• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game #2 Carolina Panthers @ NE Patriots Friday 8/19/2022 7:00 PM NFL Network

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense is fast and hits. They pretty much shut down the Panthers all around. Bill and the staff will agonize over cutting any of them.

The offense, especially the starters need to play at least a full half next week. It took them three series to begin to look like they were even ready to start playing. Then the rotation started and most of them were spectators. Zappe had a rough start, just like last week.. Maybe BB should start him against the Raiders for the first quarter, bring in Mac for the second and third and let Hoyer finish. Unless it's a shootout and the offense is really clicking.

There's a two week break after next week. Hopefully it's not too long.
That's why I wanted to see the starters in for a few series in preseason game one.

Hopefully they get enough plays in during game 3? Take the two weeks to work on those things that just aren't clicking yet.

D is looking good.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyquan will be placed on the IR list and will miss at least the first eight games. He'll be fed high grade calcium and bulk protein and hoprfully put on 10-15 lbs.

Kristian Wilkerson may also be put on the same list with a concussion.

That opens two spots immediately for Tre Nixon and Lil'Humprhey Jordan. If these two guys break out, Thorton and Wilkerson could spend the rest of the year on IR and both could bilk up a bit.

Right now, Kendrick Bourne appears to be on the proverbial bubble.
1661076649094.png

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legit Question: The defensive front 7 looked great or is the Carolina o line really really bad?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How have they played against the Patriots in the past? Good reason that they weren't playing against them last night.
So because they played poorly in the past against mostly different players they shouldn't be playing to get better? You may well replied "Blue, the answer is blue."

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because they played poorly in the past against mostly different players they shouldn't be playing to get better? You may well replied "Blue, the answer is blue."
You seem to have all of the answers, so why aren't you telling us why.

Considering only one can be the starter, why are two of them being held out?

Since all of the starters played, why not the "back-up"? It's pretty much a forgone conclusion that Mayfield will be the starter, so why not see what Darnold can do against the Patriots' back-ups?

You're so quick to throw shit on other people's posts yet you add nothing. You're a forum troll. That's why half of the Patriots Forum have you on "Ignore".

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since all of the starters played, why not the "back-up"? It's pretty much a forgone conclusion that Mayfield will be the starter, so why not see what Darnold can do against the Patriots' back-ups?

You're so quick to throw shit on other people's posts yet you add nothing. You're a forum troll. That's why half of the Patriots Forum have you on "Ignore".
I replied to you and another poster regarding judgements made about our defense against backups. That seems like a fair response of which you could have simply replied "true". Instead you respond defensively with a comment that is completely not relevant. I did reply with a slightly snarky reply, but only about 2 on a scale of 10.

This is a discussion board. It's really not my fault you come here to preach your football knowledge, then post little of it. The thing is, I've read enough of you through the years to see you are quite knowledgeable about football. But so are others. So post what you post, then be open to discuss it.

As far as me adding nothing, I'll let my hoop stats speak for themselves. For the record, you may post 4 times more than me but my likes to posts ratio is significantly higher than yours.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The answer is simple.
The Panthers did not want to sacrifice either players hopes against a dominant defense when they are not ready.

You think the Pats D was tough on 3rd string? Imagine how they would tee off against the #1's

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is simple.
The Panthers did not want to sacrifice either players hopes against a dominant defense when they are not ready.

You think the Pats D was tough on 3rd string? Imagine how they would tee off against the #1's
That's my point. We were left imaging how good the D was instead of actually seeing it. I'm not putting them down, I'm only pointing out we don't know what that performance really means.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense is fast and hits. They pretty much shut down the Panthers all around. Bill and the staff will agonize over cutting any of them.

The offense, especially the starters need to play at least a full half next week. It took them three series to begin to look like they were even ready to start playing. Then the rotation started and most of them were spectators. Zappe had a rough start, just like last week.. Maybe BB should start him against the Raiders for the first quarter, bring in Mac for the second and third and let Hoyer finish. Unless it's a shootout and the offense is really clicking.

There's a two week break after next week. Hopefully it's not too long.

I was in MA this weekend and got to see the game. I know Zappe has a lot of work to do but I kinda like the kid a lot. He's exciting and he doesn't get rattled. BB is giving him some nice opportunities so I'm assuming he likes what he sees for a rookie fourth rounder.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in MA this weekend and got to see the game. I know Zappe has a lot of work to do but I kinda like the kid a lot. He's exciting and he doesn't get rattled. BB is giving him some nice opportunities so I'm assuming he likes what he sees for a rookie fourth rounder.
Agreed I too like him

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely growing on me. And even though he's going against 2nd and 3rd stringers.... they are still much better football players than what he faced in college. He can be a solid backup.

I'm probably wearing my red, white, and blue colored glasses right now but I think with a lot of hard work and a year or two as a clipboard holder he might possibly be starter material. There's a lot that has to align for him but but he just seems to have that extra intangible that could push him further than a Hoyer or a Stidham.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely growing on me. And even though he's going against 2nd and 3rd stringers.... they are still much better football players than what he faced in college. He can be a solid backup.
Agreed as a rookie we all know he has to 1. Learn our playbook 2. Read NFL defenses 3. Adjust to the speed of the game 4. Be poised.

I think a year or two with a QB coach he will be fine, just fine.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might end up a starter. Broke all the records in college in a big way. Who knows how good he'll get?