• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Trade deadline thoughts

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pleased with the moves:

1. We kept the farm players. We are looking long term as well as the now and thats what I like about the front office. We gave up nothing for the players we got in regards to talent.

2. We addressed the bullpen. We got a set up pitcher and a talented lefty. They are both good pitchers.

3. We got two solid starters. I like the Wood acquisition because he is a good lefty who will be with us for a few years (hopefully) Latos is good and he is pitching extremely well right now.

I am not sure if we make any August deals but if we can get more relief pitching, we should. The Cardinals taught that championships can be won with an elite bullpen. They are the best team in baseball and added 2 relief pitchers. Glad to see us mirror the elite teams for once.

All in all, I am pleased with what we did. We still have our problems like everyone else but we addressed our two biggest holes. Now if we can only get our offense going on a consistent basis.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last thing, did anyone what the deal between the Indians and us was? I am assuming it involved Carasco?? I wonder if it will be revisited in August.

Latest On Alex Wood - MLB Trade Rumors

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are just rumors. Carlos Carrasco would've been awesome to get, though.

Anyways, I agree with you on everything.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, Latos looks comfortable out there doesn't he? He just keeps building momentum on the mound.