• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Islanders 1/20/14 | 1:00pm

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one negative thing i will add about berube is, he seems very hesitant to run his horses when he needs them.

couturier - 21:03
giroux - 21:54

were the only two forwards over the 20 minute mark today. why is it that after them, and read at 19:54, is it essentially an even split? that makes no sense to me..

raffl - 13:16
downie - 12:59
lecavalier - 12:55
hall - 12:36
voracek - 11:52

why? why would that ever be your spread through those players? i guess 'killing' 6 PPs had something to do with it.. but that still doesn't excuse it IMO. and it definitely doesn't excuse the penalties. the flyers have to be more disciplined. they're a good hockey team, but when you have to kill 6 PPs per game you're shorthanded almost 25% of the game. tough to win hockey games that way.

and why the hell are we dressing rosehill? who cares if he's willing to get his face pounded in. 4 minutes is a complete waste of a body. at least vandevelde PKs and is reasonably acceptable defensively. rosehill does nothing. at all. you dont dress him, carkner jumps someone else and the flyers end up with a 5 minute PP instead of rosehill half-heartedly dropping the gloves in response. just dont fight. who cares? when rinaldo comes back he can fight. the schenns can fight. simmonds can fight. hartnell can fight. what's the point of dressing someone who can do nothing but fight? i do not understand that.

Last edited by a moderator:

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so disgusted with this shit bag hockey team - fucking embarrassing - an absolute train wreck of a Hockey team

Shit list:
Ray Emery is an absolutely garbage goaltender - fucking dumbass Craig Berube still starts this guy on the road WHY WHY WHY YOU DUMBASS
Steve Downie is a fucking mental midget I hope they quit playing his ass - his fucking penalty cost them the game - tired of his garbage - ship his ass out I don't want any part of him anymore
Vinny Lecavalier is getting paid $4.5 million a season to put up zeros - he should start being scratched as well - absolute pathetic - an old cone would score a goal before he scores another one
Nicklas Grossmann was the on the ice for every big situation - it goes to show you how fucking pathetic the defense is - most of these guys should not be off limits - if means getting good defensemen they need to do it - I hate this defense so bad
Craig Berube waits until after the game to rip the team when he should have done it during the game - this team fucking sits back every time they get a lead - FINISH THEM THE FUCK OUT YOU FUCKERS

You're post game rants after losses crack me up. Back off the ledge Cobie.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty dead on Awaz they sat back and it cost them. Even still in OT they had the goalies flopped all over empty net and hit him somehow. The took 3 of 4 points against the Isles if you want a positive out of this....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penalties were horrible as well plus the lines looked lost after Jake went out. I hope he's ok any word? Of course the refs missed that slash but didn't miss anything else on Philly...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penalties were horrible as well plus the lines looked lost after Jake went out. I hope he's ok any word? Of course the refs missed that slash but didn't miss anything else on Philly...

i didnt realize jake got hurt. that explains some of the minute discrepancy too. haven't had a chance to read twitter's take on the game haha

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's no excuse at all for them blowing the lead - please don't use that as an excuse - they took a bunch of stupid penalties late in the game unrelated to line changes and they were not aggressive

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt realize jake got hurt. that explains some of the minute discrepancy too. haven't had a chance to read twitter's take on the game haha

Cal Clutterbuck is a bum - if Jake misses any time I will hunt him down - I can't believe the Isles traded Nino for that hack

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're post game rants after losses crack me up. Back off the ledge Cobie.

I don't need to back off of anything - this team should be better than this - they're getting content lately and their play has slipped big time and I have every right to call them out for it - you have to be consistently good if you want to be a playoff team - they've given up three or more goals in six straight games now, each of the last six games have not been good at all, and it's not a good sign and I don't like it at all

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to back off of anything - this team should be better than this - they're getting content lately and their play has slipped big time and I have every right to call them out for it - you have to be consistently good if you want to be a playoff team - they've given up three or more goals in six straight games now, each of the last six games have not been good at all, and it's not a good sign and I don't like it at all

what is actually somewhat comforting.. they've played like garbage in those 6 games and they've gotten 6 points for it. if they start playing better, the wins will start piling up again

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is actually somewhat comforting.. they've played like garbage in those 6 games and they've gotten 6 points for it. if they start playing better, the wins will start piling up again

It's not comforting to me at all because it is bad habits and once you start playing good teams, you keep that play up and you will get destroyed and won't get any points for it - they have not gotten a good, solid overall win in almost two weeks now - that's been awhile and that concerns me a heck of a lot

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's no excuse at all for them blowing the lead - please don't use that as an excuse - they took a bunch of stupid penalties late in the game unrelated to line changes and they were not aggressive

No excuse just an observation the lines were messed up and they couldn't get anything going after that. The penalties didn't help but on Downie's they simply couldn't get it out of their zone and were exhausted that's when he grabbed an isle. Either way they need to cut the penalties down as its killing them. Would be even worse if the PK wasn't so good.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No excuse just an observation the lines were messed up and they couldn't get anything going after that. The penalties didn't help but on Downie's they simply couldn't get it out of their zone and were exhausted that's when he grabbed an isle. Either way they need to cut the penalties down as its killing them. Would be even worse if the PK wasn't so good.

