• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PGA Tour agrees to merge with Saudi-backed rival LIV Golf

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt much changes. From what I'm reading, the Saudis are basically just the largest investor, not a controlling interest. PGA Tour will control the majority of the board and appointments though a couple of the Saudis are now on the board. Could the money be enough to where they control every decision despite minority status? In theory, sure but I doubt there will be any major shift in events and structure that the PGA wouldn't already do if this deal never existed. A couple more tour dates in the Persian Gulf? Sure, but things were trending that way before LIV ever existed. There will be more world events, not just in the Gulf, but again, that was the direction it was gonna trend anyway. That's where the money is, growing the game globally. The Saudis just made sure they get a piece of that pie now.

LIV was dead in the water. No one gave a shit about it despite all the investment. My guess is LIV will be phased out over the next few years. PIF just kept throwing money on the table until the PGA could no longer say no. This is where the Tour players have a right to be pissed because the PGA just did what they told their members not to do when LIV was trying to lure away players

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golf is the biggest sport they could buy off. Hockey doesn't have the international reach golf does. The other big 3 aren't for sale. NASCAR couldn't be that bold.

I mean I don't blame them. After all the goal is to make as much money as possible but it's sad how they were bashing LIV because of "where" the money was coming from but now they are welcoming it and it will be "well, we don't care where it is coming from"

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I don't blame them. After all the goal is to make as much money as possible but it's sad how they were bashing LIV because of "where" the money was coming from but now they are welcoming it and it will be "well, we don't care where it is coming from"

Totally agree

Very hypocritical

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A whole lot of people bought into the pga tour's sportswashing arguments.
I consider them gullible.
It's always been about the money. Nothing else.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chamblee having no knowledge? Probably or definitely, he knows little about anything.

Rory and Tiger not knowing anything? Surely you aren't that gullible.
So about that…

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chamblee's response was brilliant. This is going to permanently fuck up golf.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lololol at you tards buying the PGA tours bullshit.

Some of these guys could have taken $300 million and 2 years off the PGA tour. I mean that’s just funny

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chamblee's response was brilliant. This is going to permanently fuck up golf.

He’s the biggest douche in golf even far above Rory. But I guess not Monahan. Lol How is this going to mess up golf?

Now you will have a ranking system with all tours and the best in the world will for sure play in the majors.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been so truthful through all this I guess we should keep believing him...

I don’t doubt at all that Tiger and Rory didn’t know anything. The tour couldn’t risk them knowing after the tour made them the poster boys against LIV

This was my point day 1. The absolute greed of the PGA tour

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone was to actually watch and listen to what Brandell said yesterday, they would be impressed. Of course, if they're just interested in being the douche they accuse him of, it'll go over their heads.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone was to actually watch and listen to what Brandell said yesterday, they would be impressed. Of course, if they're just interested in being the douche they accuse him of, it'll go over their heads.

Lolol. Can you back up your/Douche Chamblees comment or what?

How does this mess up golf permanently?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So about that…

I really want to hear what Tiger and Rory say. Clearly Monahan wasn't going to tell anyone until it was over and deal done

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to hear what Tiger and Rory say. Clearly Monahan wasn't going to tell anyone until it was over and deal done

I’m guessing they are formulating a political response but they might be so pissed they just stay silent for a bit.

I mean they had to say what they said to keep players on the tour. But they got played for sure

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m guessing they are formulating a political response but they might be so pissed they just stay silent for a bit.

I mean they had to say what they said to keep players on the tour. But they got played for sure

Oh yeah the players who stayed loyal to the PGA totally got played.. I have a feeling all along Monahan wanted money from LIV and was waiting for this time to come

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s the biggest douche in golf even far above Rory. But I guess not Monahan. Lol How is this going to mess up golf?

Now you will have a ranking system with all tours and the best in the world will for sure play in the majors.
I don't know, Rory pretty much limits out on the high end of douchebag status.

“We don’t trust you, Jay! You lied to our face,” Murray reportedly shouted at Monahan, according to The Telegraph. In response, Rory McIlroy told Murray, “Just play better, Grayson.”

Murray, taken aback by McIlroy’s comment, told him to “f— off.”

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, Rory pretty much limits out on the high end of douchebag status.

“We don’t trust you, Jay! You lied to our face,” Murray reportedly shouted at Monahan, according to The Telegraph. In response, Rory McIlroy told Murray, “Just play better, Grayson.”

Murray, taken aback by McIlroy’s comment, told him to “f— off.”

So many douchebags involved who knows. Haha

The right move would have been to at least tell Rory. That would have help win over the players. Tiger is dust at this point

Ultimately this does unify the game of golf. But Monahan becomes the CEO of golf by basically going back on his word and pissing off a lot of players on the tour.