• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff thread

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
20 years since we could discuss the Pirates chances in the playoffs and nobody wants to start a thread about it?

Losers.

I love everyone.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Pirates organization on snapping the string and making the post season. Your fans seem like classy people, unlike some of the fans of the other team you are tied with, and I hope you can make it to the final 4. Of course if we meet, my well wishing won't be as strong then.

Again, Congrats and good luck the rest of the season........

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first 3(vs the reds) gonna decide home field in the wc game(almost certainly) , number 4 gonna be one and done, kinda crazy but I'll take it :D

Play 4, the last one is the only one that really counts, guess the schedule makes it super weird.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
but you want mo and a hot pitcher in game 4.
mo will come from the first 3 games and the hot pitcher probably doestn pitch the first 3 either.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must be greedy & negative but its great that we made the postseason... I'm worried that PNC will still not have seen a playoff game when all is said & done though. There has been a ton of choking over the past week & it almost happened again last night.

Melancon needs to get drunk some night or something... He's like a deer in the headlights right now. He needs to relax a bit.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I was in the wrong forum for a sec when I saw this thread.

Old habits die hard.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go with greedy and positive...we go on a hot streak and take this damn division.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Liriano is on pace to start the WC game, although I'd rather have AJ or Charlie at this point.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Liriano is on pace to start the WC game, although I'd rather have AJ or Charlie at this point.

AJ pitches very well against the Reds specifically. I would probably go with him. He's also kind of a leader in the clubhouse, and I think the team would be a little extra amped up to play behind him in that game.

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Liriano is my choice for sure. The reds are too lefty oriented and liriano is having the best season ever against lefties.

I think that we don't necessarily want a home game. I saw how tight the pirates got when they were playing in important games and i'm afraid that having a single game playoff at pnc would be too much. Everybody would be blowing loads all over the place. It would be worse than game 7 of the world series for us. I would rather get it out of the way on the road.

Of course we have pretty good odds that this will be the only playoff game, but i'm not gonna be mad if that is the case. We gave up nothing that we're going to miss in getting here. Next year we'll reinforce the roster with a few blue-chip prospects. This is the new reality.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liriano is my choice for sure. The reds are too lefty oriented and liriano is having the best season ever against lefties.

I think that we don't necessarily want a home game. I saw how tight the pirates got when they were playing in important games and i'm afraid that having a single game playoff at pnc would be too much. Everybody would be blowing loads all over the place. It would be worse than game 7 of the world series for us. I would rather get it out of the way on the road.

Of course we have pretty good odds that this will be the only playoff game, but i'm not gonna be mad if that is the case. We gave up nothing that we're going to miss in getting here. Next year we'll reinforce the roster with a few blue-chip prospects. This is the new reality.

That is a good point about playing tight in front of the hometown fans. It would be awesome to see them take two of the first three though, and get that first playoff game in PNC park history. I'd like to be at home in some respects because if that start ends up being Liriano, then the park plays to his advantage more than Cinci's.

Either way, this is pretty damn cool to be talking about post-season and Pirates in a long time

Now just beat Cinci :hope:

26 elroy face

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm still in disbelief that Hurdle sat out three players Wednesday. Anyway if we can split the first two I like our chances with Cole pitching game three.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Charlie has been fantastic... The last dozen starts for him... he has found another gear He has 8 quality starts in his last 10 times toeing the rubber.

Go Charlie Go

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Since the break Morton has struck out 3 batters for every walk he has issued and he is giving up just under a hit per inning.. he is rock solid across the stat line and his peripherals are strong... His 3.12 era since the break looks pretty nice also. Decent K rate also.. 60 strikeouts in 80 innings pitched since the break.

Morton needs to feel our love guys..

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice getting that first win of the series out of the way. Now the pressure is firmly against the reds as they're forced to win two straight if they want home field Tuesday night.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
playoff schedule
tues (H): liriano (5 days rest, hope he's not too rested making slider and change ineffective)
thurs (A): burnett (5 days rest)
fri (A): cole (9 days rest)
sun (H): liriano (4 days rest)
mon(H): burnett (3 days rest) or morton (8 days rest)
wed (A): Cole (5 days rest), burnett (4 days rest)

looks like we have to pitch morton one game unless we pitch burnett on 3 day rest instead of usual 4.

too bad we dont have locke as cards are terrible against lefties. wonder if they will keep him in hte BP, or just go with their BP people plus pimentel that are used to BP.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Liriano much more at home than in that bandbox in Cincy.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
playoff schedule
tues (H): liriano (5 days rest, hope he's not too rested making slider and change ineffective)
thurs (A): burnett (5 days rest)
fri (A): cole (9 days rest)
sun (H): liriano (4 days rest)
mon(H): burnett (3 days rest) or morton (8 days rest)
wed (A): Cole (5 days rest), burnett (4 days rest)

looks like we have to pitch morton one game unless we pitch burnett on 3 day rest instead of usual 4.

too bad we dont have locke as cards are terrible against lefties. wonder if they will keep him in hte BP, or just go with their BP people plus pimentel that are used to BP.

I wish they would consider Morton on Sunday in this scenario and that would give Liriano and AJ an extra day of rest..

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
liriano would pitch sunday on his usual rest, but it is burnett that is going on the short rest.

it could be that the series score dictates. if we are up 2-0, maybe we pitch morton in game 3 or 4.
or if burnett is terrible in game 1 and cole is awesome in game 2, we go with morton on monday and cole on wed.
should be fun to watch hurdle play chess here (not his best skill set though)