• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pitching League in close games

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are down 2-1 to the Cards and Don brings in League in the 8th inning. I get he has done better recently BUT I STILL DISAGREE with pitching him in close games and late inning situations. He gives up too many home runs and I still do not think he will be decent down the stretch but maybe that is just me. What did you guys think of Don's bullpen management tonight?

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with it

The other pen guys needed some rest and League has been pitching better as of late

Also, need to regain League's confidence, which did take a hit tonight, but I still believe he will contribute down the stretch, we have no other choice but to hope he does, because he ain't going anywhere

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with MVPuig. League isn't going any where and you can't pitch everyone every night and expect them to stay sharp. Ned Colletti needs to pick up a RP to join Brian Wilson when he brings his bearded mug to L.A.. Pitching is the name of the game and that's the one area where the Dodgers can improve..........the BP.

The Cardinals are a good hitting team, so you are going to have games when the offense beats you.

Despite League's failures this season, and the current roster sporting the likes of Carlos Marmol, this team is in nice shape and should make the playoffs and make a long run.

For now, the Dodgers just have to take things one game at a time.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you guys honestly say that you trust Brandon League in a close game down the stretch? I cant and I really want him to do well but he doesnt have it.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you guys honestly say that you trust Brandon League in a close game down the stretch? I cant and I really want him to do well but he doesnt have it.

I would, he hasn't shown it, but I just feel this guy still has it

IDK it's weird, but I still like League, he still has all the stuff

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Dodgers will get rid of league soon. Wilson will take his place.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wilson is more likely to take Marmol's place.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wilson is more likely to take Marmol's place.

I would almost think a better question to ask would be; why do we lead the league in former closers nobody else wanted?

Or,

How good would Jonathan Broxton look as our 8th inning guy right about now?

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League still has nasty stuff BUT it seems he has lost it mentally and once he gives up a walk or a hit he really unravels. All of these games are going to be huge down the stretch and we cant afford for League or Marmol to blow it.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we are stuck with League for 2 more years after this which makes me want to vomit lol

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lalakersboy I trust Brian Wilson the most o ut of those 3 and he hasnt even thrown a pitch as a Dodger yet lol

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lalakersboy I trust Brian Wilson the most o ut of those 3 and he hasnt even thrown a pitch as a Dodger yet lol

I agree bring up Wilson & he would be good for the dugout he's a pump you up type of guy:10:

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just that but he has playoff experience and could mentor jose dominguez and chris withrow a bit. Hell he may have some advice for Kenley too

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else here stunned when the League signing was originally announced? He's shown me nothing from the day we traded for him.

With the addition of Wilson, this club definitely isn't lacking any personality lol. Then with guys like Punto and Schumaker on the bench and guys who've been there and done that; we just have a great thing going. It's the first time in a while I'm talking about World Series pretty confidently.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League pitched well last year for the Dodgers, but obviously hasn't kept things going this season. The Dodgers overspent for League, as they've done for a lot of players, and they have to deal with League's contract.

I have little confidence in him, though he has pitched well of late in spite of last night, and the Dodgers may have to let him go and eat his contract.

All we can do in the meantime is root for him to pitch up to his capabilities and help the Dodgers keep winning.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League was great when we traded for him last year and did ok for us. It wasnt until he signed that extension that he started to suck bad...

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a no pressure situation Marmol was in. I still dont trust him lol