• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies V Mets

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all got a solid group of young pitchers down there...Eickhoff looked real good tonight

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Know we lost but I really enjoy seeing some decent games being played. If our batting would just get better... we are near the bottom of the league in quite a few stats.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Know we lost but I really enjoy seeing some decent games being played. If our batting would just get better... we are near the bottom of the league in quite a few stats.
Yeah, I was on I-95 in Maryland yesterday and I saw Roy Oswalt driving a bulldozer about 10 miles an hour going north. He said he was heading to CBP to help out. I told him the pitching is fine, turn around and go find some guys that can get on base.....

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was on I-95 in Maryland yesterday and I saw Roy Oswalt driving a bulldozer about 10 miles an hour going north. He said he was heading to CBP to help out. I told him the pitching is fine, turn around and go find some guys that can get on base.....
Are you sure it wasn't A.J. Burnett?

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Help is on the way! OutfielderAlfredo Marte has been acquired. After 150 games at AZ in 13 and 14, he hit an astounding Philly friendly .186 and .170. No fear tho, they grabbed him from LAA (2/6 .333) after he got hot and before his BA took a dive.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Help is on the way! OutfielderAlfredo Marte has been acquired. After 150 games at AZ in 13 and 14, he hit an astounding Philly friendly .186 and .170. No fear tho, they grabbed him from LAA (2/6 .333) after he got hot and before his BA took a dive.

Phillies Acquire Alfredo Marte

Check out the comments in that article. I know I make some old references to '80s shit but that poster named "JoeFriday14" has me beat. First he pulls out the Richie Ashburn Pancho Herrera reference, then tops that with "Kirby Ferrell" (actually Kerby Farrell), an obscure career minor leaguer from the 40's and 50's that got a couple cups of coffee in the majors during WWII when a lot of players were drafted into the service.

How is this Joe Friday guy A) still alive, and 2) still able to get on the internet and post semi-coherent sarcastic comments ? Amazing

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Pancho Herrera got kind of a raw deal with the Phillies. His 2nd major league season didn't seem bad enough for him to be sent down to the minors for the rest of his career. If he put up numbers like that today he'd definitely find a spot in the majors, probably making 6-7 million a year.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies Acquire Alfredo Marte

Check out the comments in that article. I know I make some old references to '80s shit but that poster named "JoeFriday14" has me beat. First he pulls out the Richie Ashburn Pancho Herrera reference, then tops that with "Kirby Ferrell" (actually Kerby Farrell), an obscure career minor leaguer from the 40's and 50's that got a couple cups of coffee in the majors during WWII when a lot of players were drafted into the service.

How is this Joe Friday guy A) still alive, and 2) still able to get on the internet and post semi-coherent sarcastic comments ? Amazing

Yeah, I don't get it. At first I thought Kirby was once on the Phillies. I do recognize him from the movie "Deliverance." Maybe JoeFriday suffered a breakdown after the Phils collapse in '64 and never recovered.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Pancho Herrera got kind of a raw deal with the Phillies. His 2nd major league season didn't seem bad enough for him to be sent down to the minors for the rest of his career. If he put up numbers like that today he'd definitely find a spot in the majors, probably making 6-7 million a year.

I agree. There was still much racism back then. And pretty low being traded for Don Hoak. In '60 he finished 2nd for RoY. Herrera had some good seasons in the minors for PIT affiliate and should have been brought up, but according to his baseball-ref bio, he was blocked by Don Clendenon.

Pancho Herrera | Society for American Baseball Research

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. There was still much racism back then. And pretty low being traded for Don Hoak. In '60 he finished 2nd for RoY. Herrera had some good seasons in the minors for PIT affiliate and should have been brought up, but according to his baseball-ref bio, he was blocked by Don Clendenon.

Pancho Herrera | Society for American Baseball Research

Yeah, it's that they took Odubel Herrera as a way to make amends. It's working out great so far too, Odubel has been a great find.
But yeah, it could have been a racist thing; I read that he played in the ***** Leagues before MLB. There was also more of a stigma attached to strikeouts back then, and he did lead the league in being struck out in that rookie year (with a whole 136,which a Ryan Howard or Mark Reynolds would be close to at the All Star break, lol).

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's that they took Odubel Herrera as a way to make amends. It's working out great so far too, Odubel has been a great find.
But yeah, it could have been a racist thing; I read that he played in the ***** Leagues before MLB. There was also more of a stigma attached to strikeouts back then, and he did lead the league in being struck out in that rookie year (with a whole 136,which a Ryan Howard or Mark Reynolds would be close to at the All Star break, lol).
Yeah, he was cheated. He could be a DH in the AL today with his stats. Probably making around 8-10 million per year sine he had a solid OBP and hit with some power.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. He's like Josh Willingham with a better tan