• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pitching injuries already

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means that he can actually go to full seasons without getting hurt again. He has never been able to do that in his career.

Bottom line, it was a gamble by our front office and it didn't pay off. It was mistake, so at least now we know and can move on. We should not have re-signed him.

I doubt Anderson will get another real opportunity to pitch again. He will probably get an invite to camp or signed to a Minors deal but he cannot stay healthy period.

lol you're totally wrong

being healthy back to back season in the past doesn't mean shit and giving a 1 year deal to a guy who was very solid for us last year was absolutely a good deal.

And I'll bet my account he gets a major league deal next year... are you kidding me? lol

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we are entitled to our opinion. I wanted to avoid Anderson given his history of injuries and I was right. If you ignore history, it will bite you in the butt and that is what happened. We gambled and lost. Having a 3.7 ERA and getting shelled in his one playoff appearance doesn't strike me as "very solid" but whatever.

Not sure who would give him an MLB deal next year. I pity the team that does. Maybe the DBacks or Giants would. Good for us!

I am not sure if Anderson is a personal friend or family member, but you have surely defended him tooth and nail. I am simply re-stating what most Dodger fans have said. The man has had more injuries that I can think of for any MLB player. Anderson himself appears to be surprised at his chronic injuries. We are going to have to agree to disagree.

Injury-prone Dodgers pitcher Brett Anderson hopes to be effective

Did Brett Anderson breakdown actually come as surprise to Dodgers?

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA Times... that's cute

You're right we gambled and lost... easy to say now

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, he hasn't had back to back healthy years in his career. He had multiple injuries in 2014, however 2015 he was healthy.

Brett Anderson (baseball) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am not going to argue with you. I had laid out the facts and I was against re-signing him due to his injury history. I was right as he probably won't pitching until September for us if at all. That is almost 16 million down the drain.
Giving Anderson the qualifying offer was an absolute no-brainer. You're being ridiculous.