• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phantoms / Royals / NCAA / Juniors / Int'l

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this and Labarge has yet to put up his numbers just coming back from his concussion.

ya, i'm worried about him. he's back out with more concussion symptoms after playing a couple of games. such a nasty hit...

coming in to the season he was probably top 3 or 4 i was most excited about, now it's mostly worry.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm giddy thinking about the defense again. Aside from it being unlikely that they play 3 rookies on the backend next season, Myers (6'5 205), Sanheim (6'4 198), and Morin (6'7 224) could all conceivably be ready for the NHL next year. That brings some SERIOUS size to ten blue line. So much youth and energy. To go with Provorov who is already the Flyers best dman. Gah. So exciting.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laberge is suiting up again which is good news.

Looking like the Flyers will be very well represented at the WJC again this year, potentially the most representatives in the NHL with 9

Myers - Canada
Hart - Canada
Sandstrom - Sweden
Bernhardt - Sweden
Kase - Czech Republic
Tomek - Slovakia
Voroybyov - Russia
Rubtsov - Russia
Laczyinski - USA

Some of those guys may get cut, but still, impressive to have that many with a shot.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looking like the Flyers will be very well represented at the WJC again this year, potentially the most representatives in the NHL with 9

Myers - Canada
Hart - Canada
Sandstrom - Sweden
Bernhardt - Sweden
Kase - Czech Republic
Tomek - Slovakia
Voroybyov - Russia
Rubtsov - Russia
Laczyinski - USA

Some of those guys may get cut, but still, impressive to have that many with a shot.
Don't forget TK ans Prov would be there also.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Myers - Canada
Hart - Canada
Sandstrom - Sweden
Bernhardt - Sweden
Kase - Czech Republic
Tomek - Slovakia
Voroybyov - Russia
Rubtsov - Russia
Laczyinski - USA

Looking very likely for everyone to make their teams. Bernhardt still fighting and Lacyinski still technically not safe, but USA is down to 13 forwards, doubt they go with 12.

On a Go USA! front, they cut Brown and DeBrincat today. Both a major shocks to me. Brown is very highly touted, though coming off an injury. DeBrincat is lighting up the OHL this year. He's got 30G 30A for 60 points in just 28 games.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a Go USA! front, they cut Brown and DeBrincat today. Both a major shocks to me. Brown is very highly touted, though coming off an injury. DeBrincat is lighting up the OHL this year. He's got 30G 30A for 60 points in just 28 games.

Since when has Team USA needed more scoring?!?! :L

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my thoughts thus far in the season:

Goaltending - Mason clearly plays better when he is the man and not looking over his shoulder and Neuvirth, despite being a talented goalie, is just too injury prone. If Mason continues to play well he gets re-signed, regardless of how well Neuvirth plays when he returns.

Defense - Del Zotto hasn't played well since his return from injury. If he can get back to close to the form he displayed last season the Flyers are fine here, barring further injuries. Shocking to say, I know. Provorov is beginning to display his talent after a woeful start to his NHL career. Manning has been a pleasant surprise, and has solidified himself in the top 6. Gudas is showing that last year wasn't a flash in the pan. Pre-injury Streit was playing well. Ghost is down from last year but still playing well overall. Schultz is pretty much done and MacDonald continues to show he was the 2nd worst signing of Holmgren's tenure, but at least they were able to erase the first one.

Forwards - The top 6 have played very well overall. The bottom 6? Not so much. Hopefully that changes when Couturier and Read return, adding to the depth. I like Weise's game, but he's been snakebit. Cousins is a decent player but doesn't really seem to have an NHL role - not good enough offensively to crack the top 6 and not good enough defensively to anchor a line in the bottom 6. Lyubimov, Bellemare, VandeVelde (despite putting up a few points, his D is below average) and Gordon have been meh. Leier isn't the answer. Look for them to make a small move or two to improve the bottom 6, preferably a gamble on a solid defensive player who has displayed some offensive skill in the past but is struggling offensively this season (i.e., Carl Hagelin for the Pens last year). Teams that win the Cup have all 4 lines chipping in during the playoffs. The Flyers just don't have the depth up front. Yet.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

USA over Russia to advance to the finals wooohooooo! Attached is the entire shootout

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA wins a thriller in a shootout! World Junior gold medalists!

Lacyzinski didn't play much. Hart played well despite giving up 4 goals. I didn't really think any of them were stoppable. He stopped 4/5 in the shootout as well. Myers didn't play due to a concussions sustained in the first USA/Canada game.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA wins a thriller in a shootout! World Junior gold medalists!

Lacyzinski didn't play much. Hart played well despite giving up 4 goals. I didn't really think any of them were stoppable. He stopped 4/5 in the shootout as well. Myers didn't play due to a concussions sustained in the first USA/Canada game.
USA USA USA USA !!!!!!
What a game i was on the edge of my seat. I thought when we were down two goals twice it was over and they showed heart and came back. What an incredible gold medal finish.