• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pirates at Brewers Series Thread|04/29-05/01

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not to brag or anything, but i called a
phillies 3-1
cards 2-1
brewers 1-2
6-4 homestand.

very satisfied as we played 20 days in a row and last 10 on the road.
also agains good teams (stl and milw) and beat the phil big 3(hamels, halladya, lee)

ramburgh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If the SP sorts itself out (Liriano, Morton and Cole), I think we are a legitimate shortstop away from being a serious contender. I would go hard for Jimmy Rollins as the Phillies will most likely have a firesale this summer. Honestly, at this point, management should not worry so much about what it takes to get a deal done that puts the team over the top. It is time to make the big splash move. I would love to see it earlier than the deadline. Rollins gets $11M this year and the following two years. Barmes will be off the books after this year and that is half ($5.5M) of the way there. Ownership should be willing to step it up and add the additional payroll to take the team into the playoffs. Paying Rollins for the next 2.5 years isn't super risky and is somewhat similar to the points Burnett and Rodriguez were in their contracts when they were traded to the Pirates. Love the possibilities that Rollins creates.

Marte, Rollins, McCutchen, Jones/Sanchez, Alvarez, Martin, Walker, Snider - that looks like a legitimate line-up that is solid from top to bottom.
Burnett, Rodriguez, Liriano, Morton, Locke/Cole/McDonald/Karstens

I think this is the year to make the big move and not mess with little moves that potentially hurt the team chemistry.