• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Posted land

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I am so bummed out. I have hunted the same piece of land for 10+ years. It is about 5 mins from my house. The old man died last year and his kid had seen me plenty of times. I always brought some venison to the old man and he was over joyed.

I stopped by tonight and saw the kid (He is like 40ish) and said Hey as normal. He walked up to me with is head down and I knew it was not good. He told me no more hunting on his land that his insurance company told him not to allow hunters.

I immediately informed him that there was a legal document provided by the state environmental dept that I would sign and he would not be liable for anything that happens to me while hunting his land.

He still declined.

10 years of great hunting and awesome runs down the drain.

I am truly bummed out.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear that. I lost my turkey hunting grounds 'cause I couldn't afford to buy the 200 acres and those who did are turkey hunters.

I have new ground this spring though....hope you find another spot.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My father-in-law did something similar when he inherited land from his dad. There was a guy that would visit his father regularly and his father gave only this person permission to hunt on his land (300 acres) but when his father passed away my father-in-law told him he can't hunt there any more and told me i was the only person allowed to hunt there, well me and whoever i bring anyway. i don't hunt by myself.

Sorry to hear that hope you find something soon.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he got a lease from another hunter. Sucks...

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I am so bummed out. I have hunted the same piece of land for 10+ years. It is about 5 mins from my house. The old man died last year and his kid had seen me plenty of times. I always brought some venison to the old man and he was over joyed.

I stopped by tonight and saw the kid (He is like 40ish) and said Hey as normal. He walked up to me with is head down and I knew it was not good. He told me no more hunting on his land that his insurance company told him not to allow hunters.

I immediately informed him that there was a legal document provided by the state environmental dept that I would sign and he would not be liable for anything that happens to me while hunting his land.

He still declined.

10 years of great hunting and awesome runs down the drain.

I am truly bummed out.

I truly doubt this guy went to his insurance company to get that advise. Smells like he has other motives or just wants to be a dick. That sucks. Sorry to that dude. You would think he would have had some compassion considering you were generous and kind to his old man. Shame.:scratch:

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can guarantee it had nothing to do with insurance companies but I guess it doesn't matter. I feel bad for you but this is what happens if you don't own the land. Leasing is not any more secure. Save your money, buy some dirt and you'll never have to worry again