• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Pre-Season Game 2 QB Poll

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a 3rd scenario
what if Denver is 8-9? then what? mediocre backup QB and a mediocre record

is Vic here ?
I would say no matter the record the coaching staff will be evaluated. That evaluation will determine their future. Part of the evaluation is record.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Vic - I believe he is held in higher regard within NFL coaching circles than he is by the general public, especially Broncos fans.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Fangio - a lot and I think he has this football team ready to go out and prove it.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fangio survives the year barring a horrible year. Paton stated part of the reason he came to Denver was Fangio, I believe that will buy him the ability to complete his contract. Shurmur has to prove he can get the offense functioning at a high level.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shurmur said “we can win with both QBs” so let’s go with the lame duck QB.

don’t say that say Teddy played better than Drew and won the QB competition or say we are being myoptic and only care about the first 4 games of the season.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shurmur said “we can win with both QBs” so let’s go with the lame duck QB.

don’t say that say Teddy played better than Drew and won the QB competition or say we are being myoptic and only care about the first 4 games of the season.
My gut says that the coaching staff has a plan. I don't know what that is, but I wouldn't write of Lock just yet. If we get week 10-12 and Lock has not played then time to start writing has probably began. It might be just wishful thinking, but I think Fangio and Shurmur know that to actually complete with the best teams in the NFL they will need more dynamic play then Teddy may be capable of.

I will say I really hope both Teddy and Drew play well tonight. If Teddy comes out and stinks up the joint it is going to be a long 2 weeks until weeke 1.

JuTang

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Bridgewater and Lock look like strong QBs with their preseason play.

As long as Bridgewater still maintains the same aggression as he did in the preseason the Broncos offense should do quite well.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a 3rd scenario
what if Denver is 8-9? then what? mediocre backup QB and a mediocre record

is Vic here ?
I seriously think that is something discussed in the front office at the end of the season. I don't think an excuse of "mediocre QB play" saves Fangio.

And then is Shurmur safe? Does Fangio want to put his job on the line with year 4 and either OC who hasn't done well or new OC that is an unknown?

Both Bridgewater and Lock look like strong QBs with their preseason play.

As long as Bridgewater still maintains the same aggression as he did in the preseason the Broncos offense should do quite well.
Broncos consistently played their 1s against other teams 2s so preseason might not be the best indicator.

JuTang

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously think that is something discussed in the front office at the end of the season. I don't think an excuse of "mediocre QB play" saves Fangio.

And then is Shurmur safe? Does Fangio want to put his job on the line with year 4 and either OC who hasn't done well or new OC that is an unknown?

Broncos consistently played their 1s against other teams 2s so preseason might not be the best indicator.
While it's true and does need a tamp down some of the enthusiasm, the fact that the defense never gave up a touchdown in the preseason (all units) and the 1st and second string offenses scored touchdowns with regular frequency shows a lot of promise.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it's true and does need a tamp down some of the enthusiasm, the fact that the defense never gave up a touchdown in the preseason (all units) and the 1st and second string offenses scored touchdowns with regular frequency shows a lot of promise.
Welcome Tang