• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Week 1 vs. New York Jets

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is going to beat him out...Corey Greenwood?

Perhaps. Greenwood was brought in for his special teams prowess, so if Lewis doesn't make it Greenwood is a good bet to take his spot.

I think it's way too early to say he won't be making it yet, though. Clearly on that TD play he was turning the TE over to the safety, who had fallen down right as the switch was being made. Obviously Lewis, who had his eyes back upfield, couldn't see that he had fallen, so to blame the LB isn't 100% accurate. He still should have continued deeper into his drop before passing him off, though. You never want to turn a guy over that close to the enzone (unless someone springs wide-open underneath) without riding him back pretty much to the goal-line. That way safety (in theory, when he doesn't fall down) has him over the top, and if the LB plays to the goal line that cuts it off underneath it becomes a very difficult throw for the opposing QB to make.

Now if the safety help is laying on the ground at the 3 yard line, and the LB turns the receiver loose at the 5 yard line, then the result is a TD so wide open that even Sanchez and his hair band can hit it...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greenwood is supposed to be a special team beast so I imagine he would have at least played there.

Two different Greenwoods- You're talking about the OLB Cory Greenwood. The guy who was out is CB Chris Greenwood...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you drink a lot of kool-aid your poop will turn green.

I HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THE CONVERSATION!!!!!

Assuming its blue of course! WMU...... LeShoure looking faster got a lot of run on another thread here on SportsHoopla. I have no opinion on his foot speed personally as I didn't see him carry the ball on Friday. Since I didn't watch while he was in there. But I imagine he will be ahead of Bell when all is said and done.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warford played the most snaps of any Lion and he weighs like 350 so how could you not see him?

Muzzer didn't see him because he read that he was #3 on the preseason week one depth chart, and has thusly made up his mind that he sucks and is a bust.

See, Muzzer is a very jaded person, and when it comes to the Lions he thrives on even the smallest bit of negative info about our players so he can throw them, Schwartz, or Mayhew under the bus and say "I told you so" because that's a lot easier for him, apparently, than getting his hopes up and actually believing in our team or any of it's players.

Now a few of us get tired of his constant bitching and speak up, and you can see just how that results. The shitty part is that he loves the attention, so it's a lose-lose for us...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what i thought. Your comments have no basis and that's all you have left. Pathetic really.

He does that a lot. He doesn't know enough about the players not named Stafford, Suh or Megatron to keep up in any given debate, so he attempts to deflect and distract by discrediting whomever he's arguing with.

Maybe in his own mind (where he's a living legend and the smartest person in every conversation) that shit works, but I certainly see through it, and I'm sure pretty much everyone else involved does as well...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there such a thing as male menopause? 'Cause I'm pretty sure that Muzzer has it...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Thomas and Cody Wilson can go right now. QUOTE]
As much as I dislike MT and the lost draft pick, I think his play merits another week on the roster. Cody must be a long way off since he cannot even earn limited playing time. I do not see us cutting the roster down until close to the actual cut-down date.

Agreed, we're not going to start cutting guys until we have to, there's really no reason to. I'm betting that some of these guys who stepped up this week (Matt Willis, I'm looking at you) will get more time in practice and in next week's game running with the ones so we can see what they got against real defenses. We know what Megatron and Burleson can do, so I'd imagine some of their snaps will go to the 4th through 10th WRs to see who can perform against the 1st team defense...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mike Thomas is officially a long-shot now though... Willis has been getting good reviews in camp and played very well Friday. His biggest asset is his cover ability on special teams, too, so he's bumped Thomas out of the running for that 5th or 6th spot, imo. Durham, Schillens, Austin and Fuller are in that mix with Willis for those last two spots from the way it looks right now...

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am the biggest kool-aid drinker by far. i have been calling super bowl for about 2 months now.

it is not that i do not know we have problems. delmas is injury prone, the oline is unseasoned, and the OLBs are weak.

overall i am just in a place where i am sick and tired of focusing on the negative. it gets you no where and just ends up making you and everyone else miserable. so yeah bush is going to open up more 38 yard completions to stafford as reiff mitigates his mistakes while delmas beats the odds and stays healthy all year as we WIN THE SUPER BOWL BABY !!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
overall i am just in a place where i am sick and tired of focusing on the negative. it gets you no where and just ends up making you and everyone else miserable.
:agree:

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am the biggest kool-aid drinker by far. i have been calling super bowl for about 2 months now.

it is not that i do not know we have problems. delmas is injury prone, the oline is unseasoned, and the OLBs are weak.

overall i am just in a place where i am sick and tired of focusing on the negative. it gets you no where and just ends up making you and everyone else miserable. so yeah bush is going to open up more 38 yard completions to stafford as reiff mitigates his mistakes while delmas beats the odds and stays healthy all year as we WIN THE SUPER BOWL BABY !!

I am with you, but I think it will be next season instead of this one. 9-7or 8-8 this season. One more off season to draft OLB,OL,TE and WR talent.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OLB and WR jump to the top of that list, thndr, although a "joker" TE to go with Pettigrew (assuming Scheffler isn't re-signed) would be cool, too.

I think we're in pretty good shape along the o-line, depending on Rodney Austin's development at center. If we do draft o-line next year it had better be a fuggin center!

Looking at next offseason I see our biggest needs, in order being:
1.) OLB
2.) #2 WR (Nate is getting older and Broyles is a slot guy)
3.) Center
4.) TE (depending on who gets re-signed)
5.) CB (can't ever have enough good CBs)

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally i was hoping muzzer called me a kool aid drinker.

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OLB and WR jump to the top of that list, thndr, although a "joker" TE to go with Pettigrew (assuming Scheffler isn't re-signed) would be cool, too.

I think we're in pretty good shape along the o-line, depending on Rodney Austin's development at center. If we do draft o-line next year it had better be a fuggin center!

1.) OLB
3.) Center

I like your 5...here is my way-to-early 2014 Lions Mock:
2014 Lions Mock Draft 1.1 – CBS
1. (15)(5) Anthony Barr OLB UCLA reach +10 
2. (47)(40) Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington reach +7
3. (79)(72)
Kasen Williams WR Washington reach +7 
4. (111)(98) Tyler Larsen C Utah State reach +13
6. (180)(182) Bryn Renner QB North Carolina -2
7. (220)(218)
Isaiah Crowell RB Alabama State
UDFAs​
Jordan Love CB Towson
Zach Northern LS Baylor

Michael Schofield OT Michigan
Brandon Linder OG Miami (Fla.)
Isaiah Newsome FS Louisiana-Monroe
Byran Jones DT Arkansas
Terrance Bullitt OLB Texas Tech
DeDe Lattimore ILB South Florida
Sean Parker SS Washington​
Cassius Marsh DE UCLA​

Last edited by a moderator:

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1.) OLB
3.) Center

I am actually hoping for CJ Mosely or Marquis Lee. Either of those players will be able to get us over the hump.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your 5...here is my way-to-early 2014 Lions Mock:
2014 Lions Mock Draft 1.1 – CBS
1. (15)(5) Anthony Barr OLB UCLA reach +10 
2. (47)(40) Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington reach +7
3. (79)(72)