• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Position Battles: Quarterbacks

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incumbents:

Alex Smith
Aaron Murray
Tyler Bray

Draftee:

5th: Kevin Hogan

Going to be interesting who gets bumped out of Bray and Murray. Alex is obviously the starter.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Murray #2, Hogan Project, Bray cut.

Bray is one of those low risk-high reward guys but its now or never in preseason for him. Murray and Hogan both seem to fit a mold and both were drafted. Bray was UDFA and always a project.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naturally as soon as I announce that Bray will get cut, Reid is heard saying that he is the #2 currently. Bray/Murray is probably the most interesting competition on the whole team because the loser is likely cut and the winner is one hit away from being the QB. All about that upside with Bray but I figured that Murray had the lead. Guess not.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naturally as soon as I announce that Bray will get cut, Reid is heard saying that he is the #2 currently. Bray/Murray is probably the most interesting competition on the whole team because the loser is likely cut and the winner is one hit away from being the QB. All about that upside with Bray but I figured that Murray had the lead. Guess not.
It is curious for the reasons you said. I figured Bray getting an extension indicated they weren't sold on Murray being ahead of him, but having Bray as the #2 was pretty surprising even at this early stage in OTA's.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Bray splitting snaps with Foles, it increasingly appears that Murray is definitely one of the odd men out at QB. As for Hogan and Bray... anyone's guess.

1. Smith
2. Foles
3. ?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Bray splitting snaps with Foles, it increasingly appears that Murray is definitely one of the odd men out at QB. As for Hogan and Bray... anyone's guess.

1. Smith
2. Foles
3. ?
The gist I'm hearing is that its:

1. Smith
2. Bray 2a. Foles

Murray pretty much has to be done. If Maclin or ArrowheadPride can't make out if Bray or Foles has taken the lead and Reid came out and says that he like Foles experience then they might as well cut Murray now and let the guy try and make some other team.

I think that puts Hogan on the spot, too. Id hate for him to be a sunk cost so soon but he looks like he is off to the practice squad unless he shows something quickly. Chiefs probably didn't count on Foles when they drafted Hogan but I think everyone will be seeing a lot of him until the final cut.