• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pirates at Brewers Series Thread|04/29-05/01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the Pirates (15-10) look to continue another successful road trip after taking two of three from the Cardinals, they head into Milwaukee to face the Brewers (12-10, down 1-0 to the Dodgers right now). Historically, the Pirates do not play well in Milwaukee, but they're going to have to if they want to break the streak.

Pitching matchups for the series are Rodriguez (2-0) vs. Gallardo (2-1), McDonald (2-2) vs. Estrada (2-1), and someone vs. Burgos (1-0).

Hopefully the Pirates can get Walker and Snider back for this series, and McCutchen ends his slump.

Go Bucs!

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
BP nice rest for a tough series in Milw.

lets go for 2 out of 3.
expecting to win 1 out of 3.
hoping for 2 out of 3.

all depends on who replaces sanchez.
i vote for oliver.

offense picking up but lets hope snider back soon.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let's hope the day off for Cutch on Sunday helped! Maybe he needed a day to just think about things?

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ibwill be BBC at the game on the 30th. First base side just past Brewers dugout sixth row up. Hopefully I get to make a play this year.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Wandy?

Probably the worst command I have ever seen from Wandy. Brewers swinging from their heels as usual so it would be good to bust them inside the next few games.

Plus, Barmes screwed up a DP ball in the first, still got one out, but they would have been out of the inning only giving up 2 runs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One piece of great news in the game, Sanchez to the bullpen, a prelude to his release. :yahoo:

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One piece of great news in the game, Sanchez to the bullpen, a prelude to his release. :yahoo:

amen, i say lets audition some AAA guys to get them a taste before we get liriano and morton back.

i guess contreras is imminent.
would have liked to see irwin or oliver get a shot.

morris and black still doing well in AAA.

assuming burnet, wandy, locke, cole, as our rotation in july 1. who is #5.
liriano, morton, mcdonald..

assuming cutch, marte, snider are answers in OF,
walker comes back healthy and sanchez/jones produce.
alvarez heats up.
martin/mcK produce.

can we package some pitching for a SS who can hit and field. how do the brewers get a ready to play SS and we cant.
they traded greinke, but he was in the last 2 months of a contract.

what else is our next big need.
a bopping RF, 1B, a durable 2B, another ace in waiting like cole and taillon for 2 yrs from now when wandy and burnett are gone.

what would you trade for.

stillmatic32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't handle much more of JMac. Sure he had a really good start and a couple not terrible ones this season, but that's not enough. The guy has sucked ass for pretty long now. When you watch a game he's pitching you know that odds are he's getting rocked.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking hate the Brewers.

That is all.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't handle much more of JMac. Sure he had a really good start and a couple not terrible ones this season, but that's not enough. The guy has sucked ass for pretty long now. When you watch a game he's pitching you know that odds are he's getting rocked.

Yea, he's is beyond awful. Would rather they bring up Irwin, Oliver, or McPherson and hope that Liriano, Morton, and Karstens can pick up the slack.

Burgh Sports Rule

Let's Go Bucs!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a damn shame to score 8 runs in a game ( Especially on the road ) & still lose!

I don't want to see James McDonald anymore, period!

I HATE THE BLEEPIN BREWERS!!!

Burgh

PS OT Let's Go Pens!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not going according to plan.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hey, we won.

Nice. :whoo:

A winning road trip! 6-4! I'll take it!

stillmatic32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like we can sort out the problems with the pitching. We have a lot of guys we can run through before we find 5 respectable pitchers. I say after Wandy, AJ, and Locke (unless he starts sucking), start cycling through guys like Liriano, Morton, Cole, Irwin, etc.

And PLEASE no more starts from Gomez. Sadly I think today's start was about his ceiling for effectiveness as a starter.

The offense is looking awesome. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but how nasty is Marte? Sure he's not as polished as Cutch was at this point, but man the raw tools are incredible. He's got it all. Jones, Gaby, and Snider are a very formidable 1B/RF trio. It looks like Martin and Fort are both guys that benefit from rest so they work very well together. Barmes still sucks at hitting, that is less of a big deal when everyone else is capable. Hopefully Walker comes back before Inge realizes he's Inge.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like we can sort out the problems with the pitching. We have a lot of guys we can run through before we find 5 respectable pitchers. I say after Wandy, AJ, and Locke (unless he starts sucking), start cycling through guys like Liriano, Morton, Cole, Irwin, etc.

And PLEASE no more starts from Gomez. Sadly I think today's start was about his ceiling for effectiveness as a starter.

The offense is looking awesome. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but how nasty is Marte? Sure he's not as polished as Cutch was at this point, but man the raw tools are incredible. He's got it all. Jones, Gaby, and Snider are a very formidable 1B/RF trio. It looks like Martin and Fort are both guys that benefit from rest so they work very well together. Barmes still sucks at hitting, that is less of a big deal when everyone else is capable. Hopefully Walker comes back before Inge realizes he's Inge.

He's got it all except plate discipline. But he's talented enough to hide that, at least for stretches.

As for the pitching, I am very excited for Morton and Liriano to get back, especially Morton. I really think both of those guys can give our pitching a nice shot in the arm.

At least we don't have to deal with Sanchez anymore.