• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Plenty of Romo bashing I see

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Romo has been a good qb every season except when the games have mattered most. Football is the Ultimate team sport and wins and loses don't fall on one guys shoulders, but at some point the leader of the team has to find a way to create an atmosphere that is conducive to winning. Throwing multiple INT's and game losing INT's in the 4th qtr aint the way to create that winning environment. Guys play harder in the 4th for the elite qb....why cause the believe he's going to get it done."

GAME WINNING DRIVES 4TH QUARTER COMEBACKS

ROMO 22 19

STAUBACH 23 15

AIKMAN 21 16

I know that Romo has lost plenty but I would say he is pretty good company as far as Cowboy QB's go
and by the way the record is held by Payton with 51 and 40.

Not bagging on ya Snook and I agree with your statement but the choke BS is a little thick this week from all over. Romo has made major mistakes no doubt.

JMHO and some football stats from profootball.com

Colors what you posted is a fact and I'm well aware of it.....That's why I was hesitant in posting that. As I thought about it I choose to use When it matters most(basing that statement on basically his playoff record and Those late December games trying to get into the playoffs). Romo In my opionion has been the 3rd or 4th best qb in this franchise. I love Romo as a player but, it's like rooting for Charlie Brown...lol I remember being a young kid watching that cartoon you knew Lucy would dupe him every time when he tried to kick the ball. I always thought to my self this time he's going to get it and bam she got him again. I was all in on Romo this season like always. Stats vs the eye test is what it boils down to know....I can't trust him anymore:suds:

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colors what you posted is a fact and I'm well aware of it.....That's why I was hesitant in posting that. As I thought about it I choose to use When it matters most(basing that statement on basically his playoff record and Those late December games trying to get into the playoffs). Romo In my opionion has been the 3rd or 4th best qb in this franchise. I love Romo as a player but, it's like rooting for Charlie Brown...lol I remember being a young kid watching that cartoon you knew Lucy would dupe him every time when he tried to kick the ball. I always thought to my self this time he's going to get it and bam she got him again. I was all in on Romo this season like always. Stats vs the eye test is what it boils down to know....I can't trust him anymore:suds:

Snook I get what your saying and Charlie Brown is about as accurate about Romo as anything I have read. Somehow the guy is just frigging snakebite at the exact wrong time and its only amplified by being the Cowboys QB. I have not given up hope but it is time to look really hard in the draft for the replacement we are going to need in a couple of years. I just hope that Jerry does plenty of research and picks a solid kid. To bad we lost Tanney to Cleveland I liked that kid but Que Sera Sera

Time to look forward to beating the Redskins

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning is a cure all for sure. I guess i'm more frustrated with my self more than I am with Romo. Somehow I convinced my self that we would win 2 playoff games this season. Now that i'm out of the Matrix I just have a bad taste in my mouth. We still have a chance though.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning is a cure all for sure. I guess i'm more frustrated with my self more than I am with Romo. Somehow I convinced my self that we would win 2 playoff games this season. Now that i'm out of the Matrix I just have a bad taste in my mouth. We still have a chance though.

My argument is it's not just Romo why this team is unlikely to win s playoff game. It's Jerry, JG, Callahan, Kiffin, and about 40 of the players. There are too many problems as there has been for awhile.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should add classless along with clueless. There you go again trashing other Cowboy fans just because they don't agree with you or have a different opinion. Your one of the 4 reasons many of the espn posted never came over here.

lol....look at you reaching again
Do as you say and not as you do

whats the matter blue? slamming 4 different people not enough for you? Do you go through this board looking for any post from the bad guys?

Newflash for your clueless ass....everyone tried to post here and some couldn't handle the rules. And then there are other butt hurt posters who hide behind a new name and carry butt hurt feelings from opinions stated years ago. Guess we know which one you are here.

Gee I miss trs, nate, reptec and billy bad boy from Louisiana............guess you do too.

ONWARD

Last edited by a moderator:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My argument is it's not just Romo why this team is unlikely to win s playoff game. It's Jerry, JG, Callahan, Kiffin, and about 40 of the players. There are too many problems as there has been for awhile.

That's a true statement :gaah:

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Romo has been a good qb every season except when the games have mattered most. Football is the Ultimate team sport and wins and loses don't fall on one guys shoulders, but at some point the leader of the team has to find a way to create an atmosphere that is conducive to winning. Throwing multiple INT's and game losing INT's in the 4th qtr aint the way to create that winning environment. Guys play harder in the 4th for the elite qb....why cause the believe he's going to get it done."

GAME WINNING DRIVES 4TH QUARTER COMEBACKS

ROMO 22 19

STAUBACH 23 15

AIKMAN 21 16

I know that Romo has lost plenty but I would say he is pretty good company as far as Cowboy QB's go
and by the way the record is held by Payton with 51 and 40.

Not bagging on ya Snook and I agree with your statement but the choke BS is a little thick this week from all over. Romo has made major mistakes no doubt.

JMHO and some football stats from profootball.com

All of that is fine and dandy, he's had some good comeback wins in his career. The only problem with that is, none of those have come with the season on the line or in the playoffs. Romo can't seem to pull those comebacks out when its win or go home, and most of them end with an INT. He's just not a pressure QB, he folds like a knife when the pressure is on when it matters most. Until he wins a few of those late season win and get in games, he will always be known as the guy who melts when the pressure is high.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of that is fine and dandy, he's had some good comeback wins in his career. The only problem with that is, none of those have come with the season on the line or in the playoffs. Romo can't seem to pull those comebacks out when its win or go home, and most of them end with an INT. He's just not a pressure QB, he folds like a knife when the pressure is on when it matters most. Until he wins a few of those late season win and get in games, he will always be known as the guy who melts when the pressure is high.

oh I understand the perception and true or not perception is reality among the masses

I do hope he gets the 10000 pound gorilla off his back

But the statement of with the season on the line is incorrect Romo and the Cowboys beat Philly the get into the playoffs in 2009. just saying

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh I understand the perception and true or not perception is reality among the masses

I do hope he gets the 10000 pound gorilla off his back

But the statement of with the season on the line is incorrect Romo and the Cowboys beat Philly the get into the playoffs in 2009. just saying

Actually that game against Philly wasn't a win or go home game, the loser got the wildcard. Now he did win the first playoff game, but that's one game out of many.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your the qb of the most popular football team in the world you can't be mediocre with a track record of losing the games that matter most...You just can't. Romo has been a good qb every season except when the games have mattered most. Football is the Ultimate team sport and wins and loses don't fall on one guys shoulders, but at some point the leader of the team has to find a way to create an atmosphere that is conducive to winning. Throwing multiple INT's and game losing INT's in the 4th qtr aint the way to create that winning environment. Guys play harder in the 4th for the elite qb....why cause the believe he's going to get it done. There's always confusion and miss communication with the Cowboys late in the game. Could it be a reflection of the leader and signal caller?

there are 52 players on the team and this loss sits squarely on the shoulders of the DEFENSE not on Romo. you score 36 points you are suppose to win 99% of the time. this "diarrhea" defense that JJ in his infinte wisdom has saddle us with could not stop a high school offense but if it makes y'all feel better to blame Romo go for it.

all i can think is that thank god it wasn't Rodgers on the field or the Packers would have scored 90 points

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are 52 players on the team and this loss sits squarely on the shoulders of the DEFENSE not on Romo. you score 36 points you are suppose to win 99% of the time. this "diarrhea" defense that JJ in his infinte wisdom has saddle us with could not stop a high school offense but if it makes y'all feel better to blame Romo go for it.

all i can think is that thank god it wasn't Rodgers on the field or the Packers would have scored 90 points

There are actually 54 players on the roster, and I agree the defense gets a large portion of the blame. With that said you cannot exclude Romo from blame. He threw 2 picks with the game on the line knowing his defense couldn't stop a nose bleed. He audibled out of run plays even though his running back hadn't been stopped all day. He underthrew Dez Bryant at least twice and overthrew him at least once on what would have been back breaking TDs. IMO the Cowboys should have had 35 to 40 points in the first half. Romo was horrible on third down, and was just lucky there weren't more than 2 picks. Yes the defense was horrible and gave up the points, but Romo was given two chances to put the game away, and he choked on both.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry. I think that's as wrong as wrong can be. This sport remains all about team and group. Romo remains a large part of the meltdowns. Other people, coaches and players may have a larger part but Tony does not escape. Not last Sunday, not ever IMO