• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies 2021 season thread

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect my team to at least look alive but not by over running a ball in the outfield in what should have been an important game. LOL. These guys won't be much better next season even with Hoskins back. Dildoes live on.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect my team to at least look alive but not by over running a ball in the outfield in what should have been an important game. LOL. These guys won't be much better next season even with Hoskins back. Dildoes live on.
Yeah they are kind of destined to be mediocre again. I guess the things that could make them improve would be if Nola has a bounce back year, Hoskins comes back and maybe Stott comes up from the minors.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probable National League Playoffs: (SF/LA)*
  • NL Wild Card Game: St. Louis Cardinals at Los Angeles Dodgers*
  • NL Division Series: Winner of St. Louis Cardinals/Los Angeles Dodgers at (1) San Francisco Giants*
  • NL Division Series: (3) Atlanta Braves at (2) Milwaukee Brewers

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s time for the Phillies to change course and reload the farm. The Yankees have coveted Realmuto. That kind of a salary for a catcher is a luxury the team can’t afford. I think you can also move Nola for some prospects as well. Why stick with a pitcher who falls apart every September anyway? This year we didn’t even get the pre-September Nola. Didi has to go but I think you’re stuck with him. Nobody wants to pay a shortstop 14 million to be a butcher in the field with a slow bat. Segura could be a player that also brings back some prospects. It’s sucks that they’re here but it is what it is. The farm needs an injection of life.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Turn out the lights, the party's over"!! Typical Dildoes September fade at the right time to collect their paychecks and go home. Pathetic bunch of pussy losers!!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Turn out the lights, the party's over"!! Typical Dildoes September fade at the right time to collect their paychecks and go home. Pathetic bunch of pussy losers!!

I think everyone expected at least for the team to put up a good “phight” against Atlanta; instead they just laid down and rolled over - the solid core in the lineup, Segura, McCutheon, Harper, and Realmuto - went 4-44 in the three games. Gotta give Braves pitching credit but this is absurd. Real slap in face for the FO. I’m not really looking forward to next year.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s time for the Phillies to change course and reload the farm. The Yankees have coveted Realmuto. That kind of a salary for a catcher is a luxury the team can’t afford. I think you can also move Nola for some prospects as well. Why stick with a pitcher who falls apart every September anyway? This year we didn’t even get the pre-September Nola. Didi has to go but I think you’re stuck with him. Nobody wants to pay a shortstop 14 million to be a butcher in the field with a slow bat. Segura could be a player that also brings back some prospects. It’s sucks that they’re here but it is what it is. The farm needs an injection of life.
The problem with that is it wouldn't make sense to move one or two of those guys and keep Harper. But with his contract there are not that many teams that could afford him. I'm sure the Yankees want him too but even they have some limits on how much they'll use in payroll (I think).

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that is it wouldn't make sense to move one or two of those guys and keep Harper. But with his contract there are not that many teams that could afford him. I'm sure the Yankees want him too but even they have some limits on how much they'll use in payroll (I think).
I actually think the Harper move is 3-4 years from now. You’re getting your best years out of him now. These guys I’m trading frees up payroll so that they can get involved with players on the FA market.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think the Harper move is 3-4 years from now. You’re getting your best years out of him now. These guys I’m trading frees up payroll so that they can get involved with players on the FA market.
Oh, ok. But if you're looking at free agents this off season I don't think trading Realmuto makes sense because you're going to get much worse at catcher (offensively at least). I could see moving Segura if they could get something for him because they have that Stott guy and I guess Bohm. Then also pay a couple million to buy out of McCutcheon's last year and save some money there.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, ok. But if you're looking at free agents this off season I don't think trading Realmuto makes sense because you're going to get much worse at catcher (offensively at least). I could see moving Segura if they could get something for him because they have that Stott guy and I guess Bohm. Then also pay a couple million to buy out of McCutcheon's last year and save some money there.
With Rhys and Harper, I’d be ok with them running with the young kid Marchand. Hitting him 8 and if he hits .220 it’s not a big deal. Shedding that contract gets you involved for some of the OF they desperately need. Just my opinion. I love JT the player. I’m just being real.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Rhys and Harper, I’d be ok with them running with the young kid Marchand. Hitting him 8 and if he hits .220 it’s not a big deal. Shedding that contract gets you involved for some of the OF they desperately need. Just my opinion. I love JT the player. I’m just being real.
I hear ya. But it seems like it's a lot easier to get a good outfielder with out spending too much. The Braves got a whole new outfield at the deadline. I guess it depends on how much it costs to get a Schwarber or a Joc Pederson.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 years and counting... hard to believe that at one point people expected the Phillies to be one of the best organizations in baseball for decades to come due to the large sums of cash they would get form their TV contracts, merch sales, and the games. Amazing how every one missed that mark.

Phillies baseball has been disappointing for several years now.

I do believe the front office is moving in the right direction, with David Dombrowski at the helm. The hiring of Preston Mattingly will hopefully improve the farm teams.

It will be interesting to see how things play out this offseason, they have 85 million to play with so it will be interesting to see where that money goes. I don't see harper going anywhere for several more years. I can't believe Didi is getting 15 next...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t see the comments, just an alert on my phone, but apparently Bryce ripped the state of the Phillies farm. Good for him. It needed to be said.