Steve Downie's penalty was just absolutely stupid - I don't care if they were exhausted - just dumb - he took two penalties in the third period - awful

It's one thing if they're down and the lines were messed up, but they were ahead, that has nothing to do with a lack of playing defense - if they get the puck in deep and just have more puck possession, the Isles won't have a chance

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not comforting to me at all because it is bad habits and once you start playing good teams, you keep that play up and you will get destroyed and won't get any points for it - they have not gotten a good, solid overall win in almost two weeks now - that's been awhile and that concerns me a heck of a lot

i mean it depends if you want to look at it as a pessimist or an optimist.

good teams get points when they don't bring their best game. that's what the flyers have done the past week or two. obviously it's not sustainable, but sometimes you just have to tread water until you get your legs back.

all i'm saying is, the sky is not falling. the team needs to play better, but it's nice to see them get points while they play poorly. much better than at the begining of the season when they sucked AND weren't getting points. this team has the talent to compete, they just need to play better, and more consistently.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean it depends if you want to look at it as a pessimist or an optimist.

good teams get points when they don't bring their best game. that's what the flyers have done the past week or two. obviously it's not sustainable, but sometimes you just have to tread water until you get your legs back.

all i'm saying is, the sky is not falling. the team needs to play better, but it's nice to see them get points while they play poorly. much better than at the begining of the season when they sucked AND weren't getting points. this team has the talent to compete, they just need to play better, and more consistently.

Agreed.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Steve Downie still on this team?

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so disgusted with this shit bag hockey team - fucking embarrassing - an absolute train wreck of a Hockey team

Shit list:
Ray Emery is an absolutely garbage goaltender - fucking dumbass Craig Berube still starts this guy on the road WHY WHY WHY YOU DUMBASS
Steve Downie is a fucking mental midget I hope they quit playing his ass - his fucking penalty cost them the game - tired of his garbage - ship his ass out I don't want any part of him anymore
Vinny Lecavalier is getting paid $4.5 million a season to put up zeros - he should start being scratched as well - absolute pathetic - an old cone would score a goal before he scores another one
Nicklas Grossmann was the on the ice for every big situation - it goes to show you how fucking pathetic the defense is - most of these guys should not be off limits - if means getting good defensemen they need to do it - I hate this defense so bad
Craig Berube waits until after the game to rip the team when he should have done it during the game - this team fucking sits back every time they get a lead - FINISH THEM THE FUCK OUT YOU FUCKERS

Haha.

• Emery kept us in this game. Every shot he should have stopped, he saved. SEVERAL shots he shouldn't have, he saved as well. The Isles had 43 shots on net, and Emery stopped 40 of them. I know Mason's spoiled us a bit this year, but I'll still take a .930 save percentage any day of the week.
  • Downie and Lecavs are not doing it for us, I'll agree. Confused about Vinny; he started the season as our only forward playing at all, and now he's just not at that same level. Wonder if he's still hurt?
  • The Flyers really do need to put teams away - we haven't won a game by more than two in three weeks.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha.

• Emery kept us in this game. Every shot he should have stopped, he saved. SEVERAL shots he shouldn't have, he saved as well. The Isles had 43 shots on net, and Emery stopped 40 of them. I know Mason's spoiled us a bit this year, but I'll still take a .930 save percentage any day of the week.
  • Downie and Lecavs are not doing it for us, I'll agree. Confused about Vinny; he started the season as our only forward playing at all, and now he's just not at that same level. Wonder if he's still hurt?
  • The Flyers really do need to put teams away - we haven't won a game by more than two in three weeks.

Notice how when the Flyers started Steve Mason on the road in Vancouver, he gave up three goals but they won in the shootout because of his ability to actually make a save in the shootout? That's the big difference I'm talking about - Razor wasn't bad in the 65 minutes but the shootout is like a blur, it means a heck of a lot and when a goalie can make stops in the shootout, it's huge - Razor gave them no shot to win with a bad shootout

This whole thing about being comfortable with Steve Mason at home and Razor on the road has to stop - Flyers are going to have tough games on the road at some point and Mase is going to need to be in there - I'm not questioning Mase's ability at all, it's more of a stupid line of thinking from Chief

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Notice how when the Flyers started Steve Mason on the road in Vancouver, he gave up three goals but they won in the shootout because of his ability to actually make a save in the shootout? That's the big difference I'm talking about - Razor wasn't bad in the 65 minutes but the shootout is like a blur, it means a heck of a lot and when a goalie can make stops in the shootout, it's huge - Razor gave them no shot to win with a bad shootout

This whole thing about being comfortable with Steve Mason at home and Razor on the road has to stop - Flyers are going to have tough games on the road at some point and Mase is going to need to be in there - I'm not questioning Mase's ability at all, it's more of a stupid line of thinking from Chief

i don't know how you cant start a goalie in anticipation of a shootout. ray emery was the only reason we made it to the shootout and when that circus comes on i just flip a coin, because realistically for us a 50/50 shot is a good chance for them to win.