• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PGA Tour agrees to merge with Saudi-backed rival LIV Golf

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I think ultimately, this is going to be good for the game of professional golf. It unifies it and secures its financial future" - Rory

Wasn't he dead set against LIV and it's "money

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I think ultimately, this is going to be good for the game of professional golf. It unifies it and secures its financial future" - Rory

Wasn't he dead set against LIV and it's "money

Just a puppet for the tour. Go look where Rory was playing when he signed his big $200 deal with Nike.

The partnership with McIlroy was announced in a lavish ceremony in the United Arab Emirates ahead of this week's Abu Dhabi Golf Championship,

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this does prove Chamblee is tied with Monahan for golf’s biggest douche. Rory has dropped to 3rd

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess everything is for sale in America … China is buying our land why not sell the PGA…

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you will have a ranking system with all tours and the best in the world will for sure play in the majors.
They already have that. It was only LIV that wasn't a part of it. PIF used LIV as a means to an end and now you will see LIV go bye byes. Why do you think Norman has no role?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really looking forward to hearing from those who had considered bolting to LIV only to be talked out of it... whether by Rory, Tiger, Monahan or "whoever". They're the ones who lost on this deal.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already have that. It was only LIV that wasn't a part of it. PIF used LIV as a means to an end and now you will see LIV go bye byes. Why do you think Norman has no role?
Not so sure LIV goes away or some form of that type of tour. The 40 year olds on LIV don’t really want to play on the PGA tour as well as grind

It will all play out. Golf is going to go more global for sure

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the shocking news that the PGA will merge with the Saudi Arabian LIV tour, the game of golf is set for radical change. Check out the new rules that will be adopted for the new tour:

1. Players who hit an errant shot must yell "ALLAHU AKBAR!" instead of "FORE!": We're pretty sure fans will pay a little more attention when someone starts screaming this.
  2. If you hit a woman with your shot, it's an automatic birdie: Serves them right for attending a golf tournament without their husbands' permission.
  3. Players will be allowed to eliminate one stroke per round, known as the "Kashoggi rule": Very handy.
  4. Bunkers will be booby-trapped with mines from the Golan Heights: It will give a whole new meaning to the phrase "explode out of the sand".
  5. Every tournament will begin with the ceremonial Stoning of the Gay: As is Saudi tradition.
  6. If players miss a putt less than two feet, guards immediately chop off their hands: Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman believes if you miss a putt at that distance, you no longer deserve hands.
  7. Once per weekend, they will let a suicide bomber loose on the course: Golf will never be boring again.
  8. Winners will receive a new wife along with their oversized check: Right up Tiger's alley.
  9. Players will be caned at the end of each round for each stroke over par: No more players cashing it in on a lousy round.
  10. If a player's tee shot hits a Jew, they are instantly declared tournament champion: Are we sure this merger was a good idea?
We can't wait to see how this goes! Thanks, Saudi Arabia.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next funny thing the Babylon Bee writes will be the first.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

As things currently stand, it appears LIV Golf will continue to exist as its own entity and players will be given the chance to participate in events outside of the official PGA Tour schedule.

However, based on what one insider had to say, it doesn’t seem like McIlroy will receive an invitation, as the unnamed executive threw some major shade at the Northern Irishman, saying:

“Now we can finally get Hideki [Matsuyama] and Jon Rahm. I would say every big name on the PGA Tour will get an offer.

Except Rory. Nobody wants that little b**** on their team.”

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing more and more anti-trust lawyers and experts come out of the woodwork and claim that there is zero chance of this merger going through. Several congressmen making similar statements and already challenging PGA Tour's status.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing more and more anti-trust lawyers and experts come out of the woodwork and claim that there is zero chance of this merger going through. Several congressmen making similar statements and already challenging PGA Tour's status.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I thought, why the heck would the PGA Tour do a complete 180 and make this deal virtually overnight ..especially with all the things they said about the Saudi money.

Mark my words ...there is very specific reason why the PGA Tour made this deal.
And it's something they sure as hell did not want to get out. They gave themselves a huge black eye making this deal just so this skeleton stays in the closet.

I'm thinking maybe the PGA Tour was cooking thier books ....something that would be exposed in a lawsuit.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Monahan is history. There is no way he recovers from how badly he played this.

He went scorched earth from the start knowing full well they had a 700 Billion dollar fund, but now all of a sudden they have too much money
to fight them in court? He had the networks, media, players & the 9/11 Families back his play just to stab them all in the back months later.

All he had to do was nothing. Just allow Phil and the rest to play both Tours and just come out with a "we are reviewing our options" statement.
And now all the pressure is on LIV to find a way to to make back the Hundreds of Millions they spent ...which I never thought they could do.

Banning all of those players raised LIV's profile 10 fold and created a Golf Civil War. ....he just never thought this through.