• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Pirates at Cubs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question on the safe call at the plate. During the replay last night the announcers said it was called obstruction on the field but reading a few articles this morning it said the ump said the it was not obstruction and the runners foot touched the plate before the tag. As it stand the Pirates won the game but isn't that reviewable? The guy was out by 5 feet.

I guess Hurdle chose not to challenge it for some reason. I'm not sure. The umpire said Sanchez didn't have control of the ball, but it looked an awful lot like he did to me.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also like to assert that Cole was as dominant as a pitcher can be en route to giving up 4 runs.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also like to assert that Cole was as dominant as a pitcher can be en route to giving up 4 runs.

I agree and that first run had nothing to do with his pitching.
First his error on the hit and then Sanchez trying to make that throw was pointless on the SB attempt. He would have been better served to just let Bonafico still that base when Cole already has 2 outs and 2 strikes on a hitter that had no chance of making contact due to Cole's pitching.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and that first run had nothing to do with his pitching.
First his error on the hit and then Sanchez trying to make that throw was pointless on the SB attempt. He would have been better served to just let Bonafico still that base when Cole already has 2 outs and 2 strikes on a hitter that had no chance of making contact due to Cole's pitching.
I think the rule should be changed regarding earned/unearned runs for a pitcher. If the pitcher makes the error that results in a run, then they should indeed get charged with an earned run, as they "earned" it.

I know this makes no difference in this particular situation since there were 2 errors in the inning, but it reminded me.