of late, but that's still a very talented roster. You have some big games coming up to finish off the season.
I am actually pumped for the Lions future. They have 3 rather large issues to work out. Oline depth, so many CBs needed, and a solid 2nd fiddle pass rush option.

You guys could do us a solid and not tag Jaylon Johnson and let him know we are super cool and he should sign here.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im gonna refuse we are on the amend till we beat someone of significance.....no not Detroit,they are on the diwntrend coming back down to earth where they should be.....they were a feelgood story that I even bit into,but I believe that story has ended as fadt as the Fobbs feel good story....

Last 4 games we beat an extremely horrible Panthers team,blew a game vs the reeling Lions,we beat a bad Vikes team without a td,and then beat the same reeling Lions.....

To impress me by our team,lets see what they got vs Cleveland.....stopping their offense with oldman Flacco should not be too big of problem,but lets see.....our side,especially offensive side of the ball.....score some pts vs that def and then Ill believe we are turning the corner......
First off, were the Lions really reeling prior to our first game, or was it that game that sent them reeling? Honest question, as I forget.

Second, I am definitely not sold on Fields yet. He still holds the ball too long, but if he can keep playing clean games, and not be the reason we lose, I think this D can do some damage of its own.

This'll be a good litmus test

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, were the Lions really reeling prior to our first game, or was it that game that sent them reeling? Honest question, as I forget.

Second, I am definitely not sold on Fields yet. He still holds the ball too long, but if he can keep playing clean games, and not be the reason we lose, I think this D can do some damage of its own.

It has been a hot minute, Lions showed cracks in the foundation 4 weeks before the Bears when the Ravens stomped them 38-6. They seemed to bounce back the next week against the Raiders, but that was when they still had McDaniels as HC. Then we gave up 5 consecutive drives as TD's to the Chargers after a bye and somehow won. Then we played the Bears.

So....signs had been there, Bears for sure hammered it home however.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Detroit is 4-3 in their last 7 games.....
Giving up a ton of points......
They do not play well on the road......
They have beaten one legit team.....all year.....vs KC without Kelce and Chris Jones......week 1.

I really want to see Detroit do well,when we dont,but now I just think they are reverting to their old wsys.....

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually pumped for the Lions future. They have 3 rather large issues to work out. Oline depth, so many CBs needed, and a solid 2nd fiddle pass rush option.

You guys could do us a solid and not tag Jaylon Johnson and let him know we are super cool and he should sign here.
LOL, I doubt your wish will come true. The going thought pretty much around these parts is Johnson will either receive an extension or if not, then definitely the tag. The odds are miniscule that our GM just lets him walk.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lions have way too much talent to write off. A single signing could propel that team to another level. They have the base roster for sure...Just look at us since signing Sweat...Same could happen with the Lions very easily. Any team with an offensive line as talented as the Lions one is is going to have a shot to make a run.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions have way too much talent to write off. A single signing could propel that team to another level. They have the base roster for sure...Just look at us since signing Sweat...Same could happen with the Lions very easily. Any team with an offensive line as talented as the Lions one is is going to have a shot to make a run.

Theyre not making a run........they wont be signing anyone this year......theyre gonna win a very weak division,but thars about it.....being a division winner,theres a possibilty of winning the home game theyre gonna host,and thats up in the air on who its gonna be......

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before we get excited about running the table and finishing 9-8.... pretty sure we lose all the tiebreakers with anyone else projected to go 9-8 so we will still miss the playoffs.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before we get excited about running the table and finishing 9-8.... pretty sure we lose all the tiebreakers with anyone else projected to go 9-8 so we will still miss the playoffs.
Shit, I'll be delirious if we just get past the Browns.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just seen Bears have a 5% chance of getting there........ya,we wont make it.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just seen Bears have a 5% chance of getting there........ya,we wont make it.
They played a tough CLE defense. They are making games interesting.