• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Please rank these players . . .

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disregarding salary and length of contract. i.e. you have them for one year and you have yet to acquire any other players for your team.

Jimmy Butler
Kyrie Irving
Paul George
Isaiah Thomas

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disregarding salary and length of contract. i.e. you have them for one year and you have yet to acquire any other players for your team.

Jimmy Butler
Kyrie Irving
Paul George
Isaiah Thomas

Easy decision. Butler or PG-13. Both are great two way players. I would lean towards George though

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jimmy Butler
Kyrie Irving
Paul George
Isaiah Thomas

Isaiah Thomas
Jimmy Butler
Kyrie Irving
Paul George

I honestly think Cleveland won that trade hands down, however, Boston is still my favorite in the East.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy decision. Butler or PG-13. Both are great two way players. I would lean towards George though

Yeah, I had Butler at the top of the list but I was roundly criticized by my C's loving friends so I began to question myself.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isaiah Thomas
Jimmy Butler
Kyrie Irving
Paul George

I honestly think Cleveland won that trade hands down, however, Boston is still my favorite in the East.

Any list with IT at the top is a fraud unless you don't care about defense. I'm sorry

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isaiah Thomas
Jimmy Butler
Kyrie Irving
Paul George

I don't think there is any doubt the Cavs made a better deal than the Celtics. Especially given the bind Kyrie put them in.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any list with IT at the top is a fraud unless you don't care about defense. I'm sorry

Well the OP states that I don't have ANYONE on my team yet. I need a scorer. IT is that scorer. I can get defensive players at some other time. I'd want to make sure I get that 26-28 PPG before I worry about my defense. I can get a decent defender later, I might not be able to get a decent shooter later.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler
Thomas
George
Irving

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the OP states that I don't have ANYONE on my team yet. I need a scorer. IT is that scorer. I can get defensive players at some other time. I'd want to make sure I get that 26-28 PPG before I worry about my defense. I can get a decent defender later, I might not be able to get a decent shooter later.

In Butler or George you get both. They aren't going to score at the level of IT or Kyrie, but they both more than make up the difference on the defensive end.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Butler or George you get both. They aren't going to score at the level of IT or Kyrie, but they both more than make up the difference on the defensive end.

I had a hard time deciding between Butler and Thomas. Butler and Thomas aren't THAT far apart when it comes to blocks, steals and assists. Rebounding, Butler obviously has the advantage there. But I can make up the margin of defensive stats between Butler and Thomas by getting a decent C and/or PF. I also don't want someone in my locker room that I know has cornered their team into getting traded. Not good character attributes. Butler and Thomas are leaders, George and Irving are not good leaders or have never been able to lead a team anywhere. Thomas arguably changed that entire team since he joined Boston as a full-time starter.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George...

Butler...

Irving...

Thomas....
+1

I could see some reasonable disagreement within this set... but IT should 100% be at the bottom, because of his height and the liability that makes him on defense.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1

I could see some reasonable disagreement within this set... but IT should 100% be at the bottom, because of his height and the liability that makes him on defense.

I'd rather have his scoring and pick up some defensive talent at a later time. He's the best shooter on that list. You can get better defense than either Butler or George elsewhere.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have his scoring and pick up some defensive talent at a later time. He's the best shooter on that list. You can get better defense than either Butler or George elsewhere.
I don't agree with your thinking... the difference in offensive ability on the above list is relatively small, but the difference in defensive ability is relatively big.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a hard time deciding between Butler and Thomas. Butler and Thomas aren't THAT far apart when it comes to blocks, steals and assists. Rebounding, Butler obviously has the advantage there. But I can make up the margin of defensive stats between Butler and Thomas by getting a decent C and/or PF. I also don't want someone in my locker room that I know has cornered their team into getting traded. Not good character attributes. Butler and Thomas are leaders, George and Irving are not good leaders or have never been able to lead a team anywhere. Thomas arguably changed that entire team since he joined Boston as a full-time starter.

You do know that defense rarely ever turns up to a tangible stat like steals or blocks right?

Like it's insane to think that you're comparing defensive abilities of Butler and Thomas based on stats. I'm literally at a loss for words right now trying to convey how absurd that is.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on pure talent i agree on this list.

the funny thing is- that Isiah Thomas seems to be the only one on this list who is a leader of men.

I agree but that leadership factor is a bit hit or miss with me. I agree that it's necessary to have it on your team, I don't think its necessary though for it to come through your best player. So for this particular exercise, with a blank canvas and starting a team from scratch and one of these guys would be your foundational piece, I have Thomas last only because there's less I believe I could do with him scheme wise.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but that leadership factor is a bit hit or miss with me. I agree that it's necessary to have it on your team, I don't think its necessary though for it to come through your best player. So for this particular exercise, with a blank canvas and starting a team from scratch and one of these guys would be your foundational piece, I have Thomas last only because there's less I believe I could do with him scheme wise.
id def have IT last too

There just seems to be something off with Butler and George and their willingness to take responsbility as "the man"----

And- then their is Kyrie who is bat shit crazy (but wonderfully talented).