• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Philadelphia Phillies 2023 Baseball Season

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye Kimbrel you fucking loser
Also bye Castellanos

Get rid of Castellanos- put Harper back in right
Get a 1st baseman - not Hoskins
Get a real fucking centerfielder
and Bohm should be on the hot seat

And have re-evaluate the pitching

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s my generation’s ‘64 Phillies collapse. My dad still talks about it. Google it. This has to be up there with one of the biggest Philly sports collapses in my lifetime. The sad part is that I need to let it sit for me to really place it on the pain level. The worst part is that I have like 18-20 legitimate candidates for the top 10 list.

This one starts in Game 4 for me when Topper goes to Sanchez with one out and runner on 2nd in the 3rd down 1-0. He projects panic when it didn’t need to be. All year they can hit with so many outs left to play. He put that shit out into the world haha.

When he creates a bull pen game he guarantees that you’re going to have to use Kimbrel the day after he got beat up. He was leaking oil since the All Star break. His pen wasn’t as deep as he thought it was.

But the Phillies are built to hit. They’ve been a streaky team with lengthy slides and lengthy moments of being hot. I’ve said too much without giving credit to the Diamondbacks. They were great. They used the over aggression of Phillies big hitters against them. They changed their whole approach to the lineup in Game 3. Tip of the cap to them. They have bullpen and timely hitting. Their starters can be nasty as well though the Phillies went 3-1 vs their top guys. I’m back. The Phils lost this series while going 3-1 in Gallen/Kelly starts. Everybody deals with their team’s falling short. How often do you have to swallow something like that. They have no starters depth and they win all 3 of those games!!!

@DJ hope you know I was just messing with ya today. This is on the guys who are paid millions puckering in a big spot. I’m in the moment but this is baseball where you fail 7 of 10 times they remember you forever. This team has come through a ton of the last two seasons and this time they didn’t. They got a little complacent and like a Greek tragedy the hubris had to cut a bitch.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s my generation’s ‘64 Phillies collapse. My dad still talks about it. Google it. This has to be up there with one of the biggest Philly sports collapses in my lifetime. The sad part is that I need to let it sit for me to really place it on the pain level. The worst part is that I have like 18-20 legitimate candidates for the top 10 list.

I don’t need to google it
I too grew up hearing every year about the ‘64 Phillies collapse from my dad

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This one starts in Game 4 for me when Topper goes to Sanchez with one out and runner on 2nd in the 3rd down 1-0. He projects panic when it didn’t need to be. All year they can hit with so many outs left to play. He put that shit out into the world haha.

When he creates a bull pen game he guarantees that you’re going to have to use Kimbrel the day after he got beat up. He was leaking oil since the All Star break. His pen wasn’t as deep as he thought it was.

But the Phillies are built to hit. They’ve been a streaky team with lengthy slides and lengthy moments of being hot. I’ve said too much without giving credit to the Diamondbacks. They were great. They used the over aggression of Phillies big hitters against them. They changed their whole approach to the lineup in Game 3. Tip of the cap to them. They have bullpen and timely hitting. Their starters can be nasty as well though the Phillies went 3-1 vs their top guys. I’m back. The Phils lost this series while going 3-1 in Gallen/Kelly starts. Everybody deals with their team’s falling short. How often do you have to swallow something like that. They have no starters depth and they win all 3 of those games!!!

@DJ hope you know I was just messing with ya today. This is on the guys who are paid millions puckering in a big spot. I’m in the moment but this is baseball where you fail 7 of 10 times they remember you forever. This team has come through a ton of the last two seasons and this time they didn’t. They got a little complacent and like a Greek tragedy the hubris had to cut a bitch.

I joined the AF on September 23, 1964 and the Phils had about a 7 game lead. Couldn't believe it when they lost 10 games in a row.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin Kimbrel
And let’s add Dombrowski for not getting another pen piece at the deadline. And let’s add Topper for pulling Sanchez in the third and creating a needless bullpen game in Game 4 ensuring that Kimbrel and Orion would pitch the day after getting hit.

python3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let’s add Dombrowski for not getting another pen piece at the deadline. And let’s add Topper for pulling Sanchez in the third and creating a needless bullpen game in Game 4 ensuring that Kimbrel and Orion would pitch the day after getting hit.
I agree 100%, but it was probably pre-determined when he was gonna pull Sanchez. So it was his plan from the start to create a needless bullpen game. It's part of some new age analytics. I grew up with the 4 man rotation, and complete games. So I'm not on board with any of this ( bullpen games, openers, warming up .Hoffman in the 2nd inning).Couple this with pulling Wheeler in Game 6 last year, because he was sweating Alvarado's jock, that's 2 championship windows gone, and I don't think there will be a 3rd next year

Drasci

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sad about yesterday, but objectively the D Backs deserved to win the championship series, or maybe the Phillies deserved not to win it.

Too many mistakes, especially too many bad pitchers.

anyway... there is always next season, and trust me, I am a supporter of AS Roma and therefore no one is more expert in sporting disappointments than me

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until they figure out why they let games slip away and unless they fix their pitching, they are not going to be headed to the WS next year.

Perhaps they should start with Thompson and the GM. Like the Flyers who cleaned-house and brought in a championship GM and coach which now reaping the results we all wanted, the Phillies will figure out a way to let the Dildoes show-up one way or another.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye Kimbrel you fucking loser
Also bye Castellanos

Get rid of Castellanos- put Harper back in right
Get a 1st baseman - not Hoskins
Get a real fucking centerfielder
and Bohm should be on the hot seat

And have re-evaluate the pitching
I don't know. The playoffs last a long time when you're a wild card team. Castellanos carried them through the first 2 series. It's tough to be hot the whole time.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sad about yesterday, but objectively the D Backs deserved to win the championship series, or maybe the Phillies deserved not to win it.

Too many mistakes, especially too many bad pitchers.

anyway... there is always next season, and trust me, I am a supporter of AS Roma and therefore no one is more expert in sporting disappointments than me
Dbacks were hitting singles all night. That's how you win big games.

10-0 with a bunch of homers doesn't matter in a game 7.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I joined the AF on September 23, 1964 and the Phils had about a 7 game lead. Couldn't believe it when they lost 10 games in a row.
That must have been rough sitting in the barracks, following the games on that shitty dial up internet they had back then, only to have them piss away their lead in two weeks.

Anyway, thank you for your service.