• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PLAYOFF QB

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Murray is your best option out of those 3. Like you said, he has the rushing yards to pad his stats.

That said, I wouldn't be expecting much. Steelers defense is dominating right now... Stealing these stats from a tweet I posted in another thread... Over the last 10 games:
  • Steelers rank 1st in the NFL in takeaways (28)
  • 1st in QB hits (78)
  • 1st in passes defended (65)
  • 2nd in interceptions (15)
  • 2nd in sacks (38)
  • 1st in forced fumbles (17)
  • 1st in fumbe recoveries (13)
  • T-3rd in defensive TDs (3)
And they have proved they can travel. Against SF they registered 7 turnovers, and 2 against LAC. I'll admit the Steelers are due for a letdown game, but this defense is playing championship caliber ball.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks @FaCe-LeE-uS - I know they have been quite awesome and ARI oline sucks which is why I'm very concerned with them. ... kind of boils sown to trust the talented rook or the proven vet. 49ers are like 1st in most every defensive category but NO line is much, much better than the Cards. .... both are at home so no advantage either way there.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks @FaCe-LeE-uS - I know they have been quite awesome and ARI oline sucks which is why I'm very concerned with them. ... kind of boils sown to trust the talented rook or the proven vet. 49ers are like 1st in most every category but NO line is much, much better than the Cards. .... both are at home so no advantage either way there.
Yea I'm not seeing anything by way of Brees that gives me confidence today. Big time game, and wouldn't be surprised if he shows up in terms of FF points, but its a risky start. Much riskier than starting Murray.

Call me crazy, but Dalton is starting to seem more appealing out of the 3 lol.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to give you Tranny....

I'd go Murray. That Niners D is just too good for what Brees is today. If he gets a couple scores, I'd be somewhat surprised. Murray may not be the guy you want to depend on yet, but his ability makes him a threat no matter who he plays

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So out of those 3 Imma go Murray. Who else is on tWire besides Dalton?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to give you Tranny....
I'd go Murray. That Niners D is just too good for what Brees is today. If he gets a couple scores, I'd be somewhat surprised. Murray may not be the guy you want to depend on yet, but his ability makes him a threat no matter who he plays
Yea - I know you did and I probably should have taken your 2nd offer - was just too hardheaded to give up the late pick without getting a later one back (even though it's unlikely I'd use it anyway). .... but that's water under the dam at this point. ... thanks for the input as Murray is in there now and unless someone talks me out of it, he'll remain. ...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So out of those 3 Imma go Murray. Who else is on tWire besides Dalton?
It's a dynasty league so the kid from PIT is the best out there. .... BTW - drafted Murray in the 1st last yr so maybe it's time for him the prove it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a dynasty league so the kid from PIT is the best out there. .... BTW - drafted Murray in the 1st last yr so maybe it's time for him the prove it.
I'm using Murray in a league, my other option was Josh Allen. Neither give confidence.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a dynasty league so the kid from PIT is the best out there. ....

Ya know, I'm gonna change my answer just a bit. I think Brees at home would be the safer bet if yer looking fer safe. I think Murray has the higher ceiling but if the rest of yer team can carry you then I start Brees.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK you MBBRL'ers, @TREFF @Bandit @tlance @SmokingMonkey @Yellow Fuzzies, @Barilko @FaCe-LeE-uS etc. Crappy matchup in the 1st RD of playoffs. Murray vs PIT, Brees vs 49ers. The only other option I have is Dalton. Leaning Murray at this point based on primarily on rushing ability. ....

I would take Murray.

SF is just too good against the pass. Brees might have a usable day, but the ceiling is too low.

And Dalton?

His matchup isn’t great either. He could have a good game, but way too risky for me.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Murray.
SF is just too good against the pass. Brees might have a usable day, but the ceiling is too low.
And Dalton?
His matchup isn’t great either. He could have a good game, but way too risky for me.
Thanks T. ..... seems to be more Murray than not. ....

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, I'm gonna change my answer just a bit. I think Brees at home would be the safer bet if yer looking fer safe. I think Murray has the higher ceiling but if the rest of yer team can carry you then I start Brees.
I've got good options at the other positions, but he has Winston (who could be really, really good, average or just bad) so I almost feel like I need to go ceiling (and hope for the average or bad outta Winston) vs going the 'safer' route. ....

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is there a player on your squad that you can drop that really isnt in your future plans
i know Hodges isnt however you want to win a playoff game maybe risk it

i know a ranking like this doesnt seem right Hodges over Brees and Murray but...

and if ya play a hunch well it has to be your hunch

me i go Brees even when logic says no
this is a potential homefield advantage tiebreaker and some how i think Brees finds a way to win be it Thomas or a dump off to Kam

either choice is a capped ceiling....

Always listen to T not B

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and of course the ancient one tosses two first quarter bombs to Cook, the forgotten man until I face him in two separate playoff matchups.

Fml

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... Brees shows up. 3 TDs & counting in the 1st half.

Whodathunkit?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - had a feeling :trash:. ..... All I can do now is hope Murray has one hell of a game. ... @Sam Sportboy - apparently I missed the ceiling play. ... :L

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, haven't even looked since I already know - but I'm not sure Brees would've saved me in this one - got zero TD's from D. Adams, Landry, Hooper and DJ Moore - they all were just so-so. And, as I feared, Winston went nuts. ... Murray sunk the boat. ....