• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Week 1 vs. New York Jets

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also would be remiss if I didnt add this.

Did anyone see Warford? I didn't. I'm sure he was there, but I just didn't see him.....I saw Waddle, I didn't Warford......I saw Peterman (lmao) I didn't see Warford.

Warford played the most snaps of any Lion and he weighs like 350 so how could you not see him?

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bartel for sure, Green probably, Greenwood very unlikely. IMO, that is...
Greenwood is supposed to be a special team beast so I imagine he would have at least played there.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One word........WILLIE YOUNG.........oh thats 2 words......but he was the lion of the game for me.....he wrecked havoc all night. Ziggy had the highlight, but young was around the ball all night....

Seen reiff get beat a few time....seen him do good a few times....eh game

RT didnt get noticed for any bad plays...hilliard or fox

Holtz is gonna be gone quick.....t lewis should also...

Whitehead stays in skirmishes

Unknown recievers stepped up once CJ left...

Riddick needs to catch the ball..

Our LB's are weak...

And willie young rocked! And its not because he wears my number...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need a hug tonite? Come here big guy! Bring it in......
That's exactly what i thought. Your comments have no basis and that's all you have left. Pathetic really.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ziggy had the highlight, but young was around the ball all night....
I dunno man, I thought every D-linemen played great. Jones was even around the action a lot. And Suh/Fairley(if they stay healthy) may live up to Fairley's claim of best DTs in the league. Holy cow they looked awesome.

Riddick needs to catch the ball..
Was disappointed in his performance. He's better than that, so I wonder if it had to do with nerves or what. Either way, he's on the big stage now so he needs to overcome all of that. If not, dueces!

Our LB's are weak...
In pass coverage anyway. We are gonna get murdered in the middle of field and flats if they don't step up.

Like I said previously, I thought Martin did a wonderful job punting and with the kickoff duties(3 out of endzone). Loved seeing so many different blitz packages also. It wasn't all the time, but there were many mixed in at different times.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One word........WILLIE YOUNG.........oh thats 2 words......but he was the
lion of the game for me.....he wrecked havoc all night. Ziggy had the highlight,
but young was around the ball all night....

If you watch the play, Young actually forced Suchize to throw the ball sooner then he should have. Ziggy made a nice play on it, but Young really forced the play.

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word on the street is, he's much faster. I read it somewhere also.
All I have read is that they hope he recovers the speed that he had before the injury (Tim Twentyman) but that he has not shown that as of yet (Tim Twentyman).

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to start unloading some of these WR's right now so we can get a better look at the ones who might actually make the team. We have some guys stepping up but need more reps to separate themselves to see who deserves the spots. Mike Thomas and Cody Wilson can go right now. Fuller is destined for the practice squad with zero chance of making the final 53 and unless Spurlock is miles ahead of Miller and Edwards in the return game doesn't warrant a roster spot since he is of zero value as a WR.

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Thomas and Cody Wilson can go right now. QUOTE]
As much as I dislike MT and the lost draft pick, I think his play merits another week on the roster. Cody must be a long way off since he cannot even earn limited playing time. I do not see us cutting the roster down until close to the actual cut-down date.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I have read is that they hope he recovers the speed that he had before the injury (Tim Twentyman) but that he has not shown that as of yet (Tim Twentyman).

Huh,.... we must be reading different sources.

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh,.... we must be reading different sources.
OK I went back and re-read it and TT says, "Leshoure has looked a step faster this training camp than he did during the regular season last year, but still has to prove he can be the same player he looked like he was going to be before the Achilles tendon injury. Those first two weeks in training camp before the injury, he looked very good." So he may be faster than last year, but not as fast as 2 years ago. As far as his size...Leshoure says he lost 5 lbs from last year...hard to believe, he looks bigger.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start with you and TP....That makes two. It only takes two to make it plural.

So if we're "kool-aid drinkers" then what do we call the sorry old pricks who are jaded about everything in life and want everyone else to share their miserable, glass 95% empty outlook on our football team and our country in general?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit-flingers?

Bitches?

Irrelevant?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very objective about the Lions. I'll be waiting......

I'm also very objective, but apparently since I take the time to study up on all of the borderline, roster-bubble guys, that makes me a kool-aid drinker.

Heaven forbid I do any research and, gasp, read anything!

You guys all know Muzzer's take though- nobody ever learns anything by reading. The only way to know something about a player is to watch him once on Saturday or Sunday and then make a snap judgement based on that little bit of live action, and then never, ever change that opinion despite any "evidence" to the contrary. I mean come on, we should all know by now that sports writers, blogs, game tapes, high lights, low lights and statistics are all just part of the liberal's ploy to destroy the country...

:doh:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leshoure does not look faster to me but he does look bigger.

Interesting- he's actually playing 7 or 8 lbs lighter this year, per a piece I read on the Lions site.

Looks like Bell is ahead of him on the depth chart for now based on Friday's game though, so it's encouraging that the coaches aren't letting his draft status get in the way...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you drink a lot of kool-aid your poop will turn green.

I HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THE CONVERSATION!!!!!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Leshoure is the better rusher and Joique is the better overall back so it makes it more of a situational thing than a #2 and #3 thing. 10-10 game and Bush needs a rest you play Leshoure. We are down 17-10 you play Bell because you are more likely to rush less.
Nice. That's pretty insightful stuff, imo.

We've never had a RB by committee here in the D, so people are still pretty stuck on who's #1, #2, #3, etc...

But your post made me stop and think that that's exactly the direction we're headed, along with the bulk of the teams in the league. Reggie is clearly our #1 right now, but everyone behind him is more of a situational weapon than #'s 2 through 5 on the depth chart. I'm guessing that after Bush retires we'll be on the lookout for another speed back (if we haven't added on e by then) and transition to a full-on RB committee with no clear-cut #1 back. Most teams already have, save for the handful with true #1 backs